Let's see those Luxman!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by inzite, Sep 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenith2134

zenith2134 Well-Known Member

Cool! I was just reading about that model the other day. Really sweet!

2. terzinator

terzinator boots lost in transit

Cool! Will be interesting to see how it compares price-wise with the D-10X.

google translate...

SACD/CD player

D-07X
    The latest model of the MQA compatible digital media player that inherits the high performance of the flagship D-10X

Nurtured flagship pedigree -
    a new piece of digital media player.
    In today's diverse audio sources, which are entering a period of revolution, digital circuits that support advanced high-format formats and the latest DAC environment enable CD and SACD, which are still important as sound sources. Bringing out unprecedented emotions. The D-07X is a digital media player that inherits the luxurious configuration and outstanding performance of the flagship model D-10X and delivers overwhelming performance. We will deliver the supreme listening experience that fully conveys the temperature and atmosphere of the music contained in various media.

Dave likes this.
  3. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

Almost ashamed to post this after seeing all these beauties. A vintage LV-105u (not my unit obviously). I’ve been prepping mine for sale.

[​IMG]

CraigVC, hifisoup, gkella and 5 others like this.
  4. Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog Forum Resident

Beautiful system.

5. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Interesting how we look at thinks differently, i've always liked the looks and sound of Luxman gear but could never bare the sterile sound of Accuphase. :shrug:

6. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus Active Member

[​IMG]

L-550AX MKII with Klipsch Forte IIIs. Listen mostly to records through the onboard phono amp and a clearaudio concept with a clearaudio maestro. I’d like to get the 590 or 595 eventually to scratch the upgrade itch but if it never happens I’d be more than happy with my current setup for life

7. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

Where do you buy those "frosted" sleeves for the Mofi SACDs? don't damage them due are made of PVC, you know those damage Vinyl.

8. ether-bored

ether-bored click OK to continue

As soon as I can get back to Japan, a (pre-owned) D-06 is coming home with me....

9. mjcmt

mjcmt Forum Resident

That's a very nice system.

10. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

11. inzite

inzite Forum Resident Thread Starter

the key here is warranty and no need for voltage step down. I got my 505ux from jp and saved a bunch and havnt noticed any downsides to using stepdown transformer. if i was to get some end game piece it may be worth a piece of mind and ease in the long run if you get it where you live.

stenway likes this.
  12. RWBadley

RWBadley Not an Animal

Nice work. I had been on the fence about the L595 and your pic single handedly pushed me over the edge :D
    No Meters! That will be a change after looking at the L590 face for the last four years… Hope the sound is worth it

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  13. Oatp1b1

Oatp1b1 Forum Resident

I use Nagaoka sleeves for my Mofi SACDs (and all other carton CDs for that matter). Pretty cheap and good quality.

14. A Grain of Sand

A Grain of Sand Forum Resident

My L-505u has these 3 buttons like the L-507u. The “Separate” button has no delay when pushed so it is a “simple button”. That being said, I’ve had this thing for 14 years now and there is not a hint of static in any of its controls. Thanks for the question.

15. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus Active Member

Thank you!

16. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

Thanks for the answer!

17. dover1968

dover1968 Forum Resident

Not sure about biasing, but I believe Luxman claims the tubes should be good for 10 years with normal use.

georgebz1 likes this.
  18. dover1968

dover1968 Forum Resident

Looks like it could last for 95 years.:D

19. RWBadley

RWBadley Not an Animal

my L595ase arrived last week. Looks just like this.

#291 of 300.

It is still settling in. I have been adjusting the subs a bit running from the pre outs.

At this point I would say it has brought a new level of righteousness to the system. A level of realism, dynamics and transparency that is a step above the very enjoyable L590. Quite impressed yes.

Douglas Lam, jonwoody and inzite like this.
  20. jcn3

jcn3 Forum Resident

@georgebz1 -- i have a sq-n150 and really like it. i just learned this, but apparently the bias should be checked every two or three years. i'm comfortable doing that myself -- if you're not, your dealer should be more than happy to do it (it should only take 15 minutes or so). of course, if you're a tube roller then you would need to bias the amp every time you change the tubes. @dover1968 is correct in that the circuit is designed such that the tubes will last an incredibly long time.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    georgebz1 and struttincool like this.
  21. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

@georgebz1 I installed some vintage el84's and biased them myself. It's a little trickier than many tube amps. You have to go out at from the bottom and space is kind of tight. If you have a dealer do it watch them and have them show you what they're doing.

jcn3 likes this.
  22. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

Cool to see the photos.
    I had a Luxman system in the mid 80’s.
    It was the hybrid line.
    Tube and SS.
    The amp was an LV 105.
    Had the CD player and tuner as well.
    Very warm sound.

23. georgebz1

georgebz1 Remember 1939. Stop Putin Now.

Thanks for that information, jcn3. I didn't know about that 2-3 year check. I think I'd like the sound of the amp but with the nearest dealer being in Nashville about 2 hours away from me, I'll probably pass since I don't drive in city traffic anymore. Sounds like a really nice amp though.

24. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Not sure why they lost the meters on this one, really a down grade in the aesthetics department. imo

Bananas&blow likes this.
  25. terzinator

terzinator boots lost in transit

I go back and forth on it. Part of me thinks it's gorgeous, and a serious piece of equipment. But part of me thinks the traditional dual-meter design is absolute perfection.

All those buttons on the front make look like the amp offers all kinds of fine-tuning options, but they're just input selections, which the traditional integrateds handle with a single knob.

Would love to hear it tho!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.