Large collection of LPs and 45s for sale in Northeastern US

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by kanno1ae, Nov 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kanno1ae

kanno1ae Forum Resident Thread Starter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A large, private music collection is for sale in the northeastern US. The collection includes more than 6,000 45s, around 3,500 LPs, and approximately 2,500 12" singles. I do not have an exact count, nor do I have a list of what's in the collection. These belonged to a collector who handled them very carefully and probably rarely played them. Of the LPs I pulled out to inspect, nearly all of them appeared to be NM-. The covers have normal shelf wear but are in really nice condition (VG and VG+, with some NM-).

I do have some videos of the LP spines I can share privately for interested and serious buyers. This will at least give you some indication of the titles. In general, it's mostly pop & rock from the '60s to '80s. Most of the '60s titles are likely later pressings (like from the '7os). There are also lots of promo copies, as the collector worked for many years in radio.

The 45s are roughly 1/3 promos, 1/3 original stock copies, and 1/3 reprints ('60s tunes pressed on reissue labels in the 70s and 80s). Again, the vinyl is mostly in NM- condition for the ones I looked at.

Unfortunately, I am unable to search for and/or sell individual titles.

I am personally located in Dallas, TX, but the collection is in the NE United States, about 90 minutes north of New York City. The buyer would be responsible for packing and transporting the records.

$12,000 for the entire thing. (That's $1 per record.)

Thanks for your interest!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2017
  2. kanno1ae

3. kanno1ae

4. kanno1ae

latheofheaven likes this.
  5. kanno1ae

I'm dropping the price to $8,000, and again, please feel free to PM me with any questions. This is a beautiful collection for anyone who is into 60s, 70s, and 80s pop, rock, and R&B. Lots of promos mixed into the lot!

latheofheaven likes this.
  6. kanno1ae

Let's drop this down to $7,500. Send me a PM if this is something you're interested in.

theron d and latheofheaven like this.
  7. kanno1ae

Collection has been sold!

rediffusion and theron d like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.