Latest Target In-Store Vinyl Markdowns

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by The Q2 Continuum, Dec 31, 2022.

1. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Has anyone had experience at Target with records that don't scan at all?

A couple of cheapies mentioned here before (Dave Matthews and Kelly Clarkson) did not generate a price when scanned. I think they should be cheap, but, I had no idea how to handle it. (And, frankly, I didn't really want eiter one, but I wanted to understand the process.)

Thanks!

mur likes this.
  2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, I took them up to customer service and they looked them up but then they handed them back and said they were full price. So I didn’t buy them.

3. The Q2 Continuum

The Q2 Continuum Forum Resident Thread Starter

Not unusual for scanners to not work properly. Not unusual for items to not scan. Not unusual for scanners to read 0 copies available in-store while you are holding that item in hand. Employee hand scanners may show stock available that the wall scanners do not.
    You can comfortably depend on unreliability and inconsistency when trying to scan items at Target.
    You cannot understand the process. The X files were unable to find a reason. The truth is out there, it’s just not for us to discover.

The Q2 Continuum

4. theycallmemitch

theycallmemitch Forum Resident

Yeah it seems they just use the online price when it doesn't scan. You can try to say, well I found this on the clearance end cap so will you take 70% off, but it's a major YMMV if they feel like doing that. Doesn't hurt to ask.

hutlock likes this.
  5. theycallmemitch

Also saw in my Target Circle this week, there's a spend $80, save $15 on Tech, Toys, Sporting Goods & Entertainment. Video Games, Music, Movies, and Books fall under the Entertainment umbrella. YMMV as it may be a targeted offer or you may have a different one. https://www.target.com/circle/o/target-circle/-/681825835

6. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

In my experience, there is no process. If a record that someone mentions they found to be on sale is actually in my Target (no guarantee of that, with such a limited inventory these days), I'll scan it to see if it shows the sale price. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

If it doesn't, there's likely no way you're going to get it for the sale price. The store workers tend to use the online price as the actual price.

hutlock likes this.
  7. tumbledweeb

tumbledweeb Forum Resident

I saw a copy of the target exclusive Weezer s Blue album out of the “blue” yesterday at my local target, wondering if there was a repress of the blue vinyl which got some complaints about ticks and pops. I already have it on black but tempted to take the plunge on this hoping for a better pressing. Anyone have?

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Beatles 1 was $44.99! WTH! I can not believe the prices I am seeing ON SALE.!!! who is taking advantage of who? I really feel sorry for the vinyl collectors...this is freaking me out.
    Rant over. : (

9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeah i just checked and it does appear to be targeted. bummer. thanks for sharing though.

10. mur

mur Hyperactive!

Same band 2 different experiences with the Foo Fighters.

About 3 years ago it happened to a record with no price at the sale end cap. I took the record to the scanner and it gave no information. As I was walking with it, I saw a girl working on pricing clothes. I asked her and she tried to scan it. No luck but she took it to the back room to do further research. She came back about 15 minutes later and handed if to me with a $3 price tag on it.

Recently also with a Foo Fighters record, I had the same dilemma where a number of members mentioned that the record was going for around $10. This time when the record was not not scanning, I took it to service desk, the woman looked it up and told me it was not for sale and wanted to take it away. I told her I wanted to buy the record so she told me after looking at a number of Foo Fighters records online that records were very expensive, she wanted to charge me $20. I told her about the form and showed her that people recently picked up the record for $10 at other targets. around the country. After about a 15 minute debate she finally gave me the record at that $10 price.

My recommendation is to talk to someone in the clothing department. LOL

keef00, liquifury, JasonA and 3 others like this.
  11. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Metallica's 72 Seasons (red & black marbled vinyl) - $18.99

Thought about waiting to see if it will go lower, but I suspect it would disappear before that happens, so I nabbed it.

12. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Once at Christmas time the Abbey Road 2019 remix LPs were $7.99.
    I grabbed one.

MikeInFla, DLD and Michael like this.
  13. Michael

nice!...good or you....I would not take it for free.
    ' )

fmfxray373 and The Elephant Man like this.
  14. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

What don't you like about the Abey Road remix?

Basically, it gave us centered vocals and no hard-panned intro on "Here Comes The Sun," which makes the remixed version of the album absolutely essential, just for that track alone. Also, we heard much more of Billy on "I Want You" in place of the white noise, and we got some nicely separated guitars for the dueling guitar solos at the conclusion of "The End."

From my perspective, those are all very positive changes from the original mix. With the big exception of "Here Comes The Sun," I'm not sure Abbey Road really needed a remix, but I do like the end result.

15. Michael

Hey Clark...I cannot stand any of George Martin's Sons work...I JUST don't like changes in my favorite music...I don't appreciate his choices and he does a terrible job...just my opinion...I'll stick with the original.; )

wino14 and Clark V Kauffman like this.
  16. fmfxray373

Actually it is one of my go to's...nicely rolled off.
    Beats any American pressing;).

quicksrt and Michael like this.
  17. fmfxray373

It is kind of smooth, like Johnny Walker Red...

Michael likes this.
  18. Michael

It's one of my not toose...

fmfxray373 likes this.
  19. Michael

too much red will make things out of wack seem in...: )

fmfxray373 likes this.
  20. marcb

marcb Senior Member

You kinda answered your own question. Some people think those are not positives - among other things.

quicksrt likes this.
  21. theycallmemitch

Saw these Saturday:
    Now That's What I Call Music! 90's Pop - 14.99 (50% off)
    RHCP - Return of the Dream Canteen - 26.59 (30% off)
    Disney Wish OST - 8.40 (70% off)
    TWICE - Ready to Be - 8.40 (70% off)

22. theycallmemitch

Saw a few more:

Alanis Morissette The Collection - 17.49 (50% off)
    Barbra Streisand - Evergreens - 26.59 (30% off)
    Charlie Brown Christmas (Green vinyl w/ gold splatter) - 12.49 (50% off)

Aggie87 likes this.