Lindsay Lohan caught lip-syncing

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kwadguy, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

And after this story ran in the news, too.
    Lindsay Lohan Says She Doesn't Want To Lip Sync

Mon Dec 6, 7:00 AM ET

LAUNCH Radio Networks

Lindsay Lohan has a full week of TV appearances lined up to promote her new album, Speak, which comes out Tuesday (December 7). But Lohan promises there will be no lip syncing miscues a la Ashlee Simpson (news), telling LAUNCH that she and her producers were careful to choose and record material that fit her vocal range and style.

"I wanna be able to sing stuff to show that I have a voice and I can actually project," Lohan said. "And I wanna find things I'm not gonna have to lip sync to, and that, when I sing it in the studio, it's something that I could also sing live and sound just as good as I did on the CD."

Lohan performs Monday (December 6) on ABC's Good Morning America, Tuesday (December 7) on MTV's TRL, and Thursday (December 9) on Live With Regis & Kelly.

Lohan recorded Speak while she was also filming Herbie: Fully Loaded, an update of the Walt Disney family movie the Love Bug. She worked with eight producers and 20 songwriters, co-writing five of the songs herself.

Lohan hopes to tour in 2005 but has not yet announced any dates.

For more news at LAUNCH, click here :p

2. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Was she drunk or something? I've never heard the song before, and think I could do a better job lip synching it than she did. I thought she was supposed to be an actor? Not a very convincing job there, Ms. Lohan...

3. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Personally, I dont think there is nothing wrong with lip synching for a TV presentation. Elvis, the Beatles, the Stones, everyone has done it. Now doing it in concert for a bunch of people that paid to listen to an artist perform, its different. I dont see what is the big deal really...

4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Is that some sort of self-stimulation euphemism? ;)

5. lou

lou Fast 'n Bulbous

She did not lipsynch on Ellen yesterday - she also wasn't particularly good. But her raspy speaking voice - I could listen to it all day.

6. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I thought she was something when I first saw "The Parent Trap" at the movies with my kids a few years ago.

It was nice to see a Long Island girl (Merrick) do well.

It does seem that these days she is a bit over-hyped and needs to tone it down a bit.

I just hope she isn't like her father who seems to get arrested here on Long Island once a week.

One night while I was working a night shift I heard a call to 911 from her father stating that his wife had tried to run him over with her SUV while drunk. They live on the post just north of me. That family is nuts. They have private 24 hour security protection from each other! Not rabid fans, from each other.

7. audiofool

audiofool Senior Member

Wasn't particularly good ?

She was singing flat and off-key throughout the whole performance is more like it, IIRC. The band seemed to be playing pretty well, but the vocal was just brutal !

After the break, she tried to put it down to recovering from larynghitis.

Funny, but I always thought that was a term for losing your voice, not for coming off as tone deaf.

8. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Maybe I'm picky, but she ain't all that hot. :confused:

9. AveryKG

AveryKG Sultan of snacks

For some strange reason that reminded me of some critique I vaguely remember reading of the recurrence of the letter L in girls' names and how its supposed to be kind of sensual. Thus you have Lana Lang and Lois Lane in the Superman comics, and Nabokov's Lolita.

Not sure it works for Lindsay Lohan, though it sure did for Lexus Locklear (pre-boob job of course). :)

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I see no problem either, Is anyone listening to her singing anyway?

11. billdcat

billdcat Well-Known Member

picture posted

The posted picture of her says "don't believe rumors"...

Well, if the rumor is that you have talent,

trust me, I WON'T believe it .

12. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

I am actually somewhat involved with this record and believe me, I have no personal interest in it whatsoever. The single is so Britney Spears from 5 years ago, it's not even funny and the rest is basically warmed over Ashlee Simpson.

I did not see the GMA appearance live, but I was annoyed to hear about the little lip-synching snafu and later saw it online. The problem is that she had never performed live before, hence the need for stupid backing tapes. With that in mind, I think they curtailed her performances until this latest one on Ellen, which I have not seen yet. I'm not saying she is a good singer by any stretch, but she did come in at #4 this week with over 260k sold, so her record is off to a decent start for whatever that's worth.

To brag for a second, I received an 8x10 of myself with Lindsay with a handwritten note from her just this morning. Of course, I look like crap and have a double chin in the photo that really doesn't exist (damn cameras...)! She on the other hand, while looking somewhat normal, but still attractive in person, looks absolutely stunning in the photo and is obviously someone famous.

13. audiofool

audiofool Senior Member

One of the Disposable Zeros of Hip-popracy.

14. lou

lou Fast 'n Bulbous

What happened to singers who sing and perform live, and then are signed to record deals and record? Rather than signing someone to a record deal who someone thinks will sell based on image alone, and then recording them, and then having them sing live for the first time? It makes it clear that LL is commercial product only, made to order no different from the Partridge Family - except that Keith Partridge could sing!

15. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

:agree: Shirley Jones too.

16. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

While I don't question many of today's signings as an attempt to market a good looking person, I can't help but think that there are instances when artists and bands maybe aren't as great as people remember and we only have their great studio recordings to judge them on.

I am just playing devil's advocate here (not trying to start a fight...), but Led Zeppelin, for example, has reached mythical status, but everyone I've met who saw Led Zeppelin in the mid to late 70s said they were absolutely horrible live. I've heard a few bootlegs and one in particular I recall, Robert Plant pretty much talked his way through some of the songs. Yet, their legend lives on in studio recordings played countless times on FM rock stations due to Jimmy Page's production work and the ability to retake vocals.

In many cases, a lot of older bands have live recordings that go from slightly doctored to not even being live at all. Many of these bands are heralded as the absolute pinnacle of music. The Who, KI$$, The Stones, Zeppelin, etc. Now, how great were these bands really when in some cases there is no evidence to look back on except a few TV appearances of which some might be lipsynched? Or their live records (including pieces of individual songs) are assembled from multiple nights?

I can't help but think that it's the material that's held up so well over the years and that people's memory of "a band being amazing" is certainly clouded by that. Also, when seeing a band in one's youth might also not be as discriminating an experience when you are just happy to be in the same room as your favorite band and ,in a few cases, be under the influence of alcohol or whatever else. I know that in 15+ years, my ability to discern a good performance from a bad one has certainly improved.

Like I said, just playing devil's advocate...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.