Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Latest/recent UHD/Blu-ray/DVD movies watched?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I watched a bona fide Dumb-Butt Film Klassic last night on BD, D.C. Cab. Everything about it is dumb as stepping in dog poop. However, it has Mister T , Max Gail, Gary Busey, and Bill Maher in it and the film is full of music that's better than the film itself. Most of the scenes get chaotic and the actors look really stoned and then Mister T yells and everybody listens. If you wanna see a completely lewd, bawdy, very politically incorrect, stupid movie, this is the one for you.

2. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Forum Resident

I usually eat popcorn while watching films, and this film is long so I eat lots of popcorn.:)

Michael likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

gotcha. : )

4. Al Kuenster

Last night I watched Thunderball BR, rewatching all of Sean Connery Bond films in no particular order.

jhm and G E like this.
  5. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

The Blue Dahlia

G E and Al Kuenster like this.
  6. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Forum Resident

7. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Forum Resident

' Two Weeks in Another Town", Vincente Minnelli's sort-of sequel to "Bad and The Beautiful". I think this is not only the rare sequel that far exceeds its predecessor, but may be Minnelli's best. Much to enjoy here: Kirk Douglas' acting as an actor recovering from a breakdown, and with paper thin defenses as he re-enters the lion's den of big production being filmed in Rome. Minnelli's incredible control of color, not just within the frame but within the mise en scene. It's gorgeous, but not empty headed - the colors do reinforce the characters. The almost immersive and vital sense of what it must have been like to be set loose carousing on warm Roman summer nights in the early 60's. Daliah Lavi and Cyd Charrise trying to out beautify each other.... Sorry Fellini, this is the real Dolce Vita.

[​IMG]

Al Kuenster likes this.
  8. Al Kuenster

9. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

"Chuck Berry-Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll"

10. E888boo

E888boo Active Member

Not high art by any means by the Scream Factory Friday The 13th Deluxe Box is something else, like the Halloween box that preceded it the attention to detail is astonishing and the care shown to the presentations is second to none, good dumb popcorn fun, perfect to forget the 'real' horrors going on in the world...

11. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I watched Parasite on UHD-BD last night. I thought that it was really clever and funny until the ending. I hated the ending! I've only seen a few Korean movies. I thought this one was brilliant till it exploded at the ending.

12. Al Kuenster

A Clear and Present Danger BR

Kaskade10729 likes this.
  13. Kaskade10729

This was a great Clancy adaptation; I have it on DVD and the transfer still holds up. How does the BR look?

14. Kaskade10729

15. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whoops...not technically a "film," but is there a separate thread here for last TV show/episode watched?

Never mind -- found it...​

jhm likes this.
  16. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Forum Resident

[​IMG]

East Side, West Side
    Watched it again. Great film.

[​IMG]

Freaks
    Takes a while to unravel but it's well worth it. I've never seen anything quite like it.

17. Kaskade10729

Edit; wrong thread​

18. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Absolutely Fabulous - the Movie.

I needed a good laugh!

19. Al Kuenster

Never had the DVD only LD, BR looks and sounds good. Audio is Dolby True HD. I have the fourth film with Affleck on DVD and it holds up well.

20. Kaskade10729

Yeah...The Sum of All Fears....gotta get that one too.

21. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yes, the ending was surreal...

22. Al Kuenster

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers BR 4K UHD

23. Kaskade10729

24. Kaskade10729

25. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Another 80s action classic. I wonder how many people realize that the director was Paul Michael Glazer; "Starsky" of Starsky and Hutch fame.

Al Kuenster and Rachael Bee like this.