Least favorite Megadeth Remaster?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dynamic Ranger, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

that's the worst due to lost vocal tracks

Dynamic Ranger likes this.
  2. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

What about bonus tracks on RIP, CTE, Y? Anything good or is it all on Hidden Treasures?

I like the Spanish version of Trust on CW.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

just my opinion. the demo's on RIP are nice to hear. they feature chris Poland and have some insane solos. there are 3 other demo's from RIP on the warchest boxset and I don't think these feature Poland."my creation" is sorta like a "dawn patrol" type song

CTE has 3 demo's. the demo's are a must own. imo the demo's are better than the akbum versions. warchest also has a demo for this album.

youth has a demo of "a tout le monde" that should be heard. much longer than the album version. also the song "absolution" is cool. I would like more demo's from the youth sessions released though

4. Dynamic Ranger

Dynamic Ranger Forum Resident Thread Starter

While the 2004 remastered studio album content of RIP is not recommended, the bonus tracks are actually REALLY darn good! I still own the 2004 versions solely for the extra tracks, there is some really interesting stuff on them. When I want to hear just the studio albums, I play the originals.

I also think Hidden Treasures is pretty cool too!

Brenald79 and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Agreed, but I hate the bass on it. As much as I sometimes wish that RIP had more bass, now that I've heard it, I hate it. It's not that it's not what I'm used to but the whole track sounds out of balance now. And I like bass, btw.

Yes the lost vocals suck too...Lucretia in particular.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

I was just listening to Peace Sells last night, bonus content only. I bought the remasters for the demo content which are damn good. Actually the only remaster I listen to is So Far So Good So What, as there is more oomph to it compared to the original.

The other original Megadeth CD's are mandatory! The original RIP and Countdown are great.

Matthew Tate and RK2249 like this.
  7. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Thanks. I need these. I only have So Far, CW, & Risk remastered. I see that there's 2 different 5 album sets with LP-style card sleeves with remixed albums. One has Peace to Youth, the other has Rust to Risk. Too bad they're OOP. Would have been an easy way to get them all.

Matthew Tate and Dynamic Ranger like this.
  8. John Bliss

John Bliss Forum Resident

Cryptic Writings and Risk would be nice to have on vinyl. Reissued vinyl that is. An original pressing of Cryptic Writings is super rare, don't think Risk ever came out on the vinyl format in any country (legally).

9. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident

Yeah, Youth and CW definitely need a reissue. Risk indeed was never released on vinyl.

John Bliss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.