Let's see those Luxman!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by inzite, Sep 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilusndweller

Ilusndweller S.H.M.F.=>Reely kewl.

I went in the opposite direction as far as amplification. I purchased my first "real" stereo in 94 (POS Sony 900ES receiver, POS Sony CDP-8ES CD changer, and POS 60ES DAT -nice DAT except for the "fragile metal skeleton frame" transport). In about 96 I swapped out the 900ES receiver for the 81 M120a and the Creek OBH-12(new). I bypassed the L and R volume pots on the M120A and used the remote controllable OBH-12. The remote control on the Creek went out after about 5 years and that was the only way to switch inputs (3) so now it is a non remote controllable level/volume control. Havent used it in 19 years.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  2. draden1

draden1 Forum Resident

Just saw this thread, gorgeous stuff! Here’s another EQ-500 phono preamp.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  3. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

A phono stage with VU meters.:cool:

Looks lovely that.:edthumbs:

4. inzite

inzite Forum Resident Thread Starter

just got my E250 from japan and here it is - originally thought the internal phono in my 505ux sounded very silent already but this one takes it up a notch... can't imagine how much nicer it would be on the EQ500!! Still breaking it in and can't wait to see if there are further improvements.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Davey

Davey NP: Brian Eno ~ Ambient 4: On Land (1982 LP)

Very nice, but you really need to get those speakers off the shelf :)

Mintsauce and Roycer like this.
  6. inzite

haha yes, when the kids move out of the family room i'll be moving the set up into there and get stands, this will do for now. Haven't heard any feedback or see any woofer pumping since I put on the isonoes and seated the table behind the plane of the speaker domes.

7. Seafinch

Seafinch Preferred Patron

This arrived yesterday...

[​IMG]

8. inzite

true beauty!

Seafinch likes this.
  9. ThorensSme

ThorensSme Forum Resident

What a table. Love it. Please let us know how it stacks up!

Monty12, Andy Saunders and Seafinch like this.
  10. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Damn that thing is gorgeous!

Monty12, Seafinch and Andy Saunders like this.
  11. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

That is one shexhy piece of kit.:edthumbs:

Seafinch likes this.
  12. Apesbrain

Apesbrain Forum Resident

Nice to see this table again. Owned one for many years. Great platform for my Dynavector 20A2 and Grace F9E.

13. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

love that cl38, looks so cool the sound almost doesn't matter.....

Doctorwu likes this.
  14. oktapod

oktapod Forum Resident

[​IMG]

My L590AX-II, alongside a Mjolnir KGSSHV Mini (for my Stax 007mk1) and below, a Bluesound streamer, Cambridge CDX transport and out of shot a Mytek Brooklyn DAC. Oh yes, and a Rega Planar 8 with Apheta 2 on a shelf.

[​IMG]

With one of my cats, Zappa, and one of my dogs, Suki.... both enjoying the music :)

15. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Is that the 1050? I had an 1120 for a number of years, bought new in 1979. One of those I wish I still had for nostalgia's sake.

JohnK

Slimwhit33 and cat9 like this.
  16. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

It is indeed 1050

Tim 2 likes this.
  17. Tone?

Tone? Forum Resident

Sheesh now I want one

18. Slimwhit33

Slimwhit33 Forum Resident

Looking forward to hearing your impressions!

Andy Saunders, Seafinch and Rolltide like this.
  19. harvard75

harvard75 Forum Resident

Here's my 40 year old R 1050, freshly back from a cleaning, tuneup and refurbishing at a local (excellent!) audio repair shop. In storage for the last couple decades, but back in use now! It looks and sounds terrific, and makes my Advent Legacy speakers sound great too!

(Edit: Oops...image went away. Can't figure out how to post on this forum. Anyway, the 1050 looks just like the one higher up in this thread. Enjoying it all over again. )

cat9 likes this.
  20. mhr1229

mhr1229 Forum Resident

I was planning to post a picture of my M700u but it appears that it is only possible to post pictures that are stored on the Internet. That could be the reason why so many old pictures are gone from this site. The posters no longer store them were they were once did. I understand that there would be considerable cost involved for those who run this site to pay for the storage necessary to store pictures but it does significantly reduce the usability of the site.

Oh well, you'll just have to imagine an M700u sitting in a bespoke wooden rack. Lovely piece of gear.

hifisoup likes this.
  21. Davey

Davey NP: Brian Eno ~ Ambient 4: On Land (1982 LP)

Seems like a pretty trivial thing to upload your pictures to a site like imgur and then link here, plus you can manage them much better, and even edit or delete later if you want. Doesn't diminish the usability of this place at all for me, but guess I can see your point. It never really felt like much of an inconvenience for me, but I realize a lot of people do seem to complain about it and refrain from posting pictures, so must be something there.

22. Otlset

Otlset It's always something.

The problem is the image hosting sites sometimes go defunct, or else start wanting you to pay for their service (photobucket), which I refuse to do. So unfortunately there are many of my past posts with no picture where I originally posted one. It's aggravating to see, but probably not worth re-posting the picture as a reply to the post where it was deleted by the hosting site.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  23. fish

fish Senior Member

24. mhr1229

mhr1229 Forum Resident

Yes, I guess finding a posting site is not an insurmountable problem. I suppose I could also just put them on an open folder on Dropbox and link to it. Requires that I refresh my Dropbox skills though. Haven’t used it in years.

It’s just that it is another thing that would require some involvement on my behalf and I’m interested in Hi-Fi, not computer stuff.

25. fish

fish Senior Member

Luxman R-1050 (late 70's)
    Haven't had this in my main system for a long time.
    Im rather shocked how good it is. All original, got it from the original owner years ago.
    It Needs to be Refreshed, some minor repairs. Cleaned and maybe re-capped.

The sound is very good still. Nice Soundstage, detail, deep rich bass, not bright and the Punch is surprising. Great rhythm. Very Musical.
    Ive used it along with an old 70s Sansui, early 80s Kyocera, 00's Pioneer Elite AV Receiver in Alt systems in the house. It was always better than the others.

It has 2 phono inputs, 2 tapes and an Aux. I dont think Ive Ever used the Phono section. I'll try it but the switches and pots need to be cleaned!

Any Luman owners have recommendations for refurbishing? There a place in Syracuse NY...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.