Lindsey Buckingham Heart Surgery

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hole Got Fixed, Feb 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Forum Resident

This is the case for most celebrities/bands. 99 percent of any Twitter feed like that is prescheduled posts. The same intern probably went into all the accounts and made the same post. An obviously generic message approved by Corporate, but a message nonetheless.

Not a surprise and not unusual in this day/age.

DTK likes this.
  2. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

3. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Get well soon Lindsey.

Timmy84 and WalkAThinLine like this.
  4. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Hope he recovers. His voice isn't about technical perfection, so maybe it's not the end.

Vinyl_Blues and WalkAThinLine like this.
  5. WalkAThinLine

WalkAThinLine Forum Resident

amazing photos.

6. WalkAThinLine

yes. what idiots. when it's a well known medical fact that stress has nothing to do with heart attacks, especially if one has known family history of heart problems.

Kristen Buckingham: "This past year has been a very stressful and difficult year for our family to say the least."

7. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Yeah...and years of cocaine abuse is heart healthy, especially if one has a known family history of heart problems. o_O

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

get well soon...that blows.

WalkAThinLine likes this.
  9. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

What's the latest on how Lindsey is doing? Anybody heard anything?

10. WalkAThinLine

Kristen Buckingham on Twitter

Kristen Buckingham‏ @KBChrush
    I know everyone would like an update on how Lindsey is doing. Considering the massively invasive surgery, he is doing really well. Each day things get a little easier, but it is a slow process and sometimes a frustrating one. Thank you so much for all the love and light
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Lownotes, The MEZ, mrgroove01 and 3 others like this.
  11. Chris DeVoe

Massively invasive? That sounds like a bypass. My brother had a 6 way bypass so I've got some idea how long it'll take before he's back to 100%. They have to saw open your chest, and it takes awhile for the bones to knit back together.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  12. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

His brother and dad both died around age 50 from heart-related issues?

Lindsey, why the hell were doing so much cocaine when younger!?! Did you think that would make your heart last even longer?

In any case, get well soon please.

audiomixer likes this.
  13. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Been there, done that. Takes about 6 weeks before they even let you lift a gallon of milk, or let you get out of a chair by using your arms and elbows. The good news is that if he hasn't had a lot of heart muscle damage from his attack, he can pretty much return to physical activity that is the same as before his attack. He'll be on several pills (legitimate ones) for quite a while, however.

14. Chris DeVoe

There's the chest and then of course the huge long slices they making your legs to get arteries out. I was lucky that my heart attack was very mild and they only had to put in two stents.

15. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Yeah...I forgot about the legs. These days they just make a small slice at the top and bottom of your leg and then fish the vein out. The legs still hurt like heck for a long time though. Just goes to show that things do pass and things get better and back to some semblance of normal.

Best of luck to you Lindsey. Get well soon.

16. Chris DeVoe

The painkillers are the real danger. My brother had seen so many lives destroyed by oxycodone that he refused anything other than Tylenol after he got out of the hospital. Hopefully Lindsey's addiction issues don't come back.
    Welcome to the club, Lindsey!

keyXVII, Fullbug, enro99 and 2 others like this.
  17. Fannymac

Fannymac Forum Resident

Dad 58, brother 46 (and he was a former Olympics medalist!).

18. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Wow, never heard of a 6 Way Bypass. Hope your Brother made a Full Recovery and doing well.

19. Chris DeVoe

He went in for an angiogram... and they wouldn't let him leave. Sawed his chest open and worked for half a day. Amazing that they can do this.
    Yep, we were working together today. Thanks!

20. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

If you think about, it was part and parcel of the rock and roll lifestyle, at the time. And, nobody knew/thought it was dangerous back then. Who cares why he did it, anyhow? That’s a moot point, sir. The only important thing is that he gets well :)

WalkAThinLine likes this.
  21. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

22. Chris DeVoe

Not everybody. Todd Rundgren and his girlfriend were tied up by home invaders back in 1980.

During a 2013 interview with the Guardian, Rundgren claimed the criminals "threatened to cut all my fingers off if I didn't tell them where I hid all my cocaine, on the weird presumption that anybody in the music business had a lot of cocaine" — and even though he escaped the ordeal with all of his digits intact, he scoffed at the idea that he'd have a bunch of blow lying around the house.

"It's the drug that has the least return for your investment," noted Rundgren. "I'd be more interested in having another psychedelic experience. Because I would get something from it. But you could pile all the cocaine in the world in front of me and I wouldn't care."
    Such a uniquely Todd way of looking at things - calculating the ROI on a drug.

23. overdrivethree

overdrivethree Forum Resident

I’ve never touched acid, but Todd has a point.

In my very limited experience (and not with the drug itself) cocaine is awful and pointless.

keyXVII and Chris DeVoe like this.
  24. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

[​IMG]
    Todd +Timothy Leary
    ...all the best to Lindsey for a happy life.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  25. Chris DeVoe

I've never done any drug, but only LSD has any appeal. If I received a terminal illness diagnosis, I would be interest in exploring it.

From what I have read, cocaine tells you "You're AWESOME!" where LSD tells you "The Universe is AWESOME!" Given that the universe is, objectively, awesome, while most people who take cocaine probably aren't, LSD seems to be more likely to tell the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.