Let it Bleed (50th anniversary)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Atomic Punk, Apr 24, 2019.

1. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

“They” are not involved on this release.
    ABKCO can re-release everything they want as long as it’s previously issued.

mdm08033 likes this.
  2. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I was only joking.

CBackley and MHP like this.
  3. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I haven't even got around to reading the book that came with the Sticky Fingers deluxe yet, five years ish after it came out. Just give me the music, please.

4. Mook

Mook Forum Resident

I'll probably buy the single CD.

I don't have this album as I burned out on the vinyl when I was a kid. Collected BB last year for the same reason.

5. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Yeah, I'm aware of that.

6. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

"Honky Tonk" on the Stones in Mono box is the fold-down that will be no doubt be pressed on this box's single, yes? Is there a dedicated mono mix 'in the wild' they could have used instead? Other than broadcast versions like this one lacking the studio lead vocal:

7. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Bill is not even trying a the beginning. Charlie is playing for real, though. Nice video.

Larry C. McGinnis III likes this.
  8. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

They're both miming exactly to what they played on the record (ie. Bill lays out until the first chorus)

9. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

As far as I can tell it's a remaster, but not a new mix.

10. Bill doesn't come in till the entire band starts, it's been that way all the way through Bill's final Rhythm King's show.

11. granola

granola Forum Resident

12. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

The mono box has the mono single mix. It's not a fold down.

marcfeld69, FJFP, Jack and 1 other person like this.
  13. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

Dang Mick just looks soooo stoned in that video lmao

14. Ah Charlie with that wierd Ludwig/Gretsch hybrid kit.

ParloFax likes this.
  15. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

So does "Live With Me," imo.

16. hiterss

hiterss Forum Resident

17. What's cool is he looks like he's playing his kit for real, even though they're miming...

...Hey, can someone give me a quick run-down on the various mixes of this song? This clip has Mick not saying "A-a-all right" before the solo... And he goes "gimme-gimme-gimme..." (double time, over 3 beats) at the end of the song... I don't think I had ever heard this variation before...

Shawn likes this.
  18. NUNZI

NUNZI Forum Resident

So the LPs do not have the custom band photo labels as it appears on the cover "cake" photo AND there are no little mini band "cake" toppers either. I can't decide what angers me more...I am serious!

19. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Even though that is my favorite Stones album, and a Deluxe Edition would be welcome for me, I see nothing there that I need. No bonus tracks to entice me to buy it. Vinyl I have no use for. Lithographs, posters, book I can live without. Some $ saved!

20. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I'm obviously aware of that, but during some of the bass parts he's definitely not into it, and I can't hardly blame him, it's possibly not a very fun thing to do (except for Milli Vanilli).

21. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

The poster is crap!

My Let It Bleed is one of the treasures of my collection. Original UK Decca mono, with unboxed red labels, poster, stickered sleeve with peep hole on the back and a near perfect condition inner with uncensored credits. No splits, stains, creases etc. The sleeve and poster are also near perfect, the record a very strong VG with some light scuffs, but no groovewear, very little crackle and no repetitive or loud clicks. I know it's a fold, but I like the sound of it a lot. As an album, it's my least favourite of the classic four from 68-72, but that's no put down. All four are some of the finest rock 'n' roll ever recorded.

50 years old, wow! It still sounds fantastic and always will.

22. Charlie's kind of miming-playing :) His cymbals are lined with tape, and I'm assuming his drums have towels or something in them to muffle any sound. Maybe not hitting the bass drum at all. Plus hitting the sticks very lightly. A good illusion!

ParloFax likes this.
  23. bluerondo

bluerondo Forum Resident

Have you heard the single version of "You Can't Always Get What You Want"? It was the "B" side to "Honky Tonk Woman", and actually the first version that I heard by virtue of buying the 45. The choral intro isn't on that version, and when I bought my copy of "Hot Rocks, Vol. 1" and heard the version from "Let It Bleed" I was a bit put off. Far as the album, I think it's a great album, although I would have to admit that "Sticky Fingers" and "Exile On Main Street" were much better, and in fact I would say those two were their very best. I'm actually a hard core "Exile On Main Street" lover. I own both the Limited Edition 1994 Virgin Remaster as well as the Blu-ray Audio.

24. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Yes, thank you, that's what I meant.

bluerondo and Billy_Sunday like this.
  25. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

So, the only track for which a dedicated mono-mix exists is 'Honky Tonk Women' and the rest [of the tracks presented in mono] are just channel fold-downs of the original stereo-mixes ?

I once heard a mono 'Monkey Man' that
    sounded like it was a different mix, but it was an upload on the web and I couldn't verify the source. That left me wondering
    if there were any tracks that had been prepared as dedicated mixes in mono but left unreleased (in '69) .

steelinYaThighs and Man at C&A like this.