Late Night With David Letterman

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by cwitt1980, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antoniod

antoniod Forum Resident

In the early 80s, I had this big fantasy that I'd break into Boston comedy though the Open Mike Night, get famous, and get on Letterman. I DID make the Comedy Club rounds a few years later, but needless to say I never got on Letterman(or past Open Mike, for that matter!).

2. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

The first time I saw Stupid Human tricks.....a kid spinning a basketball on the end of a toothbrush.....when they replayed it in slow motion I was on the floor laughing.....it was funny back then. Even though some of the novelty has worn off, it was groundbreaking TV. (Acknowledging Steve Allen too).

I started watching when it first aired....I was nine....sorta unhealthy to be up that late.....but I had zero supervision (from mid 81 to mid 83).

3. AleYeah

AleYeah Forum Resident

Not quite as young for me, but I also had a steady dose of “what shoulda been way past my bedtime” Dave at NBC. Got the wacky sense of humor as an adult to show for it, too!

JediJones likes this.
  4. Taxee

Taxee Forum Resident

If you can find them Chris Elliott had 2 hilarious impressions, one of Marv Albert spoofing his Wild and Wacky highlights of sports, and he did Jay Leno in complete costume (hair chin and voice). The crowd and staff were already laughing before he even said anything.

JediJones, cwitt1980 and longdist01 like this.
  5. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Dave Garrett likes this.
  6. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

I still laugh out at this bit Chris did, not going to explain it... :winkgrin:

:yikes:

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

That's a pretty awesome impersonation, but that makeup job will haunt my nightmares! :eek:

longdist01 likes this.
  8. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

David's Taste test Comparison collection

MPLRecords, Larry Schmidt and Dan C like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.