Let It Be/Get Back 50th Anniversary Releases! (Content and Sound Quality Discussion Only)!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bruce Burgess, Jul 16, 2020.

1. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Is it the same almost feedback hum? The opposite of hiss? I noticed that on mine. But it goes away during the louder rock songs... but does return during the quiet numbers like Let It Be and Long And Winding Road.
    Optimal messed up on this one. GZMedia has done some really nice Gorillaz picture discs.

I am keeping it as a beater lol.

DK Pete likes this.
  2. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

I think all of the remixes are digitally sourced. Has no effect on sound quality if the mastering and digital source are high quality. It is the pressing in this case that is marginal.

Adam9 likes this.
  3. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Yes, like very low ended hum.

fmfxray373 likes this.
  4. Duophonic

Duophonic Beatles

I just visualized this guy saying this, he was probably twirling a handgun too.

5. Paul P.

Paul P. Forum Resident

No need to visualize...

[​IMG]

This is about period appropriate...

Cheers,
    Paul

6. BillyBudapest'sPajamas

BillyBudapest'sPajamas Forum Resident

The ‘Cannonball / Not Fade Away… (Jam)’ is just one example of what should’ve been on the box set. Maybe excluded because of a royalties issue but nonetheless it’s a nice little groove and sounds cool on the John Barrett tape.

7. EmceeEscher

EmceeEscher Forum Resident

That's a good one. Still scratching my head that "Watching Rainbows" is neither on the LIB box or seen in the Get Back documentary. That's a great little jam for 2 minutes there.

8. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

As stated earlier it is a head scratcher as to why an even 1 CD "Twickenham highlights CD/Vinyl" could not be collected??

Watching Rainbows, Suzy's Parlour, Another Day, Back Seat of My Car etc...……..

9. Wingsfan2012

It is sad that so much material is missing and that per Giles, the entire rooftop concert was removed from the contents because it is an impressive looking box set/reissue in layout and style...…….

[​IMG]

10. Detroit Rock Citizen

Detroit Rock Citizen RetroDawg Digital

Take 1 of Don't Let me Down is on the box, Sir.

11. EmceeEscher

I thought a Twickenham dedicated disc would be the one people would complain about being short. I really was predicting a 20-25 minute CD titled "Twickenham Rehearsals & Jams" or something like that. With the other discs all being from Apple. Oh well.

Library Eye, boggs and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  12. Wingsfan2012

yes one rooftop take stayed on the box and the others removed

13. As I recall, part of Giles' rationale for not including Twickenham material is that much of that would be covered in Jackson's doc. Well, so much for that notion...

Guess we'll have to settle for (God help us) Fly On the Wall - or better yet, any number of the vast quantity of boots floating around since forever...

14. green_ovation

green_ovation Forum Resident

I totally get what you're saying. They could have put much more music on the box. Having the Rooftop Performance makes it a better, more complete, listen than it was before. Now, if we could just get Suzy's Parlour and a few other tracks, it would be great! I'm not holding my breath that will happen, but it doesn't stop me from wishing or writing!

Wingsfan2012, RonBaker and Floater like this.
  15. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Particularly infuriating, given that EP CD that could have easily been tacked on as bonus mixes at the end of the Glyn John's album.

And some people in the industry still wonder why illegal downloads are still a thing...

16. Detroit Rock Citizen

Blame vinyl lite and the Beatles management to focus on that. I doubt that the extra disc added that much cost.

Peter_R likes this.
  17. EmceeEscher

Great point. Easily could have put Johns' Across the Universe and I Me Mine mixes as bonus tracks on the Get Back disc so all of his mixes are in one place, and the single version of Let it Be can be the final track on CD3 and b-side version of Don't Let Me Down the last track of CD2. Take the rooftop DLMD off of CD2 where it doesn't belong and then you have freed up a full disc for the rooftop performance. Voila. Room for the single mix of Get Back (CD 2) and You Know My Name (Look Up the Number) (CD3) also. Could have been done. Obviously they just didn't want to.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    Peter_R and Gila like this.
  18. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

It probably wasn't going fit on their record version, so the rest of us are out of luck, not the first or last time we get screwed of stuff because of Vinyl time limits

PhoffiFozz and Peter_R like this.
  19. Detroit Rock Citizen

They have to save something for the inevitable Past Masters Box

EmceeEscher likes this.
  20. EmceeEscher

Agreed. That'll happen.

Detroit Rock Citizen likes this.
  21. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

I really hate the current trend of limiting tracks on cd boxsets just so they can match the limited time restraints of the vinyl release that they can sell for more money.

22. javilu77

javilu77 Forum Resident

I hate it too. And I also hate it when they add vinyl to a CD box set (That is why I passed on The Kinks super deluxes).

23. Detroit Rock Citizen

I wouldn't buy the physical release of the first Buck/Nick Fleetwood Mac album for that reason. I bought the Download for somewhere around $35 bucks

John Buchanan likes this.
  24. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

I didn’t buy the original UK Let It Be for a similar reason (for ‘vinyl’ read ‘book’).

Oh well…

[​IMG]

ultron9 likes this.
  25. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

100%
    I said this earlier in the thread, but I imagine if the Anthology or BBC albums were released now, we'd have probably only gotten double albums and less content, or each would have been a 3 CD set that was in the 40 minute range.
    It really is a case of the tail wagging the dog.
    Remember when one of the selling points of the CD was how much music could fit on it?
    And bonus tracks?

I think the entire Let It Be box could have fit on 3 or 4 CDs.
    Or 3 5" CDs and one 3"disc.

jricc, PhoffiFozz, zobalob and 2 others like this.