LG DVD-Audio player

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Joel1963, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member Thread Starter

In Montreal, no DVD-Audio player sells for less than about $225 before taxes, and the lower price is for a Panasonic that only plays 2-channel DVD-Audio. Now I've come across an LG DVD-Audio player for only $119. Anyone know about this brand- is it for real? Any good?

2. Damián

Damián Forum Hall Of Fame

It's everywhere over here. I don't think it's much good. But you might want to wait for better-informed folks to respond.

Edit: In the meantime, here's their site- you might want to look up the model or something. Does LG really stand for 'life's good', though? :sigh:

3. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

I believe it is actually a little stranger than that and LG stands (or stood) for Lucky Goldstar :D

Andrew :cool:

4. GabeG

GabeG New Member

How about a model number?

5. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

LG makes GREAT Cell Phones....I'm on my 3rd...

6. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

LG is the GE of Korea. They actually do make some very good products like washer/dryers, refrigerators, even Large Screen TV's.

Like Samsung, Korean brands are really coming on in the marketplace.

7. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Thanks for that, John. I was wondering where this "new brand" had come from. I am starting to see it everywhere, and wasn't sure if it was a high end brand of a middle of the pack company, or if it was another "Goldstar" type brand.

8. bluelobster

bluelobster New Member

Not a new brand, It has been around awhile. About 5 years ago I bought a CD-RW because it was rated better than the top Sony (I think) at the time using a Sony transport. They seem fairly proficient when they do something.

9. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Mikey--we could take that a couple of different ways, y'know. ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.