Led Zeppelin II RL-Which pressing sounds best?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Neilson77, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christophe Lethimonnier

Christophe Lethimonnier Forum Resident

I had this pressing. It must absolutely be avoided! The worst I heard! Compress. Cavernous. The only interest of this pressing is to prove that Led Zeppelin was such a great band that he could afford to publish mediocre presses ! :laugh:

marcfeld69 likes this.
  2. Christophe Lethimonnier

I confirm. Must be absolutely avoided...garbage !

Slick Willie likes this.
  3. Christophe Lethimonnier

I do not know this hybrid RL / LH. It seems to be an interesting and less expensive combination than the RL both sides. Another interesting option could be a German RL / PF pressing. Otherwise I've picked up in recent weeks a German pressing RL side A, a Piros (not x Monarch) and a Dennis King (mid'80). All totally mint ... $ 20 each record! An excellent combination!:edthumbs:

4. JMWills

JMWills Member

Can anyone help me identify the pressing of Led Zeppelin II that I have. When I purchased I was told it was a first pressing RL Monarch. However I have received and opened the packaging and am unsure.

It reads as follows:

Side 1 ST-A-691671-MO
    Deadwax - STA691671 - L ATA14158 There is also a MR in a circle and what looks like a W further round the deadwax

Side 2 ST - A - 691671 - MO
    Deadwax - STA691672 - L ATA14158-X with MR in circle and what looks like a W further round in the deadwax

Label is Atlantic Green and Orange

Any ideas?

5. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

6. JMWills

JMWills Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.