Lindsey Buckingham Heart Surgery

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hole Got Fixed, Feb 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

PhilBorder and Jackstar74 like this.
  2. Jackstar74

Jackstar74 Forum Resident

That's why I'm on Double Secret Probation (whatever the hell that is...)

Darrin L. likes this.
  3. Fannymac

Fannymac Forum Resident

Considering there is an album in the can, I would think it's more a matter of when, vs. if!

4. MichaelSmith

MichaelSmith Forum Resident

I saw him live a few weeks before the heart attack and his vocals were flawless. I was surprised how great he sounded.

5. Lynd8

Lynd8 Forum Resident

I just checked out his web site to see if any news and apparently he's booked for the Memphis Beale Street festival May 1 2020 and also the following days. Anyone else have news?

Lindsey Buckingham tour

6. WalkAThinLine

WalkAThinLine Forum Resident

not known yet which day he will perform, full lineup is not announced yet - but that's fantastic news!

MikaelaArsenault and Hep Alien like this.
  7. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Mick Fleetwood on His Peter Green Tribute Show, Future Plans, and Lindsey Buckingham

So, here's this.

Seems to me the last time Mick made definitive statements like this, they were all a lot younger.

He states: "The situation was no secret. We were not happy. It was not working, and we parted company. And that really is the all of it."

My follow up question would have began: "But yet four of you recorded an entire album just prior to his firing..."

I know I'm biased, but Mick doesn't come out of this article well.

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

it is! lucky guy...

9. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Agree. Thought same thing. Says he never has spoken to LB since the heart attack. That’s not a life long g
    Friend. That’s a legal position.

10. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

I'm pretty much done with Fleetwood Mac after this whole episode. Love the music from the classic five but Mick stricks me as a bit of a weasel and at this point I really wouldn't care to hear any new music from the group.

Hope Buckingham does well and they all pursue whatever music they like but Fleetwood Mac should be left in the past as far as I'm concerned.

11. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Agreed. There were internal band politics and a business dispute, but Lindsey almost died, and after all of their history, one would think Mick would have reached out to him on a personal level.

12. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Completely agree. Lindsey is certainly no angel, but didn't he let Mick basically live in the his front yard while Mick was bankrupt (before Lindsey cannibalized one of his albums and reunited with the band making them all millions)?

13. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

Can you point me to more info on the recorded album. Are you referring to a solo record or Fleetwood Mac before they split? Thanks.

Also thanks for sharing the link.

14. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Sad to say I agree. There was a lot of "romance" with the story and yeah I know a lot of that swirls around the Lindsey/Stevie dynamic.

But this whole business seems different to me now. It's cold, and with Fleetwood Mac there always seemed to be some sort of optimism that it'll all come together one day. Not so much now.

15. Fannymac

Fannymac Forum Resident

It's a solo album of Lindsey's, tentatively titled "Blue Light." It's been mentioned in numerous articles about him over the last three years.

16. domesticmachine

Reading the RS article about Lindsey after Mac and this quote now stands out.

“The husband of Lindsey’s niece is a drum technician on Fleetwood Mac’s road crew. Buckingham’s advice to him: “Mick is still a great guy. Don’t be anything other than a centered, grounded person for him. Do your job well.”

Granted I don’t know these people but at least Lindsey is trying to make himself look good in the press.

17. Hawkfire269

Hawkfire269 Forum Resident

To echo what others have said, Mick Fleetwood says whatever is most politically convenient at the time, past statements be damned. He's all about trying to cash in the largest possible check he can, and lord knows he needs it, after how many divorces/bankruptcy proceedings/powder up his nose he's gone through. Mick has to be a candidate on the shortlist for worst musician businessman of all time. Buckingham 3 times dragged a drugged-out group across the line to produce Tusk/Mirage/Tango, the latter a still underrated masterwork that he spliced together out of basically a solo album and some strong McVie singles.

The 2018-19 tour was extremely professional but it was a faux supergroup that lacked the emotion and intensity without Buckingham. They have no future in recording (Neil Finn and Mike Campbell have already returned to their respective bands, and good on them), and probably won't ever tour again (some of them are, ahem, old). And the one at the center of Buckingham's firing will play sheds and twirl around but it's a tired, hollow act. A sad postscript to the career of one of the world's greatest, strangest, and most volatile bands ever.

18. domesticmachine

Well said.

As I’m reflecting on the Lindsey tour from 2018 in light of your comments, I saw the opening show in Portland and it was absolutely jaw dropping. I wasn’t sure what to expect but the guy is a perfectionist through and through. It was wonderful to see him play some of those songs, even from the first couple solo records live for the first time and celebrate his solo work.

It’s so heartening to hear he’s got a show scheduled.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  19. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

As I've learned time and time again, the relationship between band members will be the opposite of what it was a few years prior. I wouldn't be surprised if they do some sort of one-off concert in 2020 assuming Buckingham is healthy.

Ryan Lux and Hep Alien like this.
  20. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

You think he'll go from saying never again to playing a show with him, in the same year?

21. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

Right on brother! :righton:

22. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

With this band, you would never wager a bet against it.

WalkAThinLine, Hep Alien and Ryan Lux like this.
  23. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

In this Australian interview Nicks never smiles and looks like she is NOT enjoying the recent ride. She seems very unhappy and demanding. It has Christine and Neil Finn too. Interesting but I can't imagine being in a band or stuck on tour with her for any length of time.

WalkAThinLine and Ghost of Ziggy like this.
  24. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Confident he'll steer well away from all the negative energy from his former colleagues.
    He's been down one time, he's been down two times, he's been down three times, been down at least four times now. He's never going back again.
    I would pay good money to see him perform with just his acoustic guitar, without any band; doesn't even need rehearsals.

25. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

I’m just surprised Christine has stuck around, she didn’t want to come back even with the classic line up, for a long time. I’m guessing her money started to run out.

keyXVII and WalkAThinLine like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.