Latest/recent DVD movies watched? (Part 8)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

Could be! He didn't have an Oscar performance in "Freejack" - no one did (well maybe David Johansen ;))

2. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I watched the new BD of Trek NG Best Of Both Worlds. It looked spectacular other than a 5 second scene in the first minute that was noisey and grainy.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Rocky Balboa...this may be my favorite of the franchise.

4. Michael

loved it! especially Christopher Walken playing Christopher Walken!:laugh:

John S likes this.
  5. Rachael Bee

I watched The Vampire Lovers on BD. I liked the way Ingrid Pitt bites the maidens. On LD I watched Song Of The South.

6. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

Just saw The Awful Truth for the first time. Pretty funny, and Irene Dunne was wonderful.

7. xdawg

"Deep Impact" - for want of a better choice of words, this is my "favorite" disaster movie. It is very moving and well acted, IMO. It's also loaded with a lot of once and future stars.

8. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Django Unchanged

The Mrs likes Quenton, I like a lot of his stuff, but this one just really sucked big time. Really, with his motive film shouldn't push much further than the standard 90 minutes and this went way way way past what was needed to tell the flimsy story. I'd like to say it's an hour and a half of my life I'd like back but really I'm owed more than that. Taking a lame flick and putting Leonardo de Hypocritio into the mix is just plain lame torture.

9. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

Sea Hunt season 2

1.jpg

10. Michael

Apollo 13.

11. Michael

the bonus features on The Apollo 13 DVD set.

12. Michael

13. Michael

seems like this is a personal assessment?...what did Leonardo due to piss you off?

14. Rambler

Rambler Active Member

A Double Life (1947) - underrated noir, you could basically call "Black Swan" a remake of this movie...

15. Rachael Bee

I watched the first 5 episodes, disc 1, of Trek NG, season 3. It looked good and gave a very good accounting of Wesley Crusher's acne.

16. Michael

Flakes...

17. TimM

TimM Senior Member

Jack Reacher - I read this series of books so it is hard to see Cruise in this roll, but it wasn't as bad as I expected.

18. Michael

why would you expect it to be bad?

19. xdawg

"30 Days Of Night: Dark Days" - Not a bad sequal. I had no idea it even existed until I saw it in the Goodwill DVD bin today.

20. Rambler

Rambler Active Member

Silverado (1985) - enjoyed it, even though the cliché-fest in the second half almost ruined it for me (I guess this is supposed to be a homage, but still)
    Running Out of Time (1999) - intense HK action-thriller
    The Go-Between (1970) - good period drama

21. Michael

I Want To Hold Your Hand.

22. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

A Letter to Three Wives, for the second time. Still a strange movie and not altogether successful for me.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  23. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

It is an interesting experiment however, I've watched it several times over the years and always enjoyed it. Jeanne Crain is fantastic in it.

dustybooks likes this.
  24. Rachael Bee

In the last couple of day I finished disc 2 of Trek NG, season 3. I took in The Great Escape on BD last evening. It didn't look anywhere near as bad as Fox's famous flops. However, the colour is very faded looking. The DNR is a bit heavy in several dark or noisey scenes along the way. What grain you see is scrambled grain. It's so DNR'ed that is has that fake grain look. I suspect it looks some better than seeing the flick on TCM or similar venue....? The sound graded higher than the video for me. No complaints there. I tried one extra and was disgusted that it was stretched tall in my TV's standard, 16 x 9 mode. I didn't bother changing modes. I'd escaped enough by then.

25. Michael

Animals Are Beautiful People...with a friend who did not see this.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.