Let it Bleed (50th anniversary)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Atomic Punk, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Love my set of LiB stamps
    [​IMG]

2. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

If the feedback is good, I may go for the stand-alone SACD, if that is in fact what it is.

Something I don't quite get is how they were able to throw some extra goodies onto the 40th Ya Ya's but none of the studio albums. Are the live recordings legally separate from the studio works?

Maybe the 50th Ya Ya's will be better? Seriously, I don't need a bunch of working versions and alternate takes other than to satisfy some of my own curiosities but a deluxe Ya Ya's with some complete MSG shows would be nirvana.

RogerB, DK Pete and All Down The Line like this.
  3. marcb

marcb Senior Member

There probably isn’t enough money now in these releases to make it worthwhile for both sides.

4. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I’m ordering this, I can’t resist the book and lithographs.

It’s probably my favourite album and I bought majesties request and Beggars Banquet so that’s it.

Mosthaf, Jack, DK Pete and 1 other person like this.
  5. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Yes for all the bands US fans they could have used the black style sleeve which was actually used in several countries in 1969. Why you likely found it tough to come by was that in the UK this sleeve was never a stock commercial issue & was principally used for export purposes.

Shawn likes this.
  6. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

Another note. I’m pretty sure Keith Richards was named Keith Richard well into the 1970’s.

The Ole' Rocker, Jack and superstar19 like this.
  7. All Down The Line

Up through 77' and legal Canadian proceedings.

superstar19 and Ghost of Ziggy like this.
  8. Jupitermadcat

Jupitermadcat Forum Resident

Top 5 Stones album for me.

Ed Hughes and superstar19 like this.
  9. Jupitermadcat

Jupitermadcat Forum Resident

I might agree with you there.

superstar19 likes this.
  10. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

True and remember when ‘on air’ was in pre order stage there was supposed to be a dvd Of tv performance ‘s but it never appeared.
    It took me a long time to understand this but when the Stones, and others performed on a radio or television show, that performance and the recording of that performance is the property of the station that aired it. So.....in order for say Apple or Abkco to release tv or radio performance ‘s, they would have to either buy the tape and the rights from the station, which is EXACTLY what the company ‘Reelin In The Years’ does, then they license those clips out to companies like Time Life, who use them in their commercials, or license the tape from the station for limited use on a commercial product.
    This is why McCartney bought the master and the rights to ‘The Compleat Beatles, he now owns all the rights to the footage used in that documentary.
    For Abkco to do that would mean that THEY would have to pay someone to use their footage, and their NOT going to do that!
    It’s the Klein mentality, and the absolute funny thing is......right now, The Stones DO have Abkco by the balls for the first time in almost 40 years. Abkco has depleted everything it could possibly do as far as ‘new’ product goes. So if these cheesy reissues sell well for them, then their happy, if the don’t then that puts them in a losing situation with diminishing money’s from Stones collectors.
    I only bought the Satanic, Beggars sde when they were heavily discounted, way below wholesale, so Abkco made no money off of me.

Now the Stereo Vinyl, and Mono Vinyl And Cd box sets are good products, but they shot themselves in the foot by putting them out because that’s all they have.
    I didn’t even buy the Circus package. What a joke that was, and is.

So in essence Abkco is now in the position of what Decca was in when the Stones left, even worse.
    But Jodie is stupid enough to think like her father, and the Stones now at last have the last laugh.......and good for them!,,,,!!,,,
    Beave

11. The Beave

No, Allen Klein phucked the Stones big time, and had no shame about it.
    Now it’s the Stones that have the upper hand for the FIRST TIME IN 40 YEARS!!!
    I’m actually going to enjoy watching Abkco as a company fail slowly.........
    Beave

12. The Beave

Again, 2 million plus per concert.......the Stones are feeling no pain over this.
    Beave

13. The Beave

To answer you question yes, live recording ‘s are a different animal.
    Abkco didn’t have to go to Mick and Keith for permission for the extras. All they have to do was secure release agreements from Tina Turner and BB King and the Maysles for use of the extras, the Stones weren’t involved with that.
    THAT’S how the Ya Ya’s deluxe was done.
    The audio for msg came from the Maysles, not the Stones multis of the show.
    Beave

14. Exile On My Street

That actually gives me hope for the 50th anniversary of Ya Ya's.

If not then, as you said above, ABKCO is out of ammo and Mick has the upper hand.

But that's no surprise. They may have gotten burned but the Stones somehow always survive and know how to play the long game.

Thanks, Beave.

superstar19 likes this.
  15. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Hopes for what for the 50th? The 40th covered it pretty well, no?

ssmith3046 and superstar19 like this.
  16. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Just give to the greatest album of all time a proper SDE please. It’s funny that Exile has arguably the worst super deluxe edition ever.

Terrible mastering. LESS postcards than the original. Can you believe it?

And it served as a sneak peak for future releases. WTH?

Three years to go.

superstar19 and jumpinjulian like this.
  17. This is simply not true, the station that broadcast a TV show does not implicitly own the rights. I’ll use Ed Sullivan as an example - SOFA Entertainment owns the shows/their content, and bought them from Ed’s daughter (and not from some CBS station... I assume you meant network instead of station, but still the point stands).

Jack and superstar19 like this.
  18. Exile On My Street

No!

I'm willing to bet those entire MSG shows were filmed. I highly doubt that what we've seen is all they filmed, or recorded, for that matter.

And what about Baltimore? I think Love In Vain is the only track not taken from MSG, where are the rest of those recordings?

I'm talking something like a vault release, full show brutha!!! There has got to be more, the Stones sat through hours of recordings choosing what became Ya Ya's.

No, it hasn't been covered well enough.

RogerB, mick_sh and superstar19 like this.
  19. All Down The Line

Jody is a Male.

Easy-E and Shawn like this.
  20. Full Circle

Full Circle Forum Resident

Oh, I agree 100%. It was more a comment on the fact that two(or three, depending on who you talk to) of the greatest albums of the last fifty years got terrible anniversary treatments while most everyone else is putting out great product.

ParloFax likes this.
  21. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Is there much material in The vaults if The Stones decide to put Goats Head Soup out as a deluxe set ?

I’m sure there will be some new super deluxe set soon, there not going stand still while everyone else releases sets, the stones label that is.

22. Captain Rogers

Captain Rogers Forum Resident

Is Ludwig’s 2002 SACD the source for this set? Is indeed a new remastering.

23. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Read it’s a new remaster.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  24. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Yes, it's a new remaster, but probably made from the 2002 DSD transfers.

Captain Rogers likes this.
  25. SixtiesGuy

SixtiesGuy Ministry of Love

The best album they ever made.

J_D__ and Carl80 like this.