Latest/recent DVD movies watched? Part 2

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mcow1, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Law Abiding Citizen on Blu-ray

A couple of good twists but the Gerard Butler character seemed inconsistent.
    If it was all about law and order for him why was he killing innnocent people?

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

to him they were all connected and had a part in freeing the man who murdered his wife and child...

a crudy movie...in real life he would have taken out Mr. Farr first.

3. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Mr Butler realy needs to rethink his Hollywood career. Has a decent actor ever been in so many awful pictures so early in his career? He's very likeable but can't pick a decent movie (his best so far was 300)

His The Bounty Hunter is just the latest silly movie.

4. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I watched two more episodes of Boston Legal, Micgel the Mexican and his fighting cock.... :thumbsup:

5. I really liked this movie.

6. Coldacre

Coldacre Well-Known Member

Watched the Sex & The City movie. Damn I can't wait for part 2 this year

7. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Rented "Up in the Air" this weekend. It was fine, but didn't knock me out or anything.

8. JMT

JMT Senior Member

Watched "Amelia" on Friday. It was alright, but the movie never really made you care about her. Consequently the end wasn't all that emotional.

9. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Che Part 1

Slow to start but once I got used to watching subtitles it was easier to follow.
    About half way through I started to get into the story.

Plan to watch Che Part 1 today.

10. Rachael Bee

March madness and April championships inspired me to watch my BD of Hooisers.

11. Rachael Bee

I really liked the movie. It debunked my myths about her. I was always under the impression that she was some sort of ace pilot till I saw the film.

12. Luis Bunel's The Exterminating Angel. Odd but entertaining satire on the upper classes and their foibles.

13. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Moon on Blu-ray. Very interesting and thought provoking film. I liked it a lot. I give it a B+.

14. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

Directed by Go Ohara
    Actress: Minami Tsukui

Worth the $5, I spent but...:angel:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      20.3 KB
      Views:
  15. TimM

TimM Senior Member

The Big Lebowski - Always enjoy this one

Easter Parade - Always enjoy this one

2012 - Didn't enjoy this one

16. Rachael Bee

I'd give it an A+ because of this consideration, it only cost 3.5 million dollar-eenies to make. How many films that cost ten or fifty times more have we all seen come down the pike that don't deserve to lick Moon's boots...?

17. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

The Bad Lieutenant : Port Of Call New Orleans

18. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

A+ is pretty high but I hear what you're saying about budgets. On second thought an A-.

19. Rachael Bee

Yeah that is a mite bit high....I'm going with A+-- ....:laugh:

20. BigAlsBro

BigAlsBro Active Member

"Snatch" I'll watch it again to tryin' pick-up & speak with that gypsy dialect !

21. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

I agree, he is a decent actor, and I didn't like Law Abiding Citizen much either. It was before his Hollywood days but IMHO his best movie thus far was not 300 but Dear Frankie, the 2004 Scottish film. He played an ordinary (or maybe not so ordinary guy) in that one. I'd recommend it.

Anyway, tonight it's the DVD of Little Children for me. Can't go too far wrong with Kate Winslet. And tomorrow night, another one from the library, The Notebook. I'm a little curious about that one.

22. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

precious

[​IMG]

23. Rachael Bee

I watched The Messenger on BD. The film's too long. It would of been much better with most if not all of the Dustin Hoffman dream sequences were edited out....Joan could of been, shorter! It's 25 minutes too much, IMO. Burn baby burn, well, quicker...I wish... :laugh: The last 30 minutes D-R-A-G .

24. Right now I am watching "BITCH SLAP" which is an amped up Tarrantino style flick.

Its so over the top with its slow motion, split screens and cleavage shots that so far its a pretty fun ride.

25. BigManAndy

BigManAndy Active Member

Breakfast Club

Yesterday at work we all got started quoting random parts from it so I just had to watch it when I got home that night. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.