Legit hi-res download retailers, besides 7digital and Bandcamp?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by crookedbill, Feb 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crookedbill

crookedbill Forum Resident Thread Starter

So, Bandcamp has been my go-to for indie stuff and 7Digital has been my go-to for major label staff (and whatever's not on Bandcamp).

However friggin' 7Digital has been falling off lately. New releases sort of trickle onto the site arbitrarily (rarely ever on official release date), they haven't updated their home page or social media accounts in about five months, their download speeds are abysmal, and whenever I've reported a download error they simply delete the album from the site and never re-upload it (anybody hoping to purchase Kraftwerk's "Electric Cafe" album can blame me, they deleted it from the site due to a download error I had over a year ago and never re-uploaded it).

I'm beginning to think, as 7digital focuses on their B2B operations, they've almost completely forgotten about their direct-to-consumer retail side. I think it's just a matter of time before they shut their site down. Heartbreaking because I thought I could totally shed my CD purchasing habit (which was getting vastly out of control), and nobody else seems to sell 16bit/44.1 downloads - except HDtracks, who's inventory is woefully limited and way overpriced.

Are there any other legit digital retailers who sell 16bit/44.1 downloads (AIFF, WAV, FLAC whatever)?

2. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

[​IMG]

Spotted Peccary is very good, though they might not have the sort of music you're after. They usually have a 25%-off sale at the end of the year.
    I share your frustrations. Sadly, I think there's a bit of a disconnect between many download vendors and their potential customers, particularly when you can often purchase a new CD for less than the 16/44.1 FLACs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.