Latest/recent UHD/Blu-ray/DVD movies watched?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. I’ve been waiting for a 4K for the Boxed set. How’s it look?

2. Graham

Graham Forum Resident

Blade Runner? It looks incredible, which is especially gratifying for such a visual film.

3. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

"Ladies & Gentlemen-The Rolling Stones"

4. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

Hobbs & Shaw. two hours of leave your brain at the door action movie.
    The reason for multiple subwoofers in the home theater

[​IMG]

5. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Shaft (2019)…. on UHD BD....terrific disc, great PQ, Atmos audio and it's very funny. :thumbsup: I also watched the first 4 episodes of The Orville, season 1, from the DVD set. Very, very funny!!!

6. vinyl_puppy

vinyl_puppy Forum Resident

Annihilation 4K

7. Rachael Bee

I watched 5 more episodes of The Orville last night. I'll probably watch the last 3 episodes of season 1 tonight.

8. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Star Trek Catspaw 1967 1080p

[​IMG]

Al Kuenster likes this.
  9. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I finally got around to watching some of the Johnny Quest episodes on Blu. Yeah, these were made over 50 years ago but it's still jolting to hear some of the unPC dialogue that got censored on the DVD edition, especially in light of what happened to Roseanne for using the same kind of words to describe people of color. Shame on you Race Bannon!

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  10. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

So, the DVD release of "Johnny Quest" has the episodes censored, but the Blu-Rays aren't censored? That was stupid of them...

un-PC or not, that's bogus to censor them-I think all TV shows on DVD/Blu-Ray should be released as originally aired... And if they are supposedly un-PC, if they're that worried about it, they can put a disclaimer on them like they did for "Looney Tunes".

11. Graham

Graham Forum Resident

Ludwig BR
    Mad Max Fury Road BR (hated the film)

12. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Forum Resident

I'm disappointed the Orville is not out on BR.

Rachael Bee likes this.
  13. Rachael Bee

I gave up on waiting for BD's to be released. The DVD's do look about as good as is possible for the format. I finished up season 1 last night and watched the first 2 episodes of season 2.

14. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

If it didn’t originally come out at the same time the DVD did, it won’t be released.

Michael likes this.
  15. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I agree with your sentiments. I guess it's like Disney not wanting to release Song Of The South to home video. Maybe the fact that these are cartoons and they don't want to put ideas into kids heads has something to do with it. They put a disclaimer on the old Popeye cartoons IIRC.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  16. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Forum Resident

No doubt about the BR, maybe when I get setup for streaming I will watch it as it should look good. I have watched season I & II when it was broadcast on Fox.

17. xdawg

xdawg Skating away...........

"Battlestar Galactica" 1970s original TV movie

Kiko1974 likes this.
  18. Kiko1974

Kiko1974 Forum Resident

I received my US copy of Gemini Man UHD BD. I watched it this afternoon on my mid range 49" (that I watch at around 1.20/1.40 meters of distance) Samsung 4K HDR set. Movie is entertaining but picture quality is absolute demo material, the best 4K HDR picture I've ever seen.
    I know that many people dislike HFR/60 fps but this looks absolutely outstanding not only because of the increase framte rate, the smoother motion and greatly reduced judder, I think such an stable picture let you see more detailed out of picture. Instead of the fuzzy looking picture that judder makes, with 60 fps you see a crystal clear picture with a sense of increased detail.
    I don't understand why some people do not like HFR, I personally love it.

19. Kiko1974

Kiko1974 Forum Resident

It wasn't a TV movie, I watched this theatrically when I was a kid, at least in Spain it was shown on cinemas.

20. Rachael Bee

It was in the cinema here en Estados Unidos, also. That was in either '78 or '79. I went.

21. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

It was released in the U.S. theatrically as well with sensurround.

22. Kiko1974

Kiko1974 Forum Resident

I think it was early 79 in Spain. Of course it didn't have Sensurround here,just plain mono with no low frequencies effects.
    I own both US edition and also the full series on BD. I like the pseudo 5.1 channel mix on the TV series but also the deep bass on the Movie on BD. What I don't know is why the did a 5.1 track for the movie with only the center and LFE channels with actual information, the rest of the channels are silent. Is it that hard to do a 1.1 or a 2.1 audio track?

23. Rachael Bee

They came up with the first .1 (sub channel) for I think, Midway or Earthquake...??? It started a trend to better sound. It was called Sense-Surround. It was a noticeable innovation even for tourists... ;)

Kiko1974 likes this.
  24. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Sensurround in the UK as well. I went to see it!

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Hellfire