Kylie Minogue turns "Golden" with new album coming in 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Pizza, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni Thread Starter

Okay. Made me look.

I have the deluxe CD package and it has Breathe. 3:37
    The mp3 download that came with the Picture Disc set also has Breathe, but a different length: 3:41. It says it's the radio edit.

The PD only has 20 tracks on it. I have the color vinyl edition on order too but Amazon hasn't sent it yet so it will be interesting to the configuration on that.
    (Hopefully I still get it. They burned me on a past Kylie 12" release and canceled my order. Of course, it was after it was sold out everywhere else.)

Interesting, I'm reading one review on Amazon about the vinyl. They claim that the jacket is only one sleeve with the two albums squeezed in with plain paper sleeves. My Picture Disc is in a gatefold with glossy decorated sleeves. How odd.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    Mylene likes this.
  2. Mark_TB

Mark_TB Forum Resident

I have the standard black vinyl edition, and it is indeed a single pocket jacket with paper sleeves. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

Troystar and Pizza like this.
  3. Pizza

That’s a bummer. The color vinyl will probably be the same single pocket jacket. The picture discs were sold exclusively at Kylie’s online shop. That’s disappointing.

4. popscene

popscene Senior Member

I share your opinion on the most part on KMO, although I’ll agree with @Bobby Morrow on “Mr. President.” It belongs with “Skirt” as career low points, in my book.

“Crystallize” is magnificent, one of my favourite Kylie singles. And, even though it wasn’t a part of the KMO sessions, I think that the 2013 collaboration with Múm, “Whistle,” is one of the best things she ever did. Had either/both been included, it would have been huge incentive to get Step Back In Time. Instead, I’ll be content to stream “New York City” on occasion.

5. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

As someone who doesn’t own any of the previous Kylie comps, I am quite tempted by Step Back In Time...

Not sure how often I’d play it though as I tend to listen to her studio albums a fair bit.

Mylene likes this.
  6. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

[​IMG]

#1 in Australia.

7. cquiller1

cquiller1 Forum Resident

P!nk is an absolute monster in Australia. She's got to be the biggest selling female artist they've ever had. I think she's had more success there than even Kylie has.

8. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

P!nk's sold out more shows in Australia than anyone. Dire Straits used to hold the record but P!nk smashed it to pieces.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    cquiller1 likes this.
  9. Bobby Morrow

I was wondering why she had 2 albums in the top 10.:D

The last album I have by her is The Truth About Love.

10. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

My wife is Australian, and some of the gig stats she told me blew my mind. Something like a 2 week residency in Melbourne, toured AUS, then played there again?!

Mylene likes this.
  11. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

She's managed by Roger Davies who managed Sherbet, ONJ, Tina Turner and Tony Joe White. He knows exactly what Australians want to spend their wages on.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  12. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

That is correct, yesterday I bought the mint version and that's how they came, I've put them straight away in MOFI sleeves. I would have expected a gatefold with some photos.

Mylene likes this.
  13. Bobby Morrow

If you want the pics you’ll have to get the hardback book CD version.:)

14. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

I haven't seen an open one yet. I need to get out more.

15. Bobby Morrow

I don’t go out either. Just saw an unboxing video on YouTube.

:)

Mylene likes this.
  16. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Great book. You need it!!

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  17. Bobby Morrow

The cassette looks nice too!

I don’t think I’ve ever said that before.

:D

tin ears likes this.
  18. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The two clocks on the back that look like a cassette mechanism looks really good.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  19. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

There's no pictures at all on the standard 2 CD. What artist do they think they're promoting?

Pizza, tin ears and Bobby Morrow like this.
  20. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Seriously the book cover is a really great package. There's lots of picture sleeves, records and cassettes. Someone should do a coffee table book of just Kylie records. I'd line up to get a copy.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  21. Pizza

Right! As nice as the gatefold and sleeves are for the picture disc set are, the only picture of Kylie is on the cover. I was surprised.

Going through the book and seeing pictures of past releases really made me sad about the loss of CD singles. I loved collecting those.

Mylene and portlandjulian like this.
  22. Pizza

I agree that they should have added more of her digital-only singles/releases to the CD set. That would have made me very happy.

In the same vein, I was hoping for a later release of a deluxe version of Golden much like her previous albums with a second CD that scooped up the remixes and stray tracks, but it didn’t happen.

Mylene likes this.
  23. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

There are suggestions (not least from Kylie herself in a recent interview) that there will be an expanded version of Step Back in Time around Christmas.

If they do this then my wishlist is:

1. All singles (including those excluded from the current version) in chronological order

2. Blu ray discs of the videos

3. Rare and unreleased tracks

4. Blu ray from the current tour

Mylene and Pizza like this.
  24. Bobby Morrow

Talk about aiming high.:D

You know she’ll probably just add a few Christmas songs, right?

:D

DesertHermit, tin ears and Bink like this.
  25. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

Lol I am sure you are right but thought I would put it out there!

I enjoy the deluxe boxsets that people like Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen release. It would be nice if some of my favourite 'pop' artists like Kylie and Madonna did something similar.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.