Law and Order - Season 21

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Says the guy who just posted about enjoying the Beach Boys.

2. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Thank God he doesn't like Mozart.

Matthew Tate and Strat-Mangler like this.
  3. Prince John

Prince John Forum Resident

I listen to older music and current music. Now if I only listened to older music then you can say I’m stuck in the past.

4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

You're therefore contradicting yourself since the member you replied to would only be stuck in the 90s only if he'd be watching shows and episodes done in that decade.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  5. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

April 7th - Episode 5 "Free Speech"

Well-executed. :righton: I thought there was a large improvement with them finding their footing with this episode. Enjoyed it! :)

rockclassics, tonyc and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Agree. The two pairings seemed in sync this episode. And it was nice they brought back Dylan Baker.

I'm a little worried about Sam Waterston. He seems to have trouble just speaking. I'm not confident he will be part of the show for long.

And the preview for next week looks dreadful: Camryn Manheim on a mission.

7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

He's sounded this way on Grace And Frankie for the last several years. He's 81 years old.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    Matthew Tate and majorlance like this.
  8. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Slightly better than previous episodes, but still weak writing. Subject matter is low hanging fruit, a Liberal bent where Anderson gets to be self-righteous, and the ADA is two dimensional at best.

But at least they now have a Binding Precedent for January 6th.

9. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member Thread Starter

I agree. The acting was much better and the dialog seemed to really flow and was much smoother. Everyone seemed more relaxed and not as stiff as in prior episodes. I now have more hope for future episodes in this area.

The story itself was ok….nothing great….IMO.

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  10. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

So...this is my understanding - I no sooner get rid of Dylan McDermott on
    `Organized Crime' than he is set to debut on `FBI : Most Wanted' this week
    as the new boss! Good Lord.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. rockclassics

You are correct sir.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. Fastnbulbous

Fastnbulbous Doubleplus Ungood

Finally catching up with this one over the weekend. My main question is "why?" The original series was already uneven by the end, they'd run out of things for Sam Waterston to do, and now the thing is back with even more uneven plots and a cast that doesn't really work. Besides, as was the case with later original-run seasons, the victims here are prominent figures and as such would've been assigned to the Major Case Squad, no?

I know reboots are hot nowadays, and this one had a built-in fan base. But NBC probably greenlit it without giving much thought to the follow-through.

MoonPool and Pussycat like this.
  13. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

There are simply too many commercials. Running time on this episode was less than 40 minutes. Just not enough time to put together a complex plot (like the old days) The episode started off well. Discovering that the photos were photo-shopped was a "well, duh". I cannot conceive of a less passionate response than the grieving wife. The conservative host was a caricature. The guy was quickly convicted based on a 30" video from a rally. I cannot imagine a lawyer not ripping this apart. And I am not impressed with the acting of Odelya Halevi.

Sorry if this is a rant (if not a total thread crap). I keep hoping this will get better.

Pussycat, Paul J and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. guitargal

guitargal Forum Resident

I love Dylan McDermott . Followed him ever since The Practice . He 's played a lot of different parts on tv, movies , stage too. I liked him as the nervous federal agent in The Line of Fire. Have to admit I didn't care for his part in L &O OC but I didn't like the show either , and didn't watch it.

But I' m looking forward to seeing him in FBI . He 's playing a good guy this time . Why not give him a chance ? He's really good. Plus for those of us ladies who notice these type of things ... he has really really nice blue eyes .:) Really, very nice :love:

15. rockclassics

We are all hoping it will get better. Each episode seems a bit better than the preceeding one. But the stories and writing are still not very good IMO.

I do agree with you about Odelya Halevi.. I'm not impressed with her either.

MoonPool and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I am impressed with her internet pictures.

[​IMG]

(I figured it was okay to mention this since it follows a female member's post about Dylan McDermott's eyes.)

Bill Mac and rockclassics like this.
  17. Pussycat

Pussycat (=^•.•^=)~*

I love Law & Order but this reboot sucks. The writing is bad and why is everyone so stiff? It's like they're being directed that way or it's the most uptight set ever.

It doesn't seem to be getting better to me.

MoonPool likes this.
  18. Prince John

This is an exaggeration for sure. But I am getting tired of every episode being social justice related. They’ve done enough in that department for a while.

Paul J and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

This episode's verdict came too suddenly.
    Almost like it was going the other way, some revealing arguments were edited out, and then just end with the expected verdict.

DementedAvenger likes this.
  20. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

I'm using my own remark about so much negative posts about the 2022 L&O. Blame /praise Rick Eid. Eid is pretty much the guy behind this version of the series. Opening credits include "created by","story by","written by","executive producer" and he is considered showrunner. It seems that Wolf put him in charge of this. Eid has lots of irons in the modern Wolf Kingdom bonfire. For FBI he is EP/showrunner, EP for Chicago P.D. from 2017 to 2021. L&O:SVU-EP,2016,2017,as well as writer for nine episodes. Has he been stretched too thin? Perhaps,but he seems to thrive on this work pace and Wolf seems to give him free reign.

21. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Well, that was interesting.

Key witness flees: check.

Only other witness totally discredited: check.

No real evidence to convict defendant: check.

Acquittal: wait, what?

McCoy used to lose cases with more than that. I guess the new crew has to be portrayed as winners no master what.

I actually enjoyed the episode until the verdict.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  22. Slackhurst Broadcasting

Slackhurst Broadcasting Forum Resident

Yes, the verdict was unconvincing. Even more so was the defendant's evil-overlord defeated style outburst. And was it really likely that he'd get rid of a dead body in one of his designer trunks? (There was a similar idiot-plot bit last week, where the story turned on alt-right message boarders being taken in by faked photos - as if they aren't exactly the people to get into endless call-outs, arguments and detective work on the subject.)

tonyc, Matthew Tate and Pussycat like this.
  23. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

One victim testifies (altruistic enough to do so knowing he was headed back to prison) and not only does the defendant get convicted, but goes nuts at hearing the verdict. Oy.

24. Prince John

I expected a different vertict as well.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident