Kylie Minogue: 'Disco' - 15th Studio album (November 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bink, Jul 16, 2020.

1. rfkavanagh

rfkavanagh Unashamedly Pop!

Ok, I figured out why the eyes look so weird but familiar to me, and a bit droopy around the outside. I think I've identified a whole 'nother '70s influence...

[​IMG]

2. DesertHermit

DesertHermit Now an UrbanHermit

:unhunh:

Having said all this, I am looking forward to hearing this. I loved Golden and continue to listen to it quite often.

Bink, tin ears and rfkavanagh like this.
  3. rfkavanagh

Indeed - don't mistake my entertaining myself for a lack of excitement at having a new release to look forward to!

tin ears and DesertHermit like this.
  4. rfkavanagh

Bink likes this.
  5. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I was hoping she’d make another album along the lines of her Deconstruction-era material where she was more adventurous... (and of course, not as popular!)

ah well, more boring dance pop, this time without the illusion of “going country”...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    vivresavie likes this.
  6. Bink

Bink Forum Resident Thread Starter

I am kind of getting 'Confessions on the Dancefloor' vibes from the artwork - ie modern take on late 70's / early 80's disco.

aseriesofsneaks likes this.
  7. rfkavanagh

Maybe she’ll have a Donna Summer sample instead of ABBA!

Bink likes this.
  8. Bink

I wonder if they will have a Ladybird book type format that they have used for the last couple of releases.

9. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Hope so. I liked those.

Bink likes this.
  10. Bink

Me too. I am hoping they reissue her earlier albums in the same format.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  11. shark shaped fin

shark shaped fin Forum Resident

The only famous Kylie that counts

12. Bink

13. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

So sad that it was a one shot! That was the album that made me a fan.

I’m not liking that cover. Hopefully the music will shine.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  14. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Well, two-shot really: the "Confide In Me" album was a very good dance-pop album (that should have been the album title), while "Impossible Princess" was a brilliant "indie-pop-for-the-mainstream" masterpiece (and I still don't get why the album title would have been offensive at the time). There were also quite a few unreleased tracks that were eventually released on a compilation -- many of them also stellar. It's unfortunate that either the public wasn't interested or Deconstruction just wasn't very good at marketing...

RevUp64, Pizza and vivresavie like this.
  15. rfkavanagh

I listened to KM94 in its entirety yesterday for the first time in a good decade, and my opinion of it remains unchanged - half the songs are great (Confide In Me is still genius, and Put Yourself In My Place was a very strong single), and half the songs are painfully generic house/dance filler. I would have fallen off the Kylie train very quickly if she'd continued on to her next album with songs like If I Was Your Lover, Where Is The Feeling, Where Has The Love Gone, and Falling. (Of course, I know those are the very songs some people love about the album, but they're wrong. :winkgrin: ) While I normally dislike eponymous albums (how lazy!), I do understand the circumstances for this one - calling it Kylie Minogue was a fairly declarative statement about who she was as an artist and a way of separating and reestablishing herself apart from S/A/W.

Impossible Princess is one I don't listen to that often but I still appreciate it a lot, and it's certainly among the most intimate and invested material she's ever recorded, although probably my two favorite tracks from the era didn't even make it to the album - Love Takes Over Me and Take Me With You. Golden was a spiritual return to form on the songwriting front (and a select few songs on X, plus various unreleased tracks over the years), but through a very different lens. As far as the IP title change, it was only in the UK/Europe that they went with the generic Kylie Minogue title again, which was just silly, but sensitivity over Diana made people do silly things. It also meant the album had a very staggered release around the world. At least the proper name was restored globally when the special edition was released a few years later.

But I don't need angsty Kylie right now. Bring on the Disco!

Mylene and Bobby Morrow like this.
  16. Bink

tin ears, Bobby Morrow and rfkavanagh like this.
  17. rfkavanagh

Not listed on Amazon US yet (at least that I can see), and Amazon UK has a note that it won't ship the limited turquoise vinyl to my territory. Most listings on Amazon UK these days have a note saying they're only offering "limited shipping options" to my area, but more and more of them are starting to say "This item cannot be shipped to your selected shipping destination." Annoying. Still, I'm more likely to end up spending a fortune on a pre-order bundle from Townsend once those go live.

Bink likes this.
  18. Bobby Morrow

Looks like the deluxe CD is something similar to the Aphrodite one.

Bink likes this.
  19. rfkavanagh

FYI, for anyone interested in ordering one of the official bundles, the Townsend site went live early - you can now order everything at kylie.tmstor.es

Exclusives: clear vinyl, deluxe CD in casebound book (like the Golden version referenced earlier in the thread), cassette, and photo.

There were 50 test pressings but they went in about five seconds. Not a crazy price - $191 - but still too much for me to bite...

[​IMG]

20. Bink

Very happy that they are continuing with the casebound book.

rfkavanagh and Bobby Morrow like this.
  21. Bobby Morrow

Yes, they’ll all match now.:D

rfkavanagh and Bink like this.
  22. Bobby Morrow

Good lord. This woman really knows how to bundle, doesn’t she?

rfkavanagh likes this.
  23. rfkavanagh

And in case she misses you in the official store bundles, she'll catch you with the Amazon-exclusive turquoise vinyl and the HMV-exclusive clear blue vinyl!

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  24. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Yeah. I’ve been complaining about that for a year or two now. It started with the cheaply priced CDs by big artists and grew from there. I even started a thread about it here but no one seemed to care or they didn’t believe me. Bums me out. Most of the Golden stuff I got from Amazon.UK. Guess I don’t get that color vinyl. Oh, well.

rfkavanagh likes this.
  25. rfkavanagh

For Step Back In Time, Amazon US ended up listing the mint green vinyl as well, so hopefully we'll get either the turquoise or blue vinyl in the U.S., too. Plus it won't cost an extra limb in shipping.

Pizza likes this.