Let It Be/Get Back 50th Anniversary Pricing & Shipping Thread!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Aug 26, 2021.

1. mjfan1987

mjfan1987 Forum Resident

Anyone else considering cancelling this? I got it for 129 + 10% off at popmarket when it was announced.

However I only want the Get Back LP and don't care about the remix or other outtakes. That's a lot of money to spend for 1 LP.

Wish the Beatles weren't so outrageous with pricing. 10 years ago they had box sets of their entire catalog for a reasonable price.

Its gotten a bit outrageous these days.

RockyRoll, 905, Lewisboogie and 3 others like this.
  2. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

I cancelled my pre-order: too pricey. I had ordered the SDE CD/BD, but decided to wait until the price is more in line with the previous Beatles SDEs. I was able to score those in the $75 range, so I had to remind myself that LIB is my least favorite Fabs title.

I will miss the zeitgeist of sharing release day with the forum. :cry:

3. mooncusser2k

mooncusser2k "Oink, Oink, Woof, Woof, Baaaaa."

Canceled my Amazon pre-order today. The order from ImportCDs will take longer to arrive but I can wait.

Beatles Fan 4 Life likes this.
  4. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

I could have written this post myself. I’m right there with you.

BuckNaked likes this.
  5. steve_miller

steve_miller Forum Resident

I think there is only one track on Disc 3 worth owning.
    The 2 disc set suites me fine. I would like the book...
    Most of this is out there already. You can always stream it for free as well.
    Hold still and wait for the PJ film.

6. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

It's actually one of my favorites from their catalog, and the first Beatles album I owned. But I too am holding out for the $75-80 range. I'm finally sick and done with being over-charged and underwhelmed.

7. Scott6

Scott6 Forum Resident

The reality is that at some point within first 6 months it will drop to around £50 on Amazon. Depends if you don't mind waiting. I picked up all 3 of the other box sets, including Pepper, for £50 on Amazon. The recent Dylan Bootleg Series has already dropped 25%.

BuckNaked likes this.
  8. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

I’ve cancelled my pre-order too, not for any musical reasons, but it just seems frivolous to buy a box set of this price now in my life. Had it been in the £50-£70 price range I’d be getting it, but the older I get, and having had a son since the Abbey Road set came out which is when I last spent this sort of money on music, my view on these things has changed massively!

The more I fall into the streaming world the less I’m likely to buy physical media too, even though that eats me up inside haha

9. Scott6

Scott6 Forum Resident

I tend to just set up an alert in camelcamelcamel for a reasonable desired price and sit back and wait.

Mooserfan, BuckNaked and autumn daze like this.
  10. autumn daze

I’m way ahead of you :D I do that for so many things these days, the urgency has left me for my hobbies now, and so value has overtaken the want desire.

11. Tony LeMesmer

Tony LeMesmer Forum Resident

Ditto. Got them set for All things must pass, Springtime In New York and this

12. Mickey2

Mickey2 Forum Resident

To anyone who hasn’t yet picked up the previous special edition sets, they are nicely discounted at the moment on Amazon.

13. georgepearrison

georgepearrison Long Time Lurker

I too canceled my order for the deluxe edition. I’m going with the just the single vinyl for now. I’ll pick up the deluxe when the price drops or maybe ask for it for Christmas.

autumn daze likes this.
  14. autumn daze

If we all cancel they may not release any more of these, who is willing to take one for the team and still buy the box set? :D

15. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

If someone who lives in Canada wanted to purchase the LP boxed sets of Let It Be and/or All Things Must Pass, what would be the best choice of online store regarding price and shipping within the country?

I have read that shipping from other countries to Canada has been taking a long time these days (not sure whether it's true), so I guess a Canadian webstore would be a better option.

16. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

Right here. ✋

autumn daze likes this.
  17. m5comp

m5comp Classic Rock Lover

I'm leaving alone my Amazon order, mainly because I have $10 worth of gift cards applied to it.

18. autumn daze

I knew I could count on you!

19. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

I totally agree with you @DK Pete, the ATMP LP box had many issues although I lucked out. I ordered the 8LP ATMP from the Abbey Road store, LP2 in the main LP set was warped. I contacted the store and after sending the requested photos they sent a replacement 8LP set and told me to keep the original set. So I decided to play the warped LP and it played OK without issue. So I though WTF, I’ll keep the original 8LP set and sold the replacement still in its shrink wrap for £100, I payed £165 for the original set. I was totally open with the buyer explaining that the set could contain a warped LP/even more than one but if they opened it they keep it. The buyer was happy giving me good feedback.

Sorry about going off thread but the LIB LP set is in comparison to the ATMP LP set poor value so I just hope the vinyl is in superb condition otherwise it will be sent back and it will also be my last Beatles related vinyl set.

DK Pete likes this.
  20. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

:wave:

I've just decided I'm largely done playing the "wait for the price drop" game.

I'd rather buy the damned thing and get it over with! :D

21. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Ha! Your online name makes sense now! : )

richierichie likes this.
  22. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

I have yet to pre-order this set, and we're just a few days away from its release. It's just sooo disappointing. Only 27 session out-takes (plus the remixes and Glyn Johns mixes) for $118? I actually think I'd derive the most enjoyment from the book, although that's not likely to be as nice as the "Get Back" book that's being issued separately. I could rationalize the purchase if I liked the Glyn Johns mix -- I hate the thing, mostly because of the sloppy, lethargic "performances" that were selected -- or if the complete rooftop performance was included. I don't even have much faith in the selection of the 27 session out-takes, as they omit the up-tempo version of "Two Of Us," which seems inexplicable.

Unless I give in over the next few days, this will be the first new Beatles release of any kind -- audio, video, remaster, remix, etc. -- since 1976 that I haven't picked up on the day of release.

Mooserfan, 905 and Lewisboogie like this.
  23. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

I wonder when I see the news about a zillion ships sitting out at sea waiting for a chance to get unloaded and a story recently about a truck driver shortage if this will affect delivery of the deluxe set?

I realize this is not exactly a “ life saving drug shortage and lives are being lost” crisis or similar, but still, I’d like my box set on release day. :laugh:

24. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

I pre-ordered mine from Music Vaultz, which at the time had the best price. Sign up for their emails and get a 15% coupon. The other local choices are amazon.ca and sometimes walmart. Risk with MV is sometimes it takes them months after something is release to fulfill the order.

5th-beatle likes this.
  25. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Yes, a very frustrating situation overall. At one point it actually seemed like things were going in the right direction with vinyl quality now it’s back to hit and miss. I just ordered the LIB super deluxe CD set but, much as I truly hate to say it, I’m holding off on the vinyl at least until I read some feedback here. We’re talking the willful spending of hundreds of dollars here for these things that we love and treasure so much. How the powers that be can’t or WONT empathize with this is, in one simple word, sad.