Last Concert Experience?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by uncarvedbloke, Feb 28, 2015.

1. uncarvedbloke

uncarvedbloke Forum Resident Thread Starter

Who, When, Where?
    Good or bad?

Jack White ~ Leeds Arena Nov 14th 2014
    £32.50

Great show, great price - too loud tho'

2. drumtalking

drumtalking Member

Sturgill Simpson, 11/23/14 @Harlow's Sacramento--sold-out venue, $15 tickets, raucous and appreciative crowd, stunning band and charismatic performance--made my all-time top ten list covering almost fifty years of concert-going. Even better, he is returning to town in April (at a venue twice the size).

3. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

Savoy Brown at the Beach Club in Ventura California, January 2015. It was like listening to one of my favorite bands in my living room. Incredible!

Brettlowden, footlooseman and papatwo like this.
  4. sherrill50

sherrill50 Well-adapted Melomaniac

I don't remember the band or year, just that it was probably about the time when tickets started to cost more than the band's entire catalog.

5. watty

watty Forum Resident

This year had a few belters already:

Kraftwerk @ Paradiso in amsterdam. Absolutely amazing
    The sexual objects @ sneaky petes here in ediburgh, bit of a sweatbox but brilliant gig from amazing local band
    Slow club @ pleasance, edinburgh. All seater auditorium which i wasnt mad on but great gig all the same.

Marc almond, nick cave and belle and sebstian still to come.

footlooseman and uncarvedbloke like this.
  6. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Active Member

Sheryl Crow - June, 2014 at Interlochen, which is an amazing venue. Absolutely fantastic show. I had no idea she and her band could rock it out like they do. Their encore was Zep's 'Rock and Roll', and Page and Plant would have been proud. Twelfth row, dead center and we were given the tickets for free. Hard to beat that!

ODShowtime and Tree of Life like this.
  7. dennis the menace

dennis the menace Forum Veteran

Soundgarden last July. Grest show, awful sound.

Fullbug likes this.
  8. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

Janne Schra at TivoliVredenburg, last night. :)
    I got in at the last moment as a +1 of someone who was on the guesslist. Wasn't really familiar with her work, but it was a great concert. Nice dream-pop. Bought her new album afterwards and had it signed by her.

Totti is god likes this.
  9. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

Al diMeola acoustic , great !

footlooseman, Dennis0675 and Siegmund like this.
  10. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

Last night! North Mississippi All Stars with Anders Osborne, billed as NMO, at the Capital Theater in Port Chester, NY. Great sound in that old theater. Loved it! Going back next Friday night to see Los Lobos.

11. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

Colosseum, Robin 2 in Bilston, on Thursday.

Great show (they are splitting for good after their London gig tonight) from a band - Dave Greenslade, Jon Hiseman, Clem Clempson, Chris Farlowe, Barbara Thompson, Mark Clarke - who are all part of prog history. Feel privileged to have seen them - Greenslade and Farlowe are looking very old, though.

footlooseman likes this.
  12. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

I think it was Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band at the old Giants Stadium in 2003. The show wasn't bad, but it's such a hassle dealing with parking, jerks, traffic, jerks, security, jerks and ridiculous prices (though Bruce is more reasonable than most). All the same reasons why I don't go to baseball games. Long time Yankees fan, but haven't been to the new stadium yet. I'd rather watch the games on TV. Now, if someone gave me tickets? I would probably go.

Fullbug and Siegmund like this.
  13. octaneTom

octaneTom Man of Leisure

Last Tuesday, Suuns opened for Disappears at The Blind Pig in Ann Arbor. It was awesome. Noah Leger is the best drummer I've ever seen live.

falconerone likes this.
  14. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly?

Last night: Chain Station (bluegrass) @ Stem Ciders in Denver.

Dennis0675 likes this.
  15. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Punch Brothers in the Asheville (NC) Civic Center last Tuesday. Simply superb.

16. soundfanz

soundfanz Forum Resident

A week ago yesterday.

The Necks.

2 sets, the first was great, but the second 45 minute set was utterly brilliant.
    The best 45 minutes I've spent at any gig.

17. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

Nils Petter Molvaer solo concert, live in Kiev, 02/19/2015

Sublime. As ever.

It was MUCH louder at the concert than the sound one can hear in this video. The whole body was trembling from bass frequencies literally.

P. S. I am the dude with the glasses on to the left, heh. :)

Eric Athey, Icethorn and Fullbug like this.
  18. BrentNC

BrentNC Forum Resident

RJD2 NYE 2014 Asheville, NC. It was fun. Crowd was obnoxious but I didn't expect any different with it being NYE.

Although I haven't purchased tickets yet I am seeing Fleetwood Mac on 3/7 ( next Sat) in Charlotte NC

19. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

Bob Seger December 2006. I took my mom. I couldn't hear Bob at all thanks to everyone else feeling the need to sing along to every song, except the new ones.

MortSahlFan likes this.
  20. Zach Jirarat

Zach Jirarat Member

Last week (Feb 19 & 20) saw Belle & Sebastian, Caribou, Tuneyards,Thurston Moore Band, Temple, Real Estate live in Bangkok.
    Belle & Sebastian is one of the best live band I've ever seen. Bravo!
    Caribou sound was harder, more electronica and less abstracted that the album. Enjoy them very much.
    Tuneyards was so different from the album. It's more like the experimental act.
    Thurston Moore Band did some noise-rock show which stunned some audiences but I think he's still kicks ass after the Sonic Youth year.
    Temple had some problem with sound-checking so it's dropped from what I expected.
    I don't know anything about Real Estate before and I think their show was better than an average opening act.

s m @, BeardedSteven and watty like this.
  21. Catch22

Catch22 Forum Resident

Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings. Awesome live show at the House Of Blues in Boston.

JD McPherson tomorrow night at a small theater in the small central Mass town of Turners Falls

watty likes this.
  22. vivatones

vivatones Forum Resident

Arlo Guthrie last Friday at the wonderful Bijou Theater in Knoxville. Great show, outstanding sound, fine little venue. The Bijou is more than 100 years old, and seats 500. Arlo is on one of his every-ten-years Alice's Restaurant tours. This year is the 50th anniversary of the events of the "massacree." An altogether pleasant evening.

23. EddieT

EddieT Forum Resident

Ryan Adams, Hammersmith, last night.

Amazing. If admittedly depressing Friday night music. But tremendous nonetheless.

24. papatwo

papatwo Abiding Member

Ringo Starr and His All-Star Band at The Peace Center, Greenville, SC. Ringo and Company were in top form and full of energy. Awesome venue without a bad seat in the house.

I checked off a big bucket list item; "See a Beatle" live performance. :cool:

JKCanuck, BDC and Fullbug like this.
  25. live evil

live evil Senior Member

Last night. I went to see the opening night of Elton John's "All Hits" tour. It was an excellent show. The show started at 8:10 and he played for 2 solid hours not including a 15 minute encore. Not bad for a 68 year old. The show was just as billed - every song he played except for 2 is on the 2 cd greatest hits collection.

Fullbug and EddieT like this.