KISS: The Songs 1974-2012

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Feb 7, 2017.

1. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

It's weird followed since Alive Tour and always loved it. Every show was a blast, but when I look back it's like,....Iowa.....all Corn. Still I love it wouldn't trade the memories for anything. Maybe the image is more what I was than they???

jeffreybh and BluesOvertookMe like this.
  2. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

3. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Split of songwriting credits for

KISS/Hotter than Hell/Dressed to Kill
    Paul: 13.25
    Gene: 9.25
    Ace: 5.25
    Peter: 0.25
    Other: 2.0

Total: 30 songs

Destroyer/Rock and Roll Over/Love Gun

Paul: 9.166
    Gene: 10.08
    Ace: 1.25
    Peter: 1.334
    Other: 3.16
    Bob Ezrin: 2.5
    Sean Delaney: 1.5

Total: 29 songs

5. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

You didn't add side 4 of Alive II?

6. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

First 6 albums only for now.

7. Rockman67

Rockman67 Forum Resident

Hey, someone give me a song, and I'll write another Paul intro for it.

8. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Baby Driver

9. Rockman67

Rockman67 Forum Resident

Awright, so last week, our man Mr. Peter Criss was out drivin, and saw this smokin hawt girl
    drivin this great big truck, and she was SO good lookin, he wants to tell y'all. . . About his BABY DRIVER!!!!

ejluther, dave9199, jeffreybh and 2 others like this.
  10. Diamond Star Halo

Diamond Star Halo Forum Resident

Let’s Put the X in Sex

11. Rockman67

Rockman67 Forum Resident

Aw-right, hold on, lemme tell y'all somethin' . So after the show last night, I was talkin to this girl, and she told me she felt dumb cuz she dropped outta school. So I told her, "Now dont cry girl, I'll teach ya something. Now let's start this spelling lesson... by puttin the X IN SEX !!!!"

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  12. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

This is not new but it's just been re-released on the new Foo Fighters EP

FF cover of Ace's "Ozone"

Curveboy and Rockman67 like this.
  13. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Great Expectations

Almost Human

I

Odyssey

Fanfare

14. Rockman67

Rockman67 Forum Resident

Now all you kids out there who are always hearin that all this rock n roll is bad fo' yuh, and you're wasting your time bein' here tonight, and won't amount to nothin' , don't listen to 'em. I Want You all to know, that your all amazing, and keep being awesome, cuz you've all got GREAT EXPECTATIONS!!!

ejluther, superstar19 and dave9199 like this.
  15. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

"I was talking' with someone backstage and she said she was saving herself for the right guy. I told her 'If you want me to give you an autograph, you'll have to give me something in return cause I've got GREAT EXPECTATIONS!' "

ejluther, superstar19 and Rockman67 like this.
  16. Rockman67

Rockman67 Forum Resident

(In a hushed tone) Now let me tell you PEE-PO somethin important [primps], we might have tuh rap this show up early, cuz when the Demon's around, and it gets around midnight, PEE-PO u best get inside, cuz he's ALMOST HUMAN!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    William Smart and ejluther like this.
  17. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

You need to add one "Pee-poh" at least every other sentence. And bracketed instructions to keep primping.

18. Rockman67

Rockman67 Forum Resident

How's this?

William Smart likes this.
  19. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

Pee-Poh! How's This? [primp hair, shake hips]

Like that. ;-)

20. Rockman67

Rockman67 Forum Resident

Meant the edis to my post, but thanks for the example

(Leans to side, primps more) Now how'm Ah lookin?

21. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

"I was talkin' with Gene backstage and a woman came up and said she was interested in being with him tonight...Me and Gene get a lot of that. Well, he looked her up and down, then tells the woman he'll have to take a raincheck because he's married. I said to him, 'Wow Gene! It's like you're...ALMOST HUMAN!' "

22. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

I tried.......I hurt myself..... [Exits stage right.....limping... Fist goes up,.....trying to primp...... One last PEE-POH.....Twists Ankle..... Painful Scream Lights Dim ......a painful whispered pee-poh. Lights out. ] End

SpaceAce716 and Rockman67 like this.
  23. Rockman67

Rockman67 Forum Resident

So I had this idea to see if I could edit down the run times of all of Kiss' albums, and here's the result for the debut.

27:50 (w/ Love Theme)
    25:25 (w/o Love Theme)

I recalculated The runtime without Kissin Time and Black Diamond's ending, and cut down a few songs (that ended on fade-out) by 10-20 seconds depending.

Just something that was on my mind.

William Smart and Clanceman like this.
  24. deeluxdx7

deeluxdx7 Forum Resident

WHY?? WHY?? Would you want to do that??

I don't ever get a strange urge like "Hey! I wonder what "UNMASKED" would sound like if I edited out ALL the choruses?"

"Love theme" The end of "Let me know" the tape loop/pitch down at the end of "Black Diamond" Those are the little bits of charm I used to LOVE on records.

Things like the beginning to "Detroit Rock City" and "Rock n' Roll Party" to close Destroyer, to me were essential artistic elements that eased you in and drew you out of the world the record invited you to visit.

I was thinking about this the other day, how so many artists release (used to release) records with...they HOPED maybe three songs that were single-worthy. Then maybe a quality"deep-cut" or two, maybe a cover and the rest would be obvious filler.

But they don't optimize the filler, or covers, I've always thought bands should NEVER record covers of songs that in a perfect world they would have written themselves. It makes their own material look weak in comparison. And the filler songs just sound like bad versions of their "Singles" If a song is going to be filler DO SOMETHING INTERESTING!

I always thought "Love theme from KISS" was PERFECT, a jam..that is actually really cool (Some of you already know, and some may be shocked to hear that "Lovet Theme" gets covered A LOT, next time you are at a gig, during a break between songs try yelling "LOVE THEME FROM KISS!!" \
    You might be surprised to hear the band play it!

I also love the "bookend" sonic wallpapering at the end of each side, it made the record more of an experience.

To think....You took the time to GET RID of that stuff....What's next? Cut the guitar solo in Deuce? Acoustic 1st verse of "Black Diamond"?

APOSTASY!!!

SpaceAce716, superstar19 and carlwm like this.
  25. Rockman67

Rockman67 Forum Resident

Geez Louise, man. I have no ill will towards any of that stuff. I was just bored. I like all those songs, I just had the random idea, " what if everything was short as it could possibly be. I actually like LOVE THEME, quite a bit.

Also, I did no actual editing, just approximated where the songs xould logically be cut off.

No hate man, just having fun.