Led Zeppelin - 2007 Show (DVD/CD)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deuce66, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

I'm curious, so I will probably pick it up. Lord knows, I have watched so many other things that probably were not half as good. They are still iconic, and watching them as old guys will not take anything away from them as far as my regard for them.

2. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Kashmir wasn't drop tuned. That one was in the right key.

3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

And Plant isn't really up to the task of singing it, either. Again, don't mean to rain on the parade of those who do enjoy this release, so I will try to leave it at that.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

That's why we all have opinions. I think he did a HELLUVA job, but then I wouldn't give five minutes of my time to listening to Taylor Swift, so there ya go. :laugh:

5. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Nice to see you're just leaving it at that.

6. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

One less shipping update. :goodie:

7. Myke

:laugh: Note to self : keep shipping info. to myself. ;)

8. eelkiller

If only that was the consensus.

9. Myke

Maybe I'll start a reverse-trend. :D

10. MIPIE

MIPIE Forum Resident

The movie didn't come to our area, it would have been nice to see this on the big screen. I got a chance to see this on bootleg and the cameras bouncing back and forth.
    This is going to be a good one and I can't wait to see the professional version. Jimmy Page, man

11. Six String

Six String Senior Member

Didn't bother me at all. Although I knew about it going into the show I forgot about it while watching it. I'm not sure that it wouldn't happen with multiple viewings as it would be easy to critique it after the newness wore off.
    I just got into the movie as if it was a live concert and enjoyed the moment.
    I doubt that I'll bother buying any of the product but I'm glad I got to see it on the big screen. Stairway to Heaven was one of my least favorite songs on that performance so it didn't matter that it was tuned down. Too many other good songs to worry about that.

12. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

:laugh:

Something tells me that isn't the last we've heard of him in this thread.

13. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

Stairway is the only song that I think suffered from the change of key - IMO it needs the brightness of the higher key to be effective, and so it was the weakest song of the set. Otherwise, the key changes didn't bother me at all - in fact the lower keys may have added a "heavier" quality to those songs. Better that than having Robert strain to reach the notes.

I saw LZ several times live back in the day and the recent video on the big screen, and while it might not approach them at their peak, it was a worthy show, and I really dig it. I won't hesitate to buy the recording(s).

Really, Page and Plant may not have the chops they once did, but they are still good, and the good will and interplay between the musicians is the greatest pleasure of this show. It's not that you're going to hear the greatest solos of their careers, it's that you're going to see their chemistry in action.

14. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

After seeing the movie in a theater, I was totally blown away. The presentation, the "atmosphere", if this didn't crank you up, nothing will.

I saw an ad earlier this week the movie is coming back next Tuesday for another screening. Weird thing, they're mentioning IMAX.

15. JMike

JMike Forum Resident

Since '75/Kashmir was brought up...granted I'm only going by boots at the moment in both cases, but in my opinion Plant sang better at this show than he did in 1975. And I don't think I've heard him sing Kashmir better.

16. painbird

painbird Forum Resident

kashmir sounded amazing and they played in the same key which surprised me.

17. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

Appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

18. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I cancelled my preorder for the deluxe CD, DVD, Blu-ray release. Granted, it is was a pretty good deal at $26, but I know I will not watch it more than once. I rarely have time to watch music DVDs, and if I am going to watch live Zeppelin, I am going to watch the "DVD" or Song Remains The Same. I am glad Zeppelin went out on a positive note with this 2007 gig, but it just isn't something I am going to revisit often. Perhaps I'll pick up the CD version to have the audio.

19. eelkiller

Me also, same reason, I would watch it once and file it. I will be busy with the VU, Cash, BOC sets.

20. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

That sounds smart. If you could post your findings when you have them, that would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.