Latest Target In-Store Vinyl Markdowns

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by The Q2 Continuum, Dec 31, 2022.

1. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

Picked up Sam Cooke for $10.49. Checked a bunch of others with the in store scanner and nothing else was on clearance. Of course our target is a small one and only had maybe 30 records on display. I did an in depth search online and finally came up with a number of 2 in stock. Sure enough there were two on the shelf. I did check the only Beatles record which was Revolver box set but it was not marked down.

2. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

For Bennett/Gaga, is this the studio album or the live version released for RSD BF? If so, what was the pricing? I'm not in the market for this title, but have noticed between BF and this past weekend the pricing on unsold titles has sunk like my 401(k).

jim249 likes this.
  3. karloffsidekick

karloffsidekick Forum Resident

The Bennett/GG (Target exclusive cover) were like eight bucks...but there's like sixty of 'em on eBay starting at $9.99...these are definitely in Adele30 territory....

Tjazz likes this.
  4. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Found these on clearance this morning:

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me
    Journey - Live in Houston 81
    Florence and the Machine - Dance Fever
    Motown #1's
    Arcade Fire - WE
    Beach Boys - Sounds of Summer
    Maggie Rogers - Surrender
    RHCP - Return of the Dream Canteen

5. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

If you picked up Sam Cooke, it desperately needs washing before playing. I could feel a film when using my dust cloth. It also had quite a few clicks while playing prior to cleaning. Add in more static than I have ever seen on a record. It sounds great now!

JasonA likes this.
  6. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Surprised to see McCartney’s Ram and Band on the Run. One copy of each. $17 and $20, respectively.

hutlock likes this.
  7. ENelson409

ENelson409 Forum Resident

I went to a couple of Targets last week. I found additional titles at one that I found clearance records at two weeks ago. At another one, which I haven't checked in months, I found many of the titles listed above on a clearance endcap plus Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers greatest hits, the Fugees first, and "Combat Rock" by the Clash.

8. ngower

ngower Forum Resident

No endcap at my store, which had some clearance stuff mixed in with the rest last week. Seemed like everything was back to normal prices, which was odd. Weirdly, the Jack White album (which I know was heavily marked down) rang up as "Price Unavailable" on the price scanner.

9. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

Went to a different Target during lunch and found a few. They had a ton of Marvin Gaye What's Going On, Ed Sheeran and some others that must have been hiding in the back. Found The Animals there for half price and grabbed it.

Went back to another on the way back and they had a few things on a different shelf that I had missed last time.

Neil Diamond All Time Greatest 13.99

Creedence Chronicle (Blue vinyl) 13.99. Newer copper color was full price.

Blink 182 Greatest 11.49

A few others like Ghost, Almost Famous soundtrack. Animals, RHCP scanned full price.

10. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Good move! $10.49 is a fantastic price for a 2-LP version of the best Cooke compilation ever released. And this blue-vinyl Target exclusive sounds amazing.

MikeInFla and JasonA like this.
  11. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

My local WalMart must have a hundred copies of Adele’s latest. They’re just strewn across a shelf near the floor, with a few additional copies wedged into those impossibly shallow display shelves that make browsing impossible.

12. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

My two Targets have never even carried the vast majority of titles that are coming up here, let alone at these prices. I'm jealous.

Motorcity supernaut and peeklay like this.
  13. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Just went to one I bought some clearance stuff from just before Christmas and they’ve got a whole slew of stuff I know wasn’t there before. So I think they’re distributing all this clearance stuff anew rather than mark down previously existing stock.

hutlock and Clark V Kauffman like this.
  14. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Also, I picked up the Norah Jones album and it really sounds wonderful. Understand it’s AAA. Highly recommended for $12.50.

hutlock likes this.
  15. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Managed to grab Sam Cooke for $10.49 yesterday afternoon. It was the only copy they had. Maybe 30 records total and not much to choose from but this has been going on for several days.

jim249 and JasonA like this.
  16. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

I spent more time at the Target scanner than a man of my distinction is expected to do.

In any event, my local store carries a fair variety of vinyl titles, but clearly they've been picked through. Pretty much none of the titles mentioned above were in stock.

The only new titles I saw discounted were Yungblud's latest for $10.49 and Imagine Dragons 'Night Vision' 2LP for $24.49, listed as 'clearance' on the price screen.

(If you haven't heard Yunglud, he's not a black rapper, he's a white rocker, kinda fun! Video here:

mur likes this.
  17. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Yeh i was out running errands last night & hit 2 local target , Both had lps marked for sale prices on the end cap ........ all stuff that is mentioned in this thread , one store had some stuff marked but also in the regular lp section.

I grabbed the $6 Jack white & the latest Ghost at $11 ........... :righton:

18. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

I found two, with "Price Unavailable," was told to see the guest services. Asked them and they said the LPs are not in the system and they can't sell them. ??

19. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Target's website sez: "This item isn't sold in stores."

Jack White - Entering Heaven Alive : Target

It is ONLY available ONLINE for $21.99. Guess you could have forced them to sell it to you at THAT price.

20. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Finally, at my 6th Dallas area store, I found some on clearance. Took 6 to the in store scanner (my Target app scanner gives the website price, no help there). All 6 have been reported to be on clearance (and some have also said that at their store, they weren't). Sam Cooke scanned $10.49, the White Stripes Greatest hits said price unavailable. The rest scanned full price. Went to self checkout, the White Stripes one didn't scan and a Target employee came over. I told him it was on clearance and half off. He scanned the Cooke, came up $10.49, so he gave me half off $10.49 for the White Stripes. I did not complain, lol. Out the door with the addn'l 5% off for using the Target card, $16.19 for 2 double albums I've been wanting.

Shawn, supermd, hutlock and 3 others like this.
  21. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

So the moral to this story is to check pricing on the in store scanner before heading to the check out line.

MikeInFla, hutlock and DLD like this.
  22. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

That’s IF you can find the scanners working properly in the stores. Sometimes you have to flag down an employee
    that can scan them for you.

23. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Yeah, my store has a bunch of scanners that are offline, and only a couple in the whole store work.

Motorcity supernaut likes this.
  24. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

For the 100th time, I need to stop but I had a meeting a little out of the way on Thursday and decided to hit a couple Targets up there. Ended up with Police Greatest Hits for $22.49 and Lana Del Rey Blue Bannisters for $19.99. Also finally found Dream Canteen marked down.

What I'm not sure about with this clearance is that some of these titles are obviously desirable, others not so much, but that there are numerous copies of some of them. Did they get lost in the back? Did corporate ship them out and say get rid of them? I walk through the music section every time I go to buy toilet paper, cat food, etc. and never see some of these during "regular" times.

25. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

I think they had to have been shipped out. Some still had rubber bands around 2-3 copies of the same album in my store. And, likewise, many copies of albums not usually seen in my location.