Laurie Strode returns in "Halloween" (October 19, 2018)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Halloween II is the perfect sequel to the first film, picking up exactly where the first one left off. But this film can be viewed as an alternate universe sequel. The title. What is with the title? Seriously, it seems to be a trend nowadays. They're not even trying anymore.

yesstiles likes this.
  2. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

The mask looks well done, I'll give this one a shot.

3. Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves Forum Resident

I think the title is ok I guess. I mean, two different "Halloween II"s that were both intended as direct sequels to the original would probably be a little confusing. Then again, the 2018 one, the original & the Zombie remake all have the same title. Idk, for many casual fans, it may all be confusing as to whats cannon & what isn't anyway

Encuentro likes this.
  4. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

It's interesting how they made JLC, who is already an older (but still extremely sexy) woman, look way older than she is for this. Laurie's seen some things.

5. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

mmars982 likes this.
  6. moops

moops Senior Member

Well, there's this which is a 10 blu-ray set which I would think should be everything you would want. I don't have it because I don't have an interest in all of them, but if you have the time the thread at Blu-ray.com has almost 29,000 posts :yikes: so there should be a definite decision as to it's worth after all that !!

I reckon it would be a safe bet, though it may be starting to become hard to find.

Halloween: The Complete Collection (1978-2009) - Blu-ray Forum

[​IMG]

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  7. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

8. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Nice to see Michael visiting his Grandma...

Jrr and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  9. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Silver Shamrock masks? I'll have to watch it again and look for them I did not see them. But my computer screen is pretty dark they could have been easy to miss. I love the first 3. Halloween 2 isn't all that bad. Maybe it's sentimental or something for me but I love that movie. I think I will enjoy this one as well as the ones in between were not good at all (part 4 thru whatever, I don't remember although I have seen them all).

10. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

At this point, I'm on the side of Michael Myers. That poor guy is reliving the same day over and over again in true Groundhog Day fashion: kill people; chase Laurie Strode; get shot; be institutionalised; escape; kill people; chase Laurie Strode; get shot; be institutionalised; escape; etc., etc.

Myers is the Bill Murray of the slasher genre.

11. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

James Rolfe explains the Halloween timelines! :)

12. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

The Trailer looks like this idea might be good to recreate a proper sequel after the Original Movie, but the Trailer seems to give away the entire movie. Still, I am stoked to see this movie, as Halloween ranks in my Top 10 Movies, although realized if you take away the film score, the scenes are not as scary, so shows how music can make a movie even better than it appears to be based just on the script.

I keep the Theme Music as one of my Ringtone Options to use during the last 3 weeks of October.

MikeInFla and Madness like this.
  13. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Was never a huge fan of this franchise, though the original is a classic of course. I didn’t much like the Rob Zombie movies. But I watched the trailer for this new one and it actually looks pretty good! Carpenter was involved in producing this at least, wasn’t he? Thought I caught his name in the credits.

14. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

Thanks -- I purchased the Blu Ray set this past weekend at Best Buy (of all places) for $40. They had about seven or eight sets in stock oddly enough.

15. moops

moops Senior Member

Hey, nice work ! Enjoy your evenings with Michael. :)

16. balzac

balzac Senior Member

The fact that so many "breakdowns" of the new Halloween trailer fail to note how many shots/motifs/scenes are ripped off from the previous movies tells me that a ton of self-professed "fans" of the franchise haven't seen many of the sequels. The mechanic bit is ripped from "Halloween 4", the woman in the bathroom stall is a *total* rip of a very similar scene from "Halloween: H2O", and of course many bits are callbacks to the original film.

I think the bathroom scene bit bothers me most; not so much for the scene itself, but because it makes me worry that there are going to be *too many* callbacks to previous Halloween films, and that they're also banking (most likely correctly) on the idea that people who are seeing this new film either haven't seen any of the original films, or maybe have seen the first. The fact that I haven't seen a single YouTube video "review" of the trailer call out that bathroom scene as a clear "H20" reference (whether they like it or not) tells me these people haven't seen all those sequels.

17. balzac

balzac Senior Member

If you're super into the series, they also released a larger 15-disc box at the same time as that 10-disc box. I think the unique discs are alternate cuts/versions of "Halloween", "Halloween II", "Halloween 6", the bonus disc from one of the Zombie films, and an extra bonus disc with new featurettes and docs on 4 and 5 and other stuff.

[​IMG]

18. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

This is tempting, but seems to run at around $300. Even the 10 disc version is nearly $80 on Amazon -- while I paid $40 at Best Buy. I wonder if the 10 disc version is going OOP?

19. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I believe the deal with both versions of the boxed set (10 and 15-disc) was that they were a limited edition item, because it required licensing from multiple rights holders, and the box was a joint venture between competitors Scream/Shout Factory and Anchor Bay.

If you're not super into bonus features, you can piece together all of the films on Blu-ray individually and probably for much cheaper. The big exclusive to the 15-disc set was the "Producer's Cut" of Halloween 6, and that one was subsequently released on its own by Lionsgate. You can get that alternate cut on BD for $7.88 on Amazon.

It looks like the 10-disc boxed set was/is $40 recently at Best Buy; that's a pretty epic steal. It looks like you can get the 15-disc set on eBay for well under $300, with a few boxes going for as low as $100-$150 in recent months.

MikaelaArsenault and mikeja75 like this.
  20. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Just a Heads Up for those who were interested in the Halloween Box Set, I just Listed in the Classifieds Miscellaneous Section here, a New/Sealed Universal Monster Legacy Collection Box Set that includes 3 Hand Carved/Hand Painted Busts for Dracula, Frankenstein & The Wolf Man. A Real Nice Collectors Item if interested in those Horror Films.

21. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

New trailer! Now it looks even MORE interesting!
    :laugh:

22. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

I personally don't care about all of the other movies/timelines/storylines/etc. I'm just going to enjoy this as a stand-alone movie. And I actually really liked Rob Zombie's reboot...the first one, not the second one.

Ghostworld likes this.
  23. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Gosh, people act like bringing back a character from a cappy 40-year old film is like rewriting Columbus in the history books.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  24. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

I think Halloween 4 is massively underrated

Kossoff is God and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Or they may just be discussing art and hobbies in a place dedicated to exactly that...

MikeInFla likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.