Let It Be/Get Back 50th Anniversary Pricing & Shipping Thread!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Aug 26, 2021.

1. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

From PopMarket…
    Held my breath opening this one..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The other side took a couple cardboard-splitting dings as well.

Thankfully, amazingly, all is well!
    [​IMG]
    :cheers:

2. m5comp

m5comp Classic Rock Lover

Mine came in a box mentioning UMG, but that box was in a bag like the ones used to ship clothing.

3. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

That’s just not very good .

4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

My Amazon delivery was "double boxed" as well!

ronbow, forthlin, marcb and 1 other person like this.
  5. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Interesting, as you seemed to get worse packaging from PopMarket than other subsequent posters. I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised with the speed of my media mail package, too. :)
    Your story was like mine, and @groovelocked just above. I was nervous when I saw it, but it was in fine shape.
    There's odd variations with this. A lot of releases seem to come "pre-packaged" from the label, in form-fitting boxes that are perfectly designed for shipping, yet sometimes it appears the product gets removed and THEN shipped in some other packaging. I know with another recent release (the new Dylan?) there was variance from how mine was shipped vs. how someone else got it from the same vendor.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  6. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

My Popmarket set seems to be stuck in Pittsburgh. No tracking updates since the 15th. :mad:

7. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

mine too!

dasacco likes this.
  8. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

i ordered both vinyl and cd sets from Popmarket and it was beautifully double boxed.

dasacco likes this.
  9. Susan Gagne

Susan Gagne Fab4Fan since January 1964

For me, Pittsburgh, PA and Springfield, MA are the twin black holes of the US Postal Service! ;)

superstar19 and dasacco like this.
  10. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Right with you. I had one sitting in Pittsburgh for for over a month last year.

11. Nogoodnik

Nogoodnik Celebrity Jeopardy and Mini Crossword smart

[HYPERBOLE AHEAD]I take it all back! The book advert insert was bent/folded! It’s going back![END HYPERBOLE]

groovelocked and mrjinks like this.
  12. Box Set

Box Set Living In The Material World

I bought the vinyl box set (two times) from Amazon in Australia and the vinyl set was not in a UMG box and just floating around in a way oversized Amazon box with a bit of scrunched up brown paper I had a manufacturing fault on Track 4 of the Let It Be album (I Me Mine). Both copies. There were other distortion problems too but that was the dealbreaker. Both have gone back now and I'm on the lookout for a CD Box instead.

13. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Hi. Just wondering if anyone from Canada got their super deluxe ordered from Amazon.ca delivered on the 15th or shortly afterwards.

I pre-ordered on August 27 and noticed the SDE was listed as "in stock" on amazon.ca last Friday, but mine only shipped Tuesday evening from Richmond, BC. I'm a member of Amazon prime and one of our benefits is supposed to be delivery on release day for pre-orders. I've had several cases where I did pre-orders and never got the delivery until several days later. So much for Amazon Prime! I love primevideo but the shipping benefits just aren't really there, in Canada anyway.

14. mrjinks

Do you ever contact them and complain? I did once (I'm in the States) and they gave me something $15 or $25, apologizing for missing release-day delivery...

15. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Actually I texted customer support on Tuesday when it still hadn't shipped and complained. The girl who answered me just sort of said, "it takes time to prepare for shipping" plus there was no stock at my nearest fulfillment center. At that time it was scheduled for a delivery today. She simply said that if it doesn't arrive on the 21st, then it will be late (I felt like replying with a DUHHHHH!). Now Canada Post says it will be delivered on Monday, although based on their tracking, it's in Montreal and since I live in a south shore suburb, it will likely be delivered tomorrow. Once it has been delivered I intend to contact them again and complain again.

16. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Mine should be delivered today from Amazon Canada. After being stuck in the house for the last five days due to different reasons the day it is delivered I have to go out. There is no god. Or if there is, he hates me.

17. mrjinks

Try the option to have them call you. I find that playing the "hurt customer" is often effective in the context of a live conversation. More effective than written communication only. :)

Oaw and Stefan like this.
  18. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Mine has finally left Pittsburgh and is now scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday.

19. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

Mine as well, in Springfield MA.

dasacco likes this.
  20. imsjry

imsjry Forum Resident

Curious if we think the 4LP will drop in price once the initial release fever dies down? Has that been the case with other Beatles anniversary sets?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  21. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

I really just want the Get Back Lp. Hard to justify the box for that…..

oboogie and Electric Sydney like this.
  22. Paul P.

Paul P. Forum Resident

Just a heads up - I ordered the SHM-SDE from CD Japan. I wasn't going to get an SDE - I was just going to get the standard US double-disc set - but the possibility of getting a clean copy of the 1969 Glyn Johns mix on CD4 finally wore me down.

When I ordered it, there were some 20-odd sets left. They're sold out now :)

Price was around $150 US - plus I had some CD Japan bonus points.

I'll let you know if I get the bonus poster.

BTW - if you are wondering why the sudden interest in the Japanese SHM-SDE - the CD4 of Glyn John's "1969 Mix" is actually the true 1969 mix. For the rest of the world - and the online streaming editions - the "1969 mix" is technically the "1969 assemblage" remastered using 1970's mixes spliced into the 1969 track order and chatter.

Cheers,
    Paul

23. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

Where did you read this? How does this happen for just one region??

Panama Jack and Paul P. like this.
  24. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Paul P. and BuckNaked like this.
  25. Paul P.

Paul P. Forum Resident

I don't want to derail this thread entirely, but I speculated on why this difference exists here, based on a couple of comments of folks who have heard the SHM-SDE disc 4:

Let It Be/Get Back 50th Anniversary Releases! (Content and Sound Quality Discussion Only)!

(e.g. It sounds like the reference dub Glyn used to remaster Disc 4.)

Cheers,
    Paul

Electric Sydney likes this.