Latest/recent UHD/Blu-ray/DVD movies watched?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Staxus

Staxus Senior Member

Last night was
    [​IMG]

PhantomStranger likes this.
  2. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Another Peter Sellers vintage classic. Two Way Stretch. Not nearly as good as I'm Alright Jack :(

3. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I watched a double feature on BD this afternoon. Beau Geste (1939) looked stellar other than a few film scratches in the first 15 minutes. Talk Radio is the most irritating movie that I can remember seeing. It should be used as a torture device. I can't believe I watched the whole thing. It was hard! Oliver Stone made this mess in his younger days.

4. Rachael Bee

I watched the first 5 episodes of season 3 of Boston Legal last night on DVD.

5. John Lloyd

John Lloyd Forum Resident

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

6. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

Stone. Near the end the movie is just a bit confusing since scenes are out of order but Robert DeNiro does a really good acting job. And Milla Jovovich shows 'em (the only part of her I recognized... they did a thorough make-up job on her face so she looks like someone else).

Michael likes this.
  7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

and evil movie...yea, Bobby played the usual...

8. Michael

my wife and I loved this show! we still miss it. : )

9. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Forum Resident

10. Kaskade10729

11. Rachael Bee

I've been meaning to get these DVD sets out for the past year. Now that there's not many new shows about....it was time to bring it back. I don't latch on to many TV shows but this one cranked my tractor. You should quit missing it!

12. Michael

yea, we should..." )

13. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Forum Resident

"7 Days in Entebbe" - Jose Padilha's version of the Israeli Raid on Entebbe Airport to free hijacked passengers. I guess the distinction between this and other movies of the incident (which i haven't seen) is its focused on internal politics of Yitzak Rabin and Shimon Peres, and the terrorists themselves, which somewhat 'humanizes' them, though are still rather blockheaded dullards who seem to be trying to fill a void in their life by commitment to terrorist ideals. Which of course they justify with lots of intellectualized malarkey. still the narrative is rather streamlined, Padilha composeses with wide angle lenses better than anyone since Frankenheimer and has a restrained but urgent style. The final raid is fleeting, almost an afterthought and matter of fact, and for all I know perhaps more realistic about how it occured. so, not so much an 'exciting' action movie, but a thoughtful that challenges viewers a bit

14. Kaskade10729

15. Kaskade10729

16. Kaskade10729

17. hyntsonsvmse

hyntsonsvmse Johnny Guitar

Does this count as a movie
    Im watching Clapton and winwood live at MSG bluray
    It's the first time I've watched a bluray gig with audio going thromy new dac
    This is one of the finest bluray gigs I've seen.
    PQ is stunning. SQ is stunning
    Performance is even better
    I was fortunate to see them at Wembley arena and they were out of this world

Rachael Bee and Staxus like this.
  18. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

I watched these two over the past few nights. 'Saboteur' is along the lines of Hitch's '39 Steps' and 'North By Northwest,' but not quite as memorable. Still a great ride, and it features an incredible climactic scene atop the Statue of Liberty.

'Tobor the Great' is a sci-fi B feature from 1954 that is rather light on plot, but wholly enjoyable, and I loved Tobor the robot. I would have been right at home as a kid in the 50s spending my afternoons at the local movie house watching sci-fi and Western double features. Excellent presentation from Kino Lorber on this one; better treatment than a movie of its caliber probably deserves, honestly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Rachael Bee

Last night I watched 6 episodes of season 3 of Boston Legal on DVD. This morning I watched Before The Devil Knows You're Dead on BD. It's a good movie but it's all a bit depressing.

20. hyntsonsvmse

Saboteur is super. I watched it the other night. Great choice

21. hyntsonsvmse

Tonight I start with the heroes of telemark.a fine ww2 yarn with kirk in an unusual role for him.
    It's got a stellar cast into the bargain

22. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

My Man Godfrey. A screwball classic that is growing on me.

Bubbamike and Al Kuenster like this.
  23. Kaskade10729

24. Rachael Bee

I watched a double feature last night on BD. Bucket List was pleasant enough. My brother wanted to see 10,000 B.C. What a terrible movie. Although, I sort of get a kick out of the giant Terror Birds segment. That's the only thing I like about it. My brother fell asleep and hardly saw more than the first 20 minutes. If he puts it on again, I will not be in the room.

Al Kuenster likes this.
  25. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius