Let It Be 50th Anniversary -Twickenham Rehearsals: What and how?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by J Alesait, Jul 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floater

Floater Forum Resident

2. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

Thanks ! This forum is just too big..

J Alesait likes this.
  3. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Of course a Let It Be anniversary box set will not happen.
    Sgt. Pepper, the White Album and Abbey Road also did not get that treatment.

Klassik and TheOrangeApple like this.
  4. Floater

Floater Forum Resident

Something is happening here but you don't know what it is
    Do you, Mr. andrewskyDE?

augustboy, Klassik and andrewskyDE like this.
  5. Tittenhertz

Tittenhertz Forum Resident

Maybe we'll get to see this clip on the 1 year anniversary of the project's announcement???

WildWildHorses49 likes this.
  6. Beatlemen

Beatlemen Forum Resident

Perhaps there will 2 Beatles Box sets this year: Let It Be super deluxe set in May then a 2nd Box set in Oct to accompany the Peter Jackson film. That would be a dream !!

7. Klassik

Klassik Guerilla BeatLOLogist

With this news of the preview just in, I'll venture to offer the definitive prediction:
    In order not to distract from the new film, a 58th Anniversary boxed set of 'Love Me Do' will be released in October to draw fire from Beatles extremists.

8. Floater

Floater Forum Resident

9. Floater

Floater Forum Resident

10. Klassik

Klassik Guerilla BeatLOLogist

What's interesting about the preview is that nobody appears to have attended it!
    I was expecting some write-ups from those who had eyes on it but it's sounding like this preview was on the schedule but in a back-room.
    I'd reckon that there's a certain 'playing for time' element going on in post-production?
    Also, I'm now thinking that as there's no info at large on this film being booked into theatres, that the actual release date hasn't yet been confirmed?

11. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Unfortunately they never really got a good take of I Me Mine in 1969 (and never really tried, either). Even the final version seems rushed. George had a whole year and never bothered to write another verse?

12. Hootsmon

Hootsmon Forum Resident

There's an air of mystery about the whole project despite the common knowledge that Jackson's been working on it for a fair time. eg no real confirmed date of release for the film that I've read. Likewise the album/box set.

All I'm really hoping for is a cinema release.

Klassik likes this.
  13. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Mouths are shut, this is the big Beatles project for 2020. I don’t think this is strange at all.
    But this private preview appears to be the proverbial break in the dam.

Let’s see if a press statement comes in 24 hours.

In any case, the movie is ready to go.

WildWildHorses49 likes this.
  14. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

From the link:
    “An amazing counter-narrative to [the] Let It Be film has ensued... It’s brighter both visually and spiritually, with many, many shots of the Beatles joking around, making fun of each other, singing in silly accents and generally indulging in vintage mop-top hijinks..."

My inside sources have confirmed that the Peter Jackson film will contain 90 minutes of newly restored footage of the Beatles singing snippets of songs in German accents, Jamaican accents, French accents, Spanish accents, Chinese accents, upper-crust British accents, Cockney accents, Liverpudlian accents, and Swedish accents. ... ;)

15. Cristiano Cortellazzi

We’ll take everything, even a banana from Bongo.

drum_cas and Klassik like this.
  16. WildWildHorses49

WildWildHorses49 Forum Resident

and to keep that coherence, the movie will be called "Get Raus!"

Klassik, Bern and andrewskyDE like this.
  17. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Well, that would be the (sub)title for the German release.

18. drum_cas

drum_cas Forum Resident

Secretely they have been recording all their singles also in German, so after sie liebt dich and gib mir deine hand we can look forward to Kommt Zusammen and Etwas!

19. Floater

Floater Forum Resident

Maybe. But who knows what more is on the tapes.

20. Bern

Bern JC4Me

To be fair to George...the only reason they recorded it all all was because it was going to be shown in the movie. (Hogg version). He may never have revisited it.

Bern

applejam101 likes this.
  21. Floater

Floater Forum Resident

That's true.
    Maybe it would have been released then on ALL THINGS MUST PASS.

22. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

It is unlikely there is all that much more than the close to 100 hrs of audio that many of us have listened to.

I feel there are a couple quite good versions of IMM, though without the 4/4 section Paul came up with later.

23. Floater

Floater Forum Resident

Am I right that only 90 hours of the sessions exist on bootlegs (e. g. A/B Road)?
    Peter Jackson has 140 hours of audio tapes.
    So there are 50 hours of unbootleged material.

Beatlemen and boggs like this.
  24. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

You misunderstand I believe. There were two recorders, for the "A" and "B" cams (hence "A/B Road"). For most of the time both recorders were running, capturing the same thing, but they staggered the reel switches so as not to miss anything. The 90 hr A/B set eliminates all the overlapping portions. Jackson most likely has 70 hrs of A tapes and 70 hrs of B tapes with lots of overlap between them - so essentially what we got - unless by chance some tapes were kept aside from the collection that leaked. I am guessing the tape of the conversation after George quit is one such tape, though who knows whether they gave it to Jackson.

There's no way there are close to 50 hrs unaccounted for. You usually hear them arriving and leaving and a whole lot of work and bs-ing in between.

25. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

So, tomorrow is the anniversary, let's wait for good news

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.