LA&OC Audio Society event for LIFETIME MEMBERS at The Audio Home, Fullerton, Saturday June 30th!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Steve Hoffman, Jun 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Hey, LA&OC Audio Society members, the big event for lifetime members is next Saturday, June 30th at The Audio Home in Fullerton, CA. I will have the honor of hanging with you and I'm so looking forward to it!

Here is the info, direct from the press release:

Los Angeles and Orange Country Audio Society Presents Premiere EVENT FOR SOCIETY LIFETIME MEMBERS ONLY.

**COUNTDOWN TO THE FIRST EVER SOCIETY LIFETIME MEMBER EVENT HAS BEGUN!!!
    **CURRENT SOCIETY OFFICERS INVITED, TOO.

President Bob Levi writes:

At:
    The Audio Home @Warren Jarrett
    A large venue, with 5 listening rooms
    Society officers also invited. Please RSVP to Allen Taylor below.

Saturday, June 30th, beginning at 1 PM; Ending when the last member leaves!

Warren Jarrett WRITES: “You may have seen me at audio shows, heard my demonstrations for Music First Audio, Audio Note (UK), and Voss Audio. And, you may have read my posts on Steve Hoffman's website. I have loved music and audio equipment since the early 1980s, and finally found some brands of equipment that can match a concert experience in a home environment.”

A UNIQUE Raffle where every attendee has the same odds to WIN!
    The RAFFLE prizes from Audio Note are:
    AN-R- ZERO/II Tube Phono Preamp - Retail $1950.00
    Pair AN-LEXUS Stereo Interconnect Cables - Retail $230.00
    >>>>>Bring an audiophile accessory, LP or CD in trade for one ticket per person.<<<<<

Food to be catered by Warren Jarrett. THANK YOU WARREN!

*****Guest Speaker will be STEVE HOFFMAN – Award-winning Recording, Mastering and Restoration Engineer – Has compiled, mastered and released over 1,000 record albums and compact discs to critical acclaim.

Warren Jarrett -- The Audio Home in Fullerton
    email: [email protected], [email protected]
    tel: 562-897-2227

Once again:
    **COUNTDOWN TO THE FIRST EVER SOCIETY LIFETIME MEMBER EVENT HAS BEGUN!!!
    **CURRENT SOCIETY OFFICERS INVITED, TOO.

RESERVE TODAY
    *****CONTACT S.V.P. and LIFETIME MEMBER ALLEN TAYLOR, “MAJOR, MAJOR,” TO RSVP NOW;
    CALL 714-299-1509
    OR EMAIL
    [email protected]

Become a Lifetime Member of the Society AND double your fun! We appreciate you and your support! JUST Select "Join the Society" on our website, pay a one-time- only $350, AND never pay dues again.

www.laocas.com
    http://theaudiohome.com/

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. Steve Hoffman

See you in a few days.

3. Warren Jarrett

Warren Jarrett Audio Note (UK) dealer in SoCal/LA-OC In Memoriam

The event for the Los Angeles & Orange County Audio Society took place at The Audio Home in Fullerton on Saturday. It was really wonderful, and I thank everyone who came, but particularly my friends who helped me with preparation.

The first great thing was that Steve was there. He played music, and described the sonic failures and successes we heard in two forms: the original raw studio recordings and the production mastered recordings as delivered to the public.

The second great thing was that guests could meander among three listening rooms, and critique openly about what they heard. Well, I was not approached by more than 2 people with their frank comments, but I did have friends hear the comments and pass them onto me. The general consensus was that my big room, with my most expensive combination of equipment, was not as satisfying as the full Audio Note room, of much lower total cost.

Did I purposely sabotage the big room to assure that? No way, I really like the sound in both rooms. And, I think, so did everyone else; its just that the full AN system is less impressive but more satisfying. Would anyone who was there like to agree or disagree? And, did anyone there start to fall in love with AN equipment, as much as Steve and I have? I have no idea, but I am just happy that my visitors enjoyed themselves, and liked much of what they heard.

I feel strongly that anyone who ever thought Audio Note is nothing special, then heard the sound in my Room 2, will never be able to think that again.

bhazen and marka like this.
  4. Steve Hoffman

I had a really good time at the LA/OC Audio Society meeting. Bob Levi made me an Honorary Member for life! I get my little gold name tag just like the rest of the gang. Neat!!

Giving a lecture in front of that giant group of audio experts was a bit daunting but they responded with enthusiasm so all was well.

I could really sense that this crowd dug audio but FIRST AND FOREMOST, it was about the music. Truly about the music. We had music discussions as we wandered from room to room, passionate people with a love of recordings, willing to explore music beyond their comfort level. In other words, my kind of people.

It was a rewarding day, I felt at home and at ease with these blokes. So glad to be a member of the Los Angeles & Orange County Audio Society, the largest group of its kind in the United States with over 2,000 dues paying members.

An amazing day. And just being at Warren's AUDIO HOME was a treat. Three rooms full of gear, records, tapes, CD's everywhere, music always on, a dedicated AUDIO NOTE UK room (which sounded amazing), what's not to love? You can visit there any time, just call Warren for an appointment. You don't have to buy anything, just relax there and go on a musical journey.

bhazen, marka and Warren Jarrett like this.
  5. marka

marka Forum Resident

Nice event, Warren! And a fantastic turnout.

Really a great place to hold an event: great sounding great music, scenic view of the lake, etc..

I think that the attendees REALLY enjoyed it, particularly Steve’s presentation (folks were blown away by it), and his later encore presentation.

6. Steve Hoffman

Was great seeing you there, Mark. Tacos soon.

7. marka

marka Forum Resident

Likewise - and you really killed it. I’ve heard many of those stories before, and you always present them fresh.

bhazen likes this.
  8. Steve Hoffman

Thanks!

9. John Mee

John Mee Forum Resident

I am sooooo jealous of you guys! Even though I have been to the Audio Home several times, including the weekend before this event and spent many enjoyable evenings with Warren, I STILL wish I could have come because it such an enjoyable time. Unfortunately, I just couldn’t justify the travel expense ( or the lifetime membership dues)....

Glad it went so well!

Now back to listening to music...

10. Steve Hoffman

Hope to see you soon, John.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.