Klipsch bringing back Forte

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by SKBubba, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Storz

Storz Forum Resident

I'm thinking about buying a Klipsch soundbar. Anybody know how they sound?

2. McLover

McLover Senior Member

The Fortes were good enough for Owen Bradley late in life, he had a pair in his office. The pair I've heard sounded great, though in another different environment. That were powered by a small tube amplifier.

3. Maccamera

Maccamera Well-Known Member

Sorry so late.... To answer your question, NO I do not experience any brightness or fatigue. I understand older versions were shouty or bright, but, these have redesigned drivers and horn shapes. No issues at all

theron d likes this.
  4. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

i heard some Forte II recently....when turned up “ouch” those horns! Ill audition some IIIs see how they compare...

The Pop Kids likes this.
  5. The Pop Kids

The Pop Kids Forum Resident

Proud owner of some mint IIs, but I’m considering the IIIs. Anyone heard both? If so, are the IIIs a significant upgrade?

6. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Forum Resident

I had Forte IIIs for awhile, not long enough to fully break them in. I still have my Forte I speakers, so there's that. I have had a few speakers in my life and since getting the Forte Is and putting Ti diaphragms in the tweeters (I did the same for the midrange, but went back to stock there) and Crites x-overs, I am having a hard time finding speakers I prefer overall. In fact, if I try out other speakers in the future, I will probably look into Cornwalls or La Scalas. I have subwoofers so the bass extension is not a factor for me, but integration is.

7. mr clean

mr clean Forum Resident

Klipsch speakers can be hot in some rooms. There is no doubt. Mine were and would give me headaches and fatigue for the first time in my 56 years on the planet. I thought I was going to have to return them, but I loved how they sounded when I would first turn them on. Started using some eq and man what a difference. a lot of mods you see being made to Klipsch speakers can be solved with a turn of a knob or two on my little Schiit Loki! Or any other good eq. And a lot of times it is just a db or two. By switching gear, using tube amps, changing crossovers, etc you are doing the same thing. Why won't people just turn a few controls and accomplish what you are trying to do in the first place! Tame the brightness. I went from hating the speakers to loving them in about 10 seconds after adjustments were made.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Gumboo likes this.
  8. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

this was exactly my thought, but unfortunately i sold the Forte II before getting a Schiit Loki. That little tone control is incredible for dialing in speakers! Ive got some KG4s now (with one horn) and happy with the results. Woulda coulda shoulda, thats life. The Forte II went to a good home though...:righton:

9. mr clean

mr clean Forum Resident

My room is far from perfect also. The little Loki is nice in that you can add little bass when listening at low volume also. What are Mr Hoffmans thoughts on using eq for playback being that he is a sound engineer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.