Lance Kerwin RIP

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Rob P S, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Rob P S

Rob P S Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Bummer. James At 15 was my go to show for a minute. True story I lost MY virginity after watching that show with my then girlfriend. In addition, 'Salem's Lot was absolutely great and Lance nailed the Mark Petrie character. R.I.P.

3. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

4. Hanglow

Hanglow Forum Resident

Too bad...had his own tv series,he got a lot of work in the 70's...I remember the TV movie The Loneliest Runner?
    a Michael Landon film.He pretty much disappeared after the 80's.

RIP

5. AppleBonker

AppleBonker Forum Resident

I watched that show when I was a preteen, but literally all I remember about it was that in the second season they changed the name of the show to James at 16; in the credits, they showed the previous title, then crossed out the 15 and replaced it with 16. I don't think it made it to 17.

I do recall liking it. Did the show ever make it to reruns? R.I.P. to Lance Kerwin.

6. Frank Discussion

Frank Discussion Forum Resident

R.I.P.
    I can't believe that 'James at 16' was on for just one season. I thought it was a really good show. AppleBonker is correct that the show didn't make it to 17 (or was canceled when Kerwin turned 17).

7. mfcmad

mfcmad Touch and Go

from what I remember , it was a great show. too bad

MikaelaArsenault and longdist01 like this.
  8. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

RIP.

I remember watching James At 15/16 every week when I was a kid and then remember watching Salem's Lot miniseries starring him, David Soul and James Mason when it was on. That was some good stuff.

The Loneliest Runner, I wasn't sure about. But after reading the description of that, I remember watching that too since I was a bedwetter, like the character.

MikaelaArsenault and kouzie like this.
  9. g.z.

g.z. Senior Member

Rest In Peace

10. I remember him in The Loneliest Runner.

R.I.P.

11. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Wow I looked him up just a few days ago.

12. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

13. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

14. Jack Lord

Jack Lord Forum Resident

Sad news. I read over the years that he developed substance abuse problems, but was trying to straighten out.

I really liked James at 15/16. I even bought a couple of paperbacks - one of the pilot and one of a random episode. Hell, my old man liked it too. Used to say it was very realistic and all that stuff would happen to me- took a few years to obtain a nice looking Swede. :winkgrin:

And Salem's Lot! He held his own with Hutch and the legendary James Mason.

RIP Lance

15. greenhorn

greenhorn Forum Resident

James at 15 was important to me.
    It was relatable and meaningful to another 15 year old.

16. AppleBonker

AppleBonker Forum Resident

For some reason I used to think he was related to Jodie Foster. Looking at that photo again, I can see why I might have thought that.

17. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

18. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I fondly remember him on Little House On The Prairie.

19. PB62

PB62 Forum Resident

I remember a group of us in high school watching James at 15 and always talking about it the next day after the weeks episode. It was a good show.

Anyone remember a tv movie from the 80’s called Killer in the Family… with Robert Mitchum, Stuart Margolin and James Spader ? Lance was in that too… a very good low budget movie with Mitchum being a really good creepy Mitchum that he was so good at. I must have seen that a couple of times in rerun because a lot of scenes I recall verbatim. Lance did a great job in that.

RIP to a talented actor.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  20. zed

zed Forum Resident

Didn't know name but once I saw a pic of him--immediately knew of him. Rest in peace.

21. Gordon Crisp

Gordon Crisp Forum Resident

RIP

I was born in '80 but recall James At 15 being some kinda post-boomer touchstone as a good "real" show about teens.

Lots of references in MST3k, TV Guide and maybe Entertainment Weekly. I never saw repeats anywhere though, maybe TV Land in the early days of that station?

22. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

RIP. Loved James at 15 and always thought Lance was going to be a star.:(

23. RIP. He was terrific in both James at 15 and Salem’s Lot.

24. RobRoyF

RobRoyF Forum Resident

I remember Lance in Salem's Lot and I must have seen him appear in other shows around that time. Great child actor from what I recall and I remembered how he looked. I do not recall his name. RIP, Lance.

25. PeanutButterParty

PeanutButterParty Forum Resident

Aww too bad. I was also 15/16 when it was originally on. I watched this show a lot.

I must have missed the girlfriend episodes.

Funny to think that back then if you missed an episode of something, you had to wait until summer to maybe see it again.

But if you missed the rerun, it would be gone for years, maybe decades. There was no way if knowing if you would ever see it again.

RIP Lance.