KMart ad 3/12-for vinyl collectors

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Dan, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan Senior Member Thread Starter

On page five of the KMart ad (of my ad at least) there is a Sauder pine-finish storage cabinet for $89. I believe I have the same unit in a different color. It's a great way to store vinyl or even LP-sized CD boxsets. It's pretty heavy and won't warp under the weight of vinyl. Here's a pic of mine:

[​IMG]

2. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Nice cabinet! Down here in the D/FW area K-Mart closed down. Do you have a model# on the Sauder? Thanks!

3. Dan

I went looking for it today to see if it was like mine and couldn't find it in the store....yet. It's not listed online either. There is no model # listed in the ad.

I think this is the same one on the Sauder website:

http://www.sauder.com/furniture/product.asp?p=799

4. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

How many LPs would you estimate one would be able to fit in this case, Dan?

TIA

5. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

6. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I don't think they have them in all the stores. They don't in my local store.

7. johmbolaya

johmbolaya Active Member

What pressing of Highway To Hell is that in there? :righton:

Attached Files:

8. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

They are not the same. If you compare your shelf to the one on Sauder's web site, you will notice that the one on Sauder's web site is a bit fancier. Noticed the details along the edges. So my concern is whether the shelves are the same dimensions on the two units.

9. Dan

Sorry, I haven't been paying attention. I did a quick check/estimate and you can fit between 85-95 albums per square.....so.....800+ albums perhaps.

10. Dan

Yeah, there were several TV stands I wanted to see in that ad as well and I couldn't find those either. :realmad:

11. Dan

WOW!!! TALK ABOUT EAGLE-EYES!!!! :righton:

That's the US pressing that I received from a friend on my birthday in 1981 (I believe).

12. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

Oooh, pretty substantial!

13. Parkertown

Parkertown Tawny Port

I got one! Thanks so much for listing this Dan... :thumbsup: This totally solves my storage problems...

No, it's not quite like yours. It has these wood-trim pieces on the sides that you MUST put on or you'll have some unfinished surfaces showing. This causes records on the outer ends to be hidden behind the trim a bit...not a make or break issue for me. I did however choose to not install that top trim piece. It's only purpose is to hide the locking cams...I've stuck it into the opening at the bottom instead. :cool:

This unit is nice and heavy. I may even go back for one more for the future...I had meant on going yesterday, but got too busy. But their ad today states "All furniture on sale-Final week of the semi-annual furniture sale." So I'm pretty hopeful it will still be on sale.

If I have time, I'll try to post a pic. But it's exactly like the cabinet in Bradley's post.

Shweeeeeet!

14. Andrew T.

Andrew T. Out of the Vein

I spot a Morrison Hotel in there, too. :whistle:

15. Parkertown

Parkertown Tawny Port

Okay...here's a few...I'm a happy camper... :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Dan

I see that. I do like the natural wood though.

A tip for cabinet hunters. I don't know if they still make them but there is a cabinet made by the same company that is three cubes high and two-wide. It's more of a "vertical" version of my cabinet.

17. 51nocaster

51nocaster Senior Member

Gotta love those Classic Blue Note monos! How do the Lee Morgan and Dizzy Reese sound?

18. Parkertown

Parkertown Tawny Port

Only the Reece, Silver, and Jones are Classic Records reissues.

The other Blue Notes are 70's pressings, except the Green which is a King Japan pressing, and the Morgan is a Toshiba-EMI 180 gram pressing. The Ed Thigpen on Verve is an original mono pressing.

The Reece sounds just dandy on my system.

I'd heard mixed reports about the Classic reissue of the Morgan Vol. 3 album. Reports of sibilance...which I've encountered on a couple Classics.

That Green sounds so fine...

I ususally don't keep anything that doesn't sound good. Those go back or are sold in used shops here.

I'd never sell a bad record here... :)

19. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Dan did you get yours at K Mart or from somewhere else? I like the finish.

Trip to K Mart tonight. :)

Jason

20. Dan

I got mine at a Grossman's/Mr. Seconds, a small home improvement store only in the Northeast I believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.