Lindsey Buckingham Heart Surgery

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hole Got Fixed, Feb 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's tough news, but most important thing is the surgery was successful.

And did the members of FM really all send out the exact same message, word for word, on the band and their personal accounts? Kinda weird.

2. Nothing4Free

Nothing4Free Forum Resident

Yeah, doesn't sound terribly spontaneous...well at least they (or their PR company) did something.

3. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

It just sounds so obligatory. These people have no heart.

mando_dan, showtaper and melstapler like this.
  4. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Did Stevie Nicks have something to say about this?

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Wishing you a full recovery, Lindsey. Stay strong!

MikaelaArsenault and Terry like this.
  6. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

A wish for a healthy recovery to one of my favorite artists. He's already given a lifetime of great songs. It's sad to read about the possible vocal cord damage but new songs or not, thank you, ...and get well soon!

2141 likes this.
  7. robcar

robcar Forum Resident

It strikes me that it was a very good thing that LB wasn’t out on tour with Fleetwood Mac when this occurred. Divine intervention, perhaps.

keyXVII, Panama Hotel, 2141 and 6 others like this.
  8. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

If nothing else, I'm pretty sure he's got an album in the can that he plans to release within the next or so.

WalkAThinLine and The MEZ like this.
  9. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

Stevie will get dragged over the coals no matter what she does.

A few simpletons are already blaming her for Lindsey's heart trouble. The Ledge forum is full of grown adults acting like 14-year-old girls on the ATRL forum.

10. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

It's pretty cold. Everyone is lawyered up. But even still... Pretty damn cold.

thewolfshead likes this.
  11. chewy

chewy Forum Resident

Finally someone said it. Lindsey timeline really has worked out for the better this way after all. If he'd been out on the road of course things could of even been more worse than current status-

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

It's freaky. Mick, Christie and the person who posts for the band have the exact same thought. It's as if they're on entirely the same wavelength. No wonder they're in the same band.

johnny moondog 909 and gregorya like this.
  13. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

Unless the same person/team operates all their accounts. I mean, it would probably have looked better if they had varied the words between the three accounts, but it has the same meaning regardless. I doubt the band has much to do with posting to their accounts directly.

walrus, MikaelaArsenault and Fullbug like this.
  14. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

Nuts that I was seeing him in concert on opening night of tour in Portland just over 3 months ago - I took these and he ended up using them on his Social Media

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

So, in a way, Stevie Nicks saved his life. :angel:

It's good to see him sitting up and recovering now. Film maker and pod-caster Kevin Smith recently had very serious heart surgery following a heart attack and was back amongst it only a few weeks later saying how he felt better than he had in years. He's subsequently got a lot healthier and loves life more than he ever did before. LB's heart attack may be the start of a much happier and more relaxed life.

Sometimes we need a kick in the a**e to put things into perspective - even if it is too much f'ing perspective. It's good to see him on the mend.

Panama Hotel and Golden Richards like this.
  16. Bill

Bill Senior Member

March 29: Rock Hall Induction Ceremony, including Stevie Nicks.
    Mark it on your calendar: this will be something.

chewy likes this.
  17. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I doubt anyone in FM even knows how to log into their own twitter accounts. I wouldn't read any more into this than their management people doing their job.

Panama Hotel, dasacco, SRC and 4 others like this.
  18. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

My prediction: Fleetwood Mac will be mentioned in passing in the speech, she will thank "current and former members of Fleetwood Mac" for something vague, and allowing her to do her solo career along with the band, and mention none of them by name. She will play "Edge Of Seventeen" and "Stand Back" with her solo band. The focus will be on her and her solo career, and she isn't going to do anything to distract from that.

kwadguy likes this.
  19. Vinyl_Blues

Vinyl_Blues Slave to the Groove

I pray that is true. It’s obvious how important music has been to him his whole life. Here’s hoping his voice can fully recover just so that he doesn’t have to give up on any part of his music.

WalkAThinLine and The MEZ like this.
  20. BZync

BZync Senior Member

The news of Kevin Smith's heart attack really threw me. Much to my delight I spotted him that very weekend in a local Whole Foods.

Living in los Angeles, you do run into a celebrity every so often. I try to be cool when that happens. If I make eye contact I'll usually nod acknowledgment. But I do my best to give them their privacy.

Having said that, when I saw him in the Whole Foods, I was so happy to see him up and about that I yelled "KEVIN!!". It just came out of my mouth without any thought on my part. He turned around, looking quite surprised. "Are you okay?", I asked. He broke into a grin and nodded. "Stay healthy, okay?". He pointed at what he was buying and gave me a thumbs up. It was only later that I'd realized I'd made a small scene.

I hope that Mr Buckingham is up and shopping in Whole Foods very soon. I promise not to yell at him.

21. Timmy84

Timmy84 Forum Resident

If people are blaming Stevie for it, that's disgusting. She had nothing to do with his health issues.

22. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

The Ledge is a pit.

905, raphph and Porkpie like this.
  23. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

Everything is Stevie's fault according to some of the people on The Ledge forum. Having a discussion is one thing, calling someone names is another. Most of the mods are Lindsey fans, so they're not going to do anything about the anti-Stevie comments. If anyone wrote anything offensive about Christine, the mods would delete the comment without hesitation.

And so it should be. Stevie should keep the Fleetwood Mac talk to a minimum. The other members had their moment in 1998.

ARK, 905 and walrus like this.
  24. cungar

cungar Forum Resident

The CNN headline

Fleetwood Mac's ex-guitarist suffers vocal cord damage during heart surgery

That could be what about 27 people at this point? Lindsey Buckingham isn't a famous enough person to use his name in the headline?

25. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Damn. Glad we got to see him perform a few months ago. I hope he fully recovers.

Sigma6 and TheSeldomSeenKid like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.