Latest Target In-Store Vinyl Markdowns

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by The Q2 Continuum, Dec 31, 2022.

1. theycallmemitch

theycallmemitch Forum Resident

Another week, another bunch found:

Beatles - Revolver set with the tshirt - 24.49
    Carrie Underwood - Denim & Rhinestones - 13.49
    Ella Mai - Heart on My Sleeve - 19.99
    Eric Clapton - The Lady in the Balcony: Lockdown Sessions - 42.49 at one place, 24.99 at another
    Fugees - The Score - dropped to 50% - 12.49
    Go Go's - Greatest Hits - 10.99
    Jack Johnson - Meet the Moonlight - 13.49
    Janet Jackson - Number Ones - 14.99
    Juanes - Un Dia Normal (20th Anniversary) - 19.99
    Lizzo - Special - 11.49
    Maren Morris - Humble Quest - 11.99
    Mary J Blige - Good Morning Gorgeous - 17.49
    My Morning Jacket - Self Titled - 13.49
    Now That's What I Call Classic Rock - 21.24 at one place, 12.49 at another
    Olivia Newton-John - Greatest Hits 1971-1982 - 13.49
    Sam Cooke - Portrait of a Legend - 17.49
    Shania Twain - Queen of Me - 17.49
    Shawn Mendes - Wonder - 12.49
    True Power - I Prevail - 11.49
    Turning Red Soundtrack - 17.49

also the store that had the repackaged ones marked at 30% increased them to slightly above 50%. A couple that stood out were Kendrick Lamar's Mr. Morale and the Big Steppers for 24.01 and Ultimate Aaliyah for 22.05

mur likes this.
  2. jayceman

jayceman Forum Resident

Waiting on the following Monday or two ahead, when whatever is left of those half-off titles above,

get clearanced further down to 70% off-- Mondays is still the usual Electronics Dept day for the in-store markdown teams, so please post when someone sees some 70% off titles from this batch.

3. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Saw the Clapton Lockdown Sessions @ 24.99, and Marvin Gaye What's Going On (translucent green + poster) for $12.99 today.

Also saw a "repackaged" Very Best of Chicago 2 cd set for $3.12. I don't have any Chicago comps, and really never had a need for one, but this was a no brainer at that price.

4. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

That's a good price on Fugees. I should stop by today and see if I can snag one.

5. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Forum Resident

Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version) was $13.49. Black version I think, don't see the Target Exclusive sticker.
    Queen - Greatest Hits 2 (blue vinyl) was $17.49, but no clearance sticker and not in the clearance section.
    And these are already posted up top, but they were cheaper: Beatles - Revolver (w/ T-Shirt) for $14.69 and Carrie Underwood - Denim & Rhinestones (Purple) was $8.09

6. jayceman

jayceman Forum Resident

Most of what Mitch posted above went 70% off at my local Target this week (not the Fugees strangely)
    among what was still left:
    Lizzo, I Prevail- $6.89ea
    Janet Jackson Hits- $8.99
    Eddie Vedder- Earthling-$11.99
    Beatles Revolver w T-Shirt-$14.69
    more
    Clapton-Lockdown Sessions is down to $14.99 <moderator edit>

7. djej

djej Forum Resident

Picked up the Fugees and Janet LPs yesterday at the discounted prices mentioned above

Hoping at some point that Baduizm, Public Enemy (Millions), and Harry Styles (Fine Line) get discounted as well.

8. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Senior Member

If you purchased your LPs at 50% off within the past 14 days and still have your receipt: go to the customer service desk and request a price adjustment for the new clearance price (70% off).

This worked for me. Purchased Beatles Revolver s/t-shirt at $25 last week, but brought it back to customer service for the price adjustment (returned at 50% off; repurchased immediately for the 70% off, or $14 and change).

Maybe they might do it even if the album was purchased more than 14 days ago -- worth a shot.

hutlock likes this.
  9. theycallmemitch

Saw one this weekend at 50% off that hasn't been mentioned - Run the Jewels 3 - 17.49

The Elephant Man likes this.
  10. Shurdaddy

Shurdaddy Forum Resident

I picked up the Sam Cooke for $10 at my local Target yesterday.

theycallmemitch and MikeInFla like this.
  11. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Grabbed a couple of the GD American Beauty on lime for $14.69 locally.
    Surprised there were any left around.

theycallmemitch likes this.
  12. DolphinsIntheJacuzzi

DolphinsIntheJacuzzi Forum Resident

Went to a few Target stores today. Found some good stuff, although almost nothing is marked clearance, which means you have to hoist a stack of vinyl over to the scanner and scan them all individually (or in the one store that had no scanners, harass a poor employee to scan them).

Good news is that some of them rang up at less than I expected. Although interestingly, the Def Leppard rang up at normal price despite having the clearance price sticker on the cover. So, I had to wait for a manager override, much to the chagrin of the customers behind me.

At any rate, picked up the Janet Jackson, the Def Lep, the Chili Peps, the Ozzy, the Queen, the Go-Go's, and the Now That's What I Call Classic Rock comp. Overall pretty good haul for a pretty great price.

Davidmk5 and JasonA like this.
  13. DolphinsIntheJacuzzi

I just got back from another Target, and I found the My Morning Jacket album. It was $8.09 (instead of $13.49). So, it's clear that Target is into 70% territory. But what's interesting to me is that, at my locations, it varies by title. Some 50%, some 70%.

14. theycallmemitch

Found the Run the Jewels 3 album for 10.49.

15. BertDert

BertDert Zapple scruff

Aside from one mention earlier, has anyone seen the Bo Burnham box on clearance? Still regular price at my Targets.

16. djej

djej Forum Resident

Thank you for mentioning this. I had bought the week before at $17.49. Was at Target yesterday and they gave me a price adjustment for the difference now that it’s cheaper at $10.49. Just showed my digital receipt as I didn’t even have the Cooke set with me.

MikeInFla and Shurdaddy like this.
  17. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Yeah that Sam Cooke is great! Picked mine up a few months back for $10 and play is regularly

18. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

All your comments get me excited that I can snag some things on my list, but every time I’ve gone to my local Target, it isn’t doing these sales.

I’m torn whether I should go again.

19. theycallmemitch

If you've been scanning them at an in store scanner (when those work and lately a lot of them have been down in store for me), that sucks. If not, you might be pleasantly surprised at what they scan at as it's been hit or miss on the employees putting clearance stickers on them.

DolphinsIntheJacuzzi likes this.
  20. DolphinsIntheJacuzzi

This. I've bought several for as low as $6 and some change, and only a fraction of those had a clearance sticker. In fact, if it hadn't been for this thread, I never would have known about them.

MikeInFla likes this.
  21. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

I visited a new Target store. They only had about 25 titles, I tested most of them. Two were marked down:

Fall-Out Boy's latest for $7.79
    'Now That's What I Call Classic Rock' 2LP set - $7.79

MikeInFla likes this.
  22. BertDert

BertDert Zapple scruff

Stopped by a Target I rarely visit and found a lone unstickered Fugees that scanned for $7.49.

throwupmyhands likes this.
  23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

stopped by my local target and the entire vinyl aisle was completely barren. great use of space.

24. liquifury

liquifury Forum Resident

I found the same thing at my local Target. Not sure what's going on, but there was literally nothing.

GentleSenator likes this.
  25. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Ozzy Osbourne - Patient Number 9 (red) $10.49
    Taylor Swift : Midnights (jade green) $8.99