Latest/recent UHD/Blu-ray/DVD movies watched?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

that was excellent!

2. Michael

excellent movie! first saw this on HBO years ago...own the BD.

3. Michael

it was one of the most ridiculous, political, biased, endings ever!
    comparing her to HITLER???!!!!...WTF? she had to be.... are you kidding me?

4. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Forum Resident

Indeed; an excellent ghost story...well-crafted and good performances from Clarke and Mirren. Looking forward to watching it throughout the Halloween season this October.

5. Kaskade10729

6. Michael

: )

7. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Forum Resident

Star Trek:TMP (Director's Cut DVD)

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  8. Kaskade10729

Is this from the Motion Pictures box set? I have that one, and I'll never get rid of it...

[​IMG]

Al Kuenster likes this.
  9. Kaskade10729

10. vinyl_puppy

vinyl_puppy Der Weaselschnitzel

Alita Battle Angel in 4K

11. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

FINALLY watched ... colossus: the forbin project

12. Al Kuenster

I have all those as well.

13. Al Kuenster

Gone Girl BR

14. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I finished up season 2 of Young Sheldon on BD yesterday afternoon. Last evening I watched Spartacus on UHD-BD. It looked magnificent. :thumbsup:

15. Kaskade10729

Indeed; but is that where your Motion Picture Director's Cut came from?

Michael likes this.
  16. Kaskade10729

17. Kaskade10729

18. Kaskade10729

19. mBen989

mBen989 Forum Resident

Pink Floyd - The Wall (25th Anniversary DVD)

[​IMG]

R.I.P. Alan Parker.

20. I have a soft spot for the unending Amityville sequels. I love Amityville: It's About Time.

Kaskade10729 likes this.
  21. Michael

and we will probably NEVER see this on Bluray!

Kaskade10729 likes this.
  22. Kaskade10729

Very interesting, Phantom; you gotta be one of the few, LOL. I am an absolute Amityville FREAK, being that I grew up not a half hour from the real house in Long Island, New York. I have been fascinated with the real case -- and that house -- from as far back as I remember (the house that was used in the films, up till Amityville 3-D, was a home in Tom's River, New Jersey; the interior sequences of these films were shot in a studio in Mexico). I even did a thesis on the Ronald DeFeo case for a pre-law class I took at New York's Hofstra University.

I can write a book -- and take up way too much bandwidth on this forum -- about the actual history of that property at 112 Ocean Avenue, as well as everything about the people involved in all the occurrences -- and don't even get me started about the 2005 remake of The Amityville Horror with Ryan Reynolds...that was a complete JOKE of a narrative and had so many inconsistencies and untruths about the real Lutz family, I wouldn't even know where to begin. Absolute abomination of the truth.

As it stands, I own MGM's four-disc DVD box set they put out before the Amityville Horror remake hit theaters, which included the original trilogy films -- Amityville Horror, Amityville II: The Possession (my personal favorite) and Amityville 3-D -- and, to be honest, the transfers look really, really nice, especially the first film, which got a high-definition remaster. They even threw in a bonus disc, Amityville Confidential, which contains two History Channel documentaries about the DeFeo murders and the Lutz haunting (an absolute must-watch, even if much of it is a crock -- especially the stuff that the Warrens claimed in those documentaries). As a hardcore Amityville nut, would you believe I don't own the Scream Factory box set of the three films they put out on Blu-ray? For whatever reason, I just couldn't part with my MGM DVD set, which I just adore:
    [​IMG]

As for the sequels that followed 3-D, I saw them all -- including the last one with the sexy Bella Thorne, which was in production hell for years -- and they held some soft spot memories for me, but not enough for me to pick up that Blu-ray box set Vinegar Syndrome put out with all of them. I liked the one you are a fan of, It's About Time, and what I remember most about that one was when the teenage sister morphs into a super-sexy seductress....she looked YUMMY to say the least.

The premise of A New Generation was ridiculous (that the artist gets a mirror from a homeless guy who is supposedly Ronald DeFeo and the artist's father), and the less we say about Dollhouse and Curse, the better. But there is some charm surrounding them...

Good to speak to another Amityville fan!

Here's what Vinegar Syndrome's set looks like (they call it the "Cursed Collection"):

[​IMG]

23. Kaskade10729

Indeed, Mike; really a shame -- and SHAM -- what Paramount pulled with the Blu-ray releases of these for fans...the way they were originally leaked in groups (the original cast, the Next Generation cast) and the way that most of them never even got proper restorations and transfers for high definition.

My wife, who wasn't my wife at the time, bought me that 10-disc DVD collection as a gift and remains a real treasure in my library; so nice to have all the films that really matter in the franchise (up until Nemesis) in one box.

Michael likes this.
  24. Kaskade10729

25. Al Kuenster

I don't have the box set but I have all the two disc ones which are the same I just bought them individually.