LEHMANN AUDIO BLACK CUBE match for AT440ML cartridges?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by englishbob, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

You should have bought directly the black cube classic, which can be upgraded to the SE easily.

2. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023 Thread Starter

Might do that at some point, but I will still have a use for the Statement

Here is the rub though, I'm usually very suspicious of devices that sell extra power options for hundreds of £££$$$ and claim its worth that amount. Surely you make your base device good enough on the power supply it already has, to work correctly, and give good performance, not sell an add-on brick for £200+

3. englishbob

One week or so onward, I am really impressed with the sound this Black Cube Statement makes. It really does reveal a lot more.

Some murky albums, such as Beach House's "Depression Cherry" sound so much clearer than they did with the Cambridge 651p.

Going to spin Bowie's Blackstar later, hoping for a similar reveal to that of Beach Houses'

Krzych and avanti1960 like this.
  4. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

that beach house LP sounds remarkably good after sitting on the shelf for a year undergoing an initial rejection and dissmissal benching.

englishbob likes this.
  5. englishbob

I always preferred DC to TYLS, it has one of the best tracks in Beach House's catalogue, "BlueBird". The 7 album is my most eagerly awaited for 2018 so far.

avanti1960 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.