Layla Revisited: Tedeschi Trucks Band; 3LP/2CD sets

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RiRiIII, May 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBones72

JBones72 Forum Resident

They've done a Derek & The Dominoes song almost every time I've seen them. Got the blue vinyl from Bull Moose.

2. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

More from Bobby Tis on Facebook:

it’s not technically AAA because the original multi-track recording was digital. But it was mixed all analog, mixes were printed to half-inch analog tape and assembled onto master reels. Those master reels that i assembled were then transferred directly from tape to vinyl and also back to digital at a ridiculously high sample/bit rate for the CD and Streaming formats.
    This info is on the “hype sticker” on the vinyl

Use_Your_Koala and supermd like this.
  3. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Can’t wait for this. Honestly the only Clapton album I remotely care about anymore, and I’d rather listen to Derek & Trey than Eric anyday.

I hope they put out their Mad Dogs & Englishman show one day as well.

dzjc and Ron Mexico like this.
  4. TerpStation

Apparently the Mad Dogs set was supposed to come out before the Layla, but there are apparently lots of rights issues that are complicating the release.

5. Vinylanswer.net

Vinylanswer.net Forum Resident

We multitracked the show to hi-res files with the intention of mixing and mastering 100% analogue. Chris Bellman cut the lacquers and Gary Salstrom did the metal work. I think you’ll all be very happy with it.

There will be plenty of exciting Maddogs stuff coming soon as well. Sit tight for that! It’ll be worth it.

-Brian

supermd, Rick58, Skydog7 and 13 others like this.
  6. TerpStation

So happy that the TTB crew care about sound and take the steps necessary for good sounding vinyl. Thanks much for the work and efforts!

Rick58 likes this.
  7. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Well, I'm glad at least they're considering it. Hopefully that gets worked out soon.

David Pietras and TerpStation like this.
  8. stillrockin

stillrockin Forum Resident

I saw the webcast and thought it was a stunning achievement. The Layla album is peerless and these guys breathed new life into it. I will be in for this release and echo the call for a blu ray but industry finances dictate that sadly this is unlikely.

BeatleJWOL, TerpStation and Vic_1957 like this.
  9. lazydawg58

lazydawg58 Know enough to know how much I don't know

Just ordered the black vinyl!

TerpStation likes this.
  10. ajax25

ajax25 Forum Resident

Preordered CDs

TerpStation and lazydawg58 like this.
  11. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident Thread Starter

+1

TerpStation and lazydawg58 like this.
  12. ABBDutchFan

ABBDutchFan Forum Resident

Pre-ordered the blue vinyl edition from a German website. Most likely will get the 2cd version as well (someday) but vinyl edition has my priority. My favorite active band at the moment (together with Gov't Mule). Keeping my fingers crossed for a Mad Dogs & Englishmen release. Would definitely buy that as well.

TerpStation likes this.
  13. Vic_1957

Vic_1957 Forum Resident

From the link in the OP:

"Layla Revisited (Live at LOCKN’) will feature sleeve notes written by Derek Trucks himself, and the album concludes, as did the 1970 release, with Trucks and Tedeschi’s studio duet version of “Thorn Tree In The Garden.”"

TerpStation, southamorican and bRETT like this.
  14. Vic_1957

Vic_1957 Forum Resident

Hopefully they will. I have an "unofficial" video of the entire set and both the video and audio are awesome.

Bossyman and TerpStation like this.
  15. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Nice. Pretty impressive that Derek and Susan were also on the 1970 album since they weren't born yet!

Umbari, pscreed, Chemguy and 3 others like this.
  16. Vic_1957

Vic_1957 Forum Resident

:wtf:

:laugh:

Rick58 and Chemguy like this.
  17. lazydawg58

lazydawg58 Know enough to know how much I don't know

Combining words and interpreting words always a challenge.

Chemguy likes this.
  18. kevinkasson

kevinkasson Forum Resident

Wow, I had no idea about this. Just pre-ordered it. Thanks! Excited that the vinyl is being pressed at QRP, should be great.

19. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Oh, the vinyl will be great, but the recording itself? It’s Layla, after all!

;)

kevinkasson and Vic_1957 like this.
  20. Vinylanswer.net

Vinylanswer.net Forum Resident

The Black vinyl is being pressed at QRP. All pressings are being done from mothers made by Gary at QRP.

The last side features a AAA studio performance of “Thorntree in the Garden” as well as a rehearsal recording of “I Am Yours” and an etching of a piece of art inspired by the same short story that the original Layla artwork was inspired by.

-Brian

Rick58, Chemguy, TerpStation and 3 others like this.
  21. Skydog7

Skydog7 Forum Resident

I agree. same on their live shows. I’ve noticed the sound is absolutely fantastic no matter the venue.

22. rsauer

rsauer Forum Resident

Excited for this, but it’s unfortunate a BluRay + multi-channel is not in the cards. I just re-watched the download from 2019, and everyone on stage is so exuberant, obviously having a great time.

BeatleJWOL and TerpStation like this.
  23. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

Pre-ordered and very excited to be getting this. Amazing band.

TerpStation likes this.
  24. elsanto

elsanto Forum Resident

I pre-ordered the Blue indie vinyl. But reading the above comment has me wondering if I should reconsider that. Doesn't QRP have a better reputation than Memphis for pressing vinyl?

25. TerpStation

Indeed it does. But the last two records i got from Craft which were pressed there were perfect. So you never know, but QRP does have the better reputation.
    And, based on this, and release date, i did the same. I had an order in with Legacy for the blue colored vinyl but changed it to the black.

elsanto likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.