Led Zep IV Target on Ebay. Holy crap!

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by crispynz1, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerolW

JerolW Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I don't want to sell it. I just want to leave a list of valuable items for my wife for when I die.

jerol

2. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

There are 3 Teal IV Targets (plus the Japan version with sticky obi). I managed so far to get 2 of the 3 in complete state, plus the Japan sticky obi version. They have been cheap enough (comparitively speaking), but the last one I bought was a couple of years ago. I think I got one with a VG insert for 20USD and the 32XD was around 50 bucks. I have the 'rare' version that Keith mentions but I don't think I paid very much for it. Maybe I got lucky for a change, I started collecting 1st Press Japan and WG Led Zep when the prices were high.

The inserts and rear art seem to be different among all of these WG targets, and I bought a few to try and match them up 'correctly'.

Ralph's site has always been a good one:
    http://www.targetcd.com/ledzepIV.html

I'm looking for the middle one that says 'Made In || West Germany' with 19129-2 catalog number rather than 'Made In || West Germany by Polygram', probably the one Galley has!

How anal is that..... :angel:

There is no way in h&ll I would pay 1500+ for the red target. A couple of hundred, tops...... (bsaed on completing what I have and rarity).
    Maybe one will fall out of the sky for me one day. I waited 3 years to find a first press Japan PG with cough.

3. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

:righton: Good stuff. Thanks Paul

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

That's the common West German target.

5. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

Relatively speaking. :)

6. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

In my experience, the West German target bearing catalog number 19129-2 is not too rare.

7. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

Mine looks just like the top one.

8. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

Ah, OK - think I have 2 of those :thumbsup:

9. Scroller

Scroller Hair Metal, Smooth Jazz, New Age...it's all good

Interesting. I have no idea how often these appear on ebay, but it took me at least two years of pretty heavy searching to find the 19129-2 target in the bins. During that time, I actually found two WG Houses Of The Holy targets. I checked many copies of IV that had "Printed in USA" on the back and no luck. I finally found one with "Printed in West Germany" on the back and that was the one! As we all know timing, location, frequency of searching, etc. etc. are all important variables...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.