Lindsey Buckingham Heart Surgery

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hole Got Fixed, Feb 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

Tough indeed - excellent news that he's recovering. I wish him all the best. Heart disease takes years to manifest and get to the point where surgery is required. Ventilators can sometimes cause damage but sometimes not. My Dad had one for a week or so once. His voice was fine afterwards.

2. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

Of course my Dad wasn't a singer - although he did have a nice baritone. :cool:

3. supersquonk

supersquonk Forum Resident

Sad news. I saw Lindsey solo a few months ago, performing solo, and he could still sing his ass off. (And of course plays the guitar effortlessly.)

Hope those vocal chords heal fast.

4. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

Very true, but still one can't help but wonder if the stress from the situation contributed as well. His wife did state it had been a very rough year.

WalkAThinLine likes this.
  5. Groggy

Groggy Forum Resident

Was that a permanent thing, or only temporary?

6. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Wonder if there will be any mention of this from the FM stage in the upcoming weeks shows.

7. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Best wishes and hopes to Lindsey for a full recovery and that his family is OK during this time as well.

longdist01 likes this.
  8. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

Sending positive thoughts and best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery. We need you Lindsey.

WalkAThinLine likes this.
  9. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

And replacing LB with a Petty(not sure if you were using a clever way with the word Petty in your post) Guitar Player(although a good one at that, but LB was Fleetwood Mac to me).

musicaner likes this.
  10. FredV

FredV Senior Member

11. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

This is tough news. I hope Lindsey has a quick and complete recovery.

12. INSW

INSW Senior Member

Hope he makes a full recovery. Then I hope he continues to enjoy his life.

I had two uncles who died in their late 60s, and they were old men. I have two friends who are 72 and they can barely walk.

We keep thinking so and so should make a new record or how come so and so hasn't written any new songs in ten years? They seem vaguely ageless but they're not. They're senior citizens.

Most of them will continue to seem vaguely ageless until the moment they pass.

13. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Lindsey lost his father (who was in his 50s) and his brother (who was in his 40s!) to heart related causes. His brother, I believe, actually had a heart attack.

So, Fleetwood Mac's treatment, his drug use, etc aside, sometime there is no escaping genetics.

Now, don't get me started on FM's weak and almost cold statement. I expected a bit more.

keyXVII and Chris DeVoe like this.
  14. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

It would be quite interesting if that because of his family history (and perhaps information we don't have) Lindsey was too expensive to insure for a long arena tour, and this was the reason he and Fleetwood Mac split ways. The story they concocted preserved his privacy while still was stunning enough to generate a ton of publicity.

Obviously this is a cockamamie theory, but again if true, would be a very interesting development.

15. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

This really shouldn't be seen as an opportunity to give FM a kicking. LB is stable and in the best place he could be, things at this point are almost certainly on the up for him. The FM situation is irrelevant at a time like this and is probably the last thing he or his family are worried about right now.

Witchy Woman, davenav and Fannymac like this.
  16. Fannymac

Fannymac Forum Resident

Considering his dad died at 58 and his brother (who was an Olympic swimmer) at 46, I think it's most definitely hereditary.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  17. Fannymac

Fannymac Forum Resident

Well, we know there's a new album in the can, awaiting release later this year....will be interesting to see if that still happens now!

18. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

I hope he makes a full recovery.

I will not speculate on what may have precipitated this as my medical training is strictly related to watching some medical dramas on television... ;)

Sending positive thoughts and best wishes to Mr. Buckingham, his family and friends and a special shout out to his medical caregivers!

JL6161, Panama Hotel and Fannymac like this.
  19. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

good vibes his way.

gregorya likes this.
  20. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

When I went to the Hospital for Herniated Disc Surgery, I kept asking for Dr. House or Dr. Cox. Maybe it was the Morphine:doh:

Panama Hotel and gregorya like this.
  21. maybe it's stress and anger related to the long-term effects of having one's personal life subjected to continual scrutiny and dissection by strangers gossiping on the Internet. That one-way surveillance mirror.

DesertHermit and quicksrt like this.
  22. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

AKA "The Garment of Dignity."
    Same here!

23. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

What sad news. Get well soon, Lindsey.

24. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

Great picture, already you can see the gleam back in his eyes. [​IMG]

keyXVII, supermd, Lonecat and 8 others like this.
  25. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Aw, Geez, feel better soon, Lindsey!!

One of my favorite guitarists, not to mention favorite singers, not to mention favorite producers, not to mention favorite songwriters!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.