Linda Ronstadt - "Simple Dreams" ~ best sounding CD?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by windfall, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windfall

windfall Senior Member Thread Starter

Has Linda's Simple Dreams album ever had the DCC or MFSL treatment? It's always been my favourite album of hers. I have heard great things about her Greatest Hits II on DCC, but was wondering if there is a particularly good issue of Simple Dreams. If there is no special remastering available, is the Japanese release likely to sound better? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Stevie

2. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

I don't think so. I have the WG Target and it's great.

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

A West German target of Simple Dreams? I don't think so. ;)

It's not listed here:

http://www.ralphscomiccorner.com/cdjwg2.htm

For the record, I have the original Japanese pressing (non-target), and it's excellent. Perhaps the U.S. pressing from Elektra sounds the same.

4. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Keith, as usual when it comes to Target, is right. It's the Japanese. My bad. Long day. And I agree with him, it's excellent.

5. windfall

windfall Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. If anyone has ever compared the Japanese and the US versions, it would be good to know. Otherwise I may go for the Japanese pressing to be safe. Is the Japanese one of those mini LP sleeve replicas, or standard jewel case?

thanks again
    Stevie

6. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Stevie, I have not compared the Japanese and U.S. pressings. Note, however, that the Japanese pressing is no longer in print. Mark and I were referring to the Japanese pressing that served as the original U.S. release in the mid-'80s. It was released in a jewel case, and the catalog number for this Japanese pressing is the same as that for the current U.S. pressing. As you may know, the first CDs released in the U.S. were pressed in West Germany or Japan since there were no CD pressing plants in the U.S. at the time. Getting back to Simple Dreams, it could very well be that the mastering for any U.S. pressing released over the years is identical to that of the original Japanese pressing. Try a U.S. pressing. The original Japanese pressing is quite rare, but if you can find one, all the better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.