Let's talk about our masterings of ALVEAR (Led Zep, AC/DC, CCR, Young ... others spanish treasures..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Christophe Lethimonnier, Nov 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Christophe Lethimonnier

Christophe Lethimonnier Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. TheHutt

TheHutt Forum Resident

Now I have l̶o̶s̶t̶ m̶y̶ v̶i̶r̶g̶i̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ got my first ALVEAR pressing.

LZ Untitled (IV), A9 / B6 matrix. Both with the wave symbol.
    Unfortunately, the record is a bit dusty, so I need to have it washed first, before giving it a spin.

3. Christophe Lethimonnier

4. Christophe Lethimonnier

5. Christophe Lethimonnier

Hello dear contributor,

In the title of this second thread, I should have specified that you have to click on the following link:

let's talk about our pressing of ALVEAR (Led Zep, AC / DC, CCR, Young ... and others ...)

...to be able to discuss our experiences with the pressings remastered by ALVEAR, and incidentally, Spanish pressings or even later, foreign pressings (except US or UK pressings, widely discussed)!

I invite you to share your experience with us.

Christophe

Postscript: Congratulations on your first ALVEAR pressing! I hope it will give you complete satisfaction? Otherwise what's it like to see the little wave for real ?! ;-)

LZ Untitled (IV), A9 / B6 matrix. Both with the wave symbol.
    Unfortunately, the record is a bit dusty, so I need to have it washed first, before giving it a spin.

6. Christian Evans

Christian Evans Forum Resident

Today went record shopping, new store with used vinyl and found myself with Zappa´s Bongo Fury. After first inspection, Hispavox, looks good...took the record out, shiny vinyl NM at sight, lets look at the deadwax, no... no sign of Alvear...but wait... there is some light marking... the waves!!! the waves!!!
    Just coming from cleaning and 5 minutes, 3 tracks sampled, amazing!!! So fresh sounding, the mono like soundstage with a punch, like my A9/B4 Zeppelin III. I only have a high res digital copy of Bongo Fury to compare, but I find difficult to hear a better release, so my search for a good sounding Bongo Fury is over.

7. Christophe Lethimonnier

Great dear @Christian Evans !

I am happy for you and your enthusiasm is contagious! But can you repost your post on the old "ALVEAR" thread, please?

That would be great !

Here :

let's talk about our pressing of ALVEAR (Led Zep, AC / DC, CCR, Young ... and others ...)

Merci !

Christophe :tiphat:

8. TheHutt

TheHutt Forum Resident

Gave another listen to IV cut by Alvear.
    Much better this time, actually. Pretty cool.

Will be in Barcelona in the fall. Is Spain worth checking out in terms of these babies, or has it run dry?

9. Christophe Lethimonnier