let's talk about our pressing of ALVEAR (Led Zep, AC / DC, CCR, Young ... and others ...)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Christophe Lethimonnier, Oct 22, 2021.

1. multirock

multirock Forum Resident

WOW! Good news!
    Every copies of "Primeras grabaciones" from The Doors, Yes and others that I have found so far has the stamped matrix. And the only Doors album mastered by Marta Alvear that I have found is Morrison Hotel. For that reason I had stopped looking for more copies. So now, a new begginnig!

Suso and dee like this.
  2. multirock

multirock Forum Resident

And getting closer to the Marta Alvear work, I transalate here a comment about her work written by a team partner of hers in Hispavox. I found it very emotional, regardin everything we have talked here about her work.
    "Sadly I don't know what happens to her. What I can say clearly is she was an exceptional sound technician, specially doing the acetate cutting. Work that she made manually, following the grooves as they were created with a microscope, and cleaning them with a special paintbrush, so the dust that the diamond cut gave off does not accumulate when the grooves were created. It was really wonderful to see her work, with the care and precision that she did it. To her we owe, for the most part, the sound quality of the Hispavox LP from those years. Most of the other record companies did the cutting automatically..."
    What do you think?
    All these records that we enjoy are product of a work done with delicacy, care and precision.

Man at C&A, Suso, dee and 1 other person like this.
  3. Freddy's Dead

Freddy's Dead Forum Resident

Hello, my A8/B8 has the extra writing. I took a pic but don't see how to uplaod directly to this forum/thread.

4. Freddy's Dead

Thank you! I will add the PG to my want-list. I had a non-Alvear Spanish PG arrive yesterday just to see what that sounds like. I hope to listen to it tonight.

5. Christophe Lethimonnier

Christophe Lethimonnier Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi !

Try postimages...easy!

Christophe

6. Freddy's Dead

thanks, let's try this:
    a8b8 ii — Postimages
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  7. Freddy's Dead

[​IMG] ok got it I think.
    [​IMG]

Suso and Christophe Lethimonnier like this.
  8. Suso

Suso Well-Known Member

Oh, Many thanks, and also to Christophe. I just got a LDII A9/B9 and also have the extra writing. As Cristophe said, then this extra text is on A8 and A9 copies.
    Just hear a little bit if the A9/B9 and It also sounds terrific. Will have more time at the weekend to do some blind tests with the diferent LDII pressings and give my humble opinion.

9. Suso

Suso Well-Known Member

I Will upload some pictures of the Matrix soon. If you are a Doors fan then Inwish taht you colud get the waiting for the Sun alvear pressing. I was blown away, organs sound very rich and even the guitar, that sound really thin in others versions, sound fuller. It si not the best Doors album by far but this pressing is awesome.

10. Christophe Lethimonnier

I finish my work in a few minutes. I eat and I will post the Led Zep ll RL HD audio files (mint copy!) and the A8/B8. The two have one thing in common: a unique mastering!

My needledrops are good enough for you to get a good idea of the two monsters!

;-) Christophe

multirock and Suso like this.
  11. Christophe Lethimonnier

Is there some sort of rhombus or diamond in each die? I also own this pressing. very good but the ALVEAR mastering is above; cut louder (always a good initiative!) but above all a more three-dimensional soundstage and even more realism! Great pressing!!!

Christophe

12. dee

dee Senior Member

I would like to read what someone in the technical process of vinyl cutting, record manufacturing thinks of this? @??

Great research Esteban!

Is your source by chance any name on the Hispavox Discogs page? They have many names listed of engineers, producers, executives. Just curious. A simple yes or no would be fine with me, just curious.

13. Freddy's Dead

Thanks but sadly, no diamonds either, the runouts show:

side 1 HSWS 681 01 A 2
    side 2 HSWS 681 01 B 4
    side 3 HSWS 681 02 A 4
    side 4 HSWS 681 02 B 2

But maybe some good news when I listen to later tonight. That's all that matters.

14. Christophe Lethimonnier

Stamped or hand-written? Little wave in deadwax?!

15. Freddy's Dead

unfortunately just stamped and no wave. It was sold as NM and looks that way so I'm excited to listen to. I don't think it will beat my UK 1st but like to hear different flavors of my favorite albums. Maybe I should have waited for one of Marta's but....didn't want to. :)

16. Christophe Lethimonnier

I feel like you're describing the Led Zep ll A8/B8 to me!
    That's why I love Spanish pressings so much; there is a frequency fullness that I rarely manage to find in other countries! Sometimes but rarely!

Christophe

Suso likes this.
  17. multirock

multirock Forum Resident

Martin De La Plaza | Discography | Discogs

Unfortunately, he hasn't answer any of my messages asking more info about Marta Alvear or his work.

Suso, dee and Christophe Lethimonnier like this.
  18. Christophe Lethimonnier

I will post the HD audio files of Led Zep ll RL (mint copy!) and ALVEAR A8/B8 this afternoon! promise guys!

Christophe

Suso and multirock like this.
  19. dee

dee Senior Member

20. al2813

al2813 Forum Resident

Just opened the package with zero patience. I bought this one on pure hunch as the seller could not give a lot of info. LZ IV - Alvear A8/B4. 45 EUR including shipping and the LP looks VG++ - NM. The jacket looks NEW. I cannot wait to listen to it tonight.

21. Christophe Lethimonnier

22. Suso

Suso Well-Known Member

What a great transfers Cristophe!

Many thanks

23. multirock

multirock Forum Resident

Fantastic! Many thanks Christophe!
    I think both copies are great in their own way, and the differences only give to us more chances to enjoy this music. If I would choose the RL for personal musical taste, I don't think that subtle differences worth the hundreds €/$ of difference between both. RL are overvalued or Alvear is undervalued.

24. Christophe Lethimonnier

Give me time to eat and I'll try to post a review tonight where I detail the main qualities of these two monsters!

Clash of the titans!

multirock likes this.
  25. Christophe Lethimonnier

Merci Suso !

I will post the A side of my second copy of the monstrous A8/B8...stamper 1.2 as soon as possible. It is completely cleaned; not the crack on the title "The lemon song".

Not Critophe or Cristophe...but Christophe ! :D:D:D:winkgrin: