Kylie Minogue turns "Golden" with new album coming in 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Pizza, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

Checked out her UK chart hits upon seeing that insane stat

32 top 10 (9 of them making it to number 2)
    7 chart toppers

If Kylie isn't the most successful female artist in the UK she must be very close

bob60 likes this.
  2. Benn Kempster

Benn Kempster Who else?

Just because..........

[​IMG]

englishbob, Meyer and Mylene like this.
  3. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni Thread Starter

A couple of hundred bucks and you still got the single CD version of the album. I remember chuckling about that back then. If I was going to drop that much money I’d want a bonus CD of stuff only available in that set. Book looked nice but it was an easy pass.

4. Pizza

There was “The Albums 2000-2010.” It was dirt cheap too. Don’t know if it’s still available.

Not quite the early stuff but covers her most successful period. The early stuff got rereleased (first four albums) in deluxe sets. They’re pretty nice.

Mylene likes this.
  5. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

There's website in Australia called AusPop and they were pushing it like crazy. Really went the hard-sell. It was like if you didn't preorder it from Warners you'd have no chance of ever even seeing a copy.

[​IMG]

I bought the one with the DVD and the triple Tour Edition which had a remix CD and a megamix CD that I've only played once.

6. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Yeah, it was all her Parlophone stuff for the price of a single CD.

[​IMG]

I bought the 25 3" CD single box but I waited till I found a cheap one (Lucky because it's the only cheap one I've ever seen).

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Frightwig likes this.
  7. Pizza

I debated that one. Was disappointed it was only 1 track per disc. (Or was it 2?) Got spoiled by the Bananarama and Girls Aloud boxes so I skipped it.

8. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Exactly. It was 2 singles per disc (except Time Bomb which got it's own disc). It was real cheap and nasty looking with poor black and white scans of the original artwork. The good thing about it was that all the versions were correct (They usually put on the wrong versions of What Do I Have To Do and Finer Feelings)

9. juss100

juss100 Forum Resident

I have the albums from that period already. I guess it would have to be a pretty nice box to tempt me to rebuy, though they are CDs which see a decent amount of play!

Do you have a link to the deluxe versions of the earlier albums? I didn't know they existed, that could be quite interesting. [EDIT: I think I found them but they're quite pricey now]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  10. Pizza

I got the 3 disc version of Step Back in Time this week. I didn’t care for the 40 minute Medley. The song transitions were too abrupt and slammed together. It wasn’t anything special. It would have been sweet had they just included the non CD singles.

tin ears, Mylene and bob60 like this.
  11. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

[​IMG]

This is great. Just as wacky and weird as any other Kylie concert (probably Homecoming was a little weirder but she was getting over breast cancer so had to prove something). Crazy mashups (Locomotion and Bad Girls, Slow and Being Boiled!!) and some insane backstory about a hot car. There's a moment in every Kylie show when she suddenly remembers singing ABBA into a hairbrush in front of the mirror and she literally can't believe where she is and how she got there. On this show it's right at the end. Highly recommended.

12. Pizza

I got this in the mail a few days ago. Looking forward to watching it. Bummed that there wasn’t a Blu-ray version, at least that I could find.

13. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

When I was looking for a picture there was one with a black cover instead of the white. I would have bough a Blu-ray if it was available... for sure

Pizza likes this.
  14. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The greatest commercial .... Ever!

15. Pizza

It’s a good one!

16. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Can someone make an animated GIF of Kylie pulling that pint? I think its the most perfect thing I've ever seen, and would never get bored of watching it!

andycherry and Mylene like this.
  17. vivresavie

vivresavie Forum Resident

Golden Live in Concert (24bit digital) might be the least DR compressed Kylie release since 1994:thumbsup:
    No Bluray is unacceptable:thumbsdow

Mylene likes this.
  18. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

There's at least two editorials that have criticised Kylie's ad. Until Australians are seen worldwide as corporate lawyers or cattle barons they'll never be satisfied.

Pizza likes this.
  19. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Agreed. Saw it last night in full and edited a few times during Kylie's Secret Night on Channel 4 and it was a treat. Regardless of any criticisms I thought it was a great ad for the country with a lot of humour and a Quokka. I'd love to go one day especially if Kylie showed me around. Fair dinkum I say.

20. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The Quokka was a reference to the Australian sitcom Rosehaven where one character is obsessed with going to WA and seeing one. Every time he shows anyone a picture of the quokka on his phone their hearts melt.

[​IMG]

What's a quokka? Why just the happiest animal ever! Watch the entire season of #Rosehaven now on iview.

21. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

[​IMG]

Charlene Mitchell/Ramsey lives!!!

edenofflowers and Willie McTell like this.
  22. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

referencing the Slow video

edenofflowers likes this.
  23. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

Poor Charlene! Looks like her career hasn't progressed since she moved to Brisbane 30 years ago. Unless she owns a mechanic company now lol.

Mylene likes this.
  24. Saw this add last night on the Kylie night on channel 4 also. Great advert! I’ve been to Australia years ago and when I saw this I wanted to go straight back! Pretty sure I saw the Yarra River at one point in beautiful Melbourne.

edenofflowers and Mylene like this.
  25. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

I love Quokkas. I first heard about them when I friend of mine years ago lived in Australia for a year and he came back with tales of this adorable creature. I've been a sukka for Quokkas ever since.

Mylene likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.