Latest/recent UHD/Blu-ray/DVD movies watched?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Forum Resident

2. Rewatched one of my favorites after the first three episodes of season two of Doom Patrol-The Prestige 4k.

3. windfall

windfall Forum Resident

Watched the original Snowpiercer movie last night. Brutal but enthralling, with an interesting and overt political angle. I watched the first episode of the Netflix version a couple of weeks ago and don't feel the need to return having watched the film, which seemed so much better.

4. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Forum Resident

Blade BR, had not watched this since the late 90's on DTS LD.

5. Kaskade10729

6. detroit muscle

detroit muscle Senior Member

Not a movie, but this arrived this afternoon
    [​IMG]

7. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I have one of his collections on Laserdisc. I should play it....or buy a new one!

8. Rachael Bee

Every man every where wants to be him, every woman wants him for her own, and every dentist wishes he was their client..... I watched Austin Powers International Man Of Mystery and The Spy Who Shagged Me on BD this very afternoon, and now I can't behave! ;) Goldmember is calling me....

9. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Forum Resident

Great move - too bad the sequel got derailed.

10. Kaskade10729

I was saying the exact same thing to my wife as we watched it last night...

Was really looking forward to the sequel, especially since Pitt owns the rights to the franchise. The book was pretty compelling, too (written by Mel Brooks' son) but takes a different direction than they decided to go with for the film.

11. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

Laughter and Paradise (1951) - I think anything with Alastair Sim is well worth watching. On BD from:
    [​IMG]

12. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Wonder Wheel.(2017)

A bit disappointed, started of well.

13. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Forum Resident

14. Rachael Bee

I watched Austin Powers' Goldmember on BD. I don't like it as much as the first two flicks.

15. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not MY choice, my wife's...

Personally, I can't stand the film and never understood the hoopla over it. ​

16. Kaskade10729

17. Kaskade10729

18. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Forum Resident

Elite Squad - the first of Brazilian Director Jose Padihla's exploration of being a cop in the Rio slums. Produced in 2007, remarkably timely

19. Is this any better than the theatrical version?

20. Blade Runner the 4KDirector’s cut

21. Well this looks nasty.

22. Kaskade10729

You know something? I saw the film in theaters and I don't recall many differences between the so-called extended cut and the theatrical cut...

23. Kaskade10729

This is actually one of the most finely made horror-comedy fusions ever to grace the screen, right up there with the original Return of the Living Dead. It's insane how funny yet gross the film is; was produced by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon for their Project Greenlight effort that I don't think went anywhere. The real star of the show is Balthazar Getty -- yes, of Getty gasoline company fame -- who plays a pool hustler and ladies man that stumbles into this bar that gets ravaged by fierce, hungry, self-reproducing creatures. It's great fun.

The film was made by John Gulager, son of Clu Gulager, the star in the aforementioned Return of the Living Dead; it also stars Clu as a bartender.

They made a few sequels, which I didn't see (just bits and pieces of them on HBO every now and then) but this truly stands on its own.

PhantomStranger and wayneklein like this.
  24. Agreed, Feast is a real hoot.

Kaskade10729 likes this.
  25. Rachael Bee

I watched Jerry McGwire on UHD-BD. It looked good. You'd never know it had Atmos audio unless you looked at the readout on the processor. It's my least favorite film in the Columbia Classics set.