Lindsey Buckingham - Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham (3 CD set) and 2018 tour dates

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by WalkAThinLine, Aug 7, 2018.

1. joshbg2k

joshbg2k Forum Resident

Anyone know if he's touring with a full band this time?

2. Thank you, thank you!! Got the front of the lower balcony, 4th row center. Very much appreciated!

Seems the pre-sale allotment of floor tix we're all sold out by the time I got in (about an hour after they went on sale.) Which is OK, the balcony's fine (saved $80 that way too), and I often prefer the front of the balcony in many theaters.

Thanks again! I've been wanting to see Lindsey solo for probably 10-12 years, and been kicking myself at least 3-4 times for opportunities I've let pass (or that would have been too much of a hassle to take advantage of).

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  3. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

I'm looking at the 10/24 Peachtree City, GA, date (SE of Atlanta about 30 minutes). I'm seeing Bob Dylan three days later in Macon, so that'll be a full week of concerts for me!

WalkAThinLine likes this.
  4. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Live Nation Passwords for tomorrow:

Remix
    Covert

5. Seems most of the concerts on this tour come bundles with a 'free' CD -- which I presume(?) is the 1-CD version of his new Solo Anthology set -- is that correct?? (Didn't I read somewhere that there was both a 1-CD and 3-CD 'expanded' edition?)

Anybody know what the track-listing of the 1-CD version is? I'm all-in for the 3 CD version -- but as long as I can get a couple 'free' copies of the CD bundled with the concert tix I just purchased, I'm glad to give those copies to a couple friends.

(Surely they wouldn't be giving out the 3CD version with the concert tickets, I can't imagine.)

WalkAThinLine and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Wait, what?? Lindsey Buckingham covering George Harrison??? This I have to hear. And the Stones? What songs are those??

Very currious to hear more!!

Lewisboogie and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

He did a live version of "Here Comes the Sun" on a new years eve show in 2001. Not aware of any studio rendition of a George Harrison song. He did several Stones covers during his original 'Gift of Screws' sessions in the 90s. I believe "I Am Waiting" and "She Smiled Sweetly" have subsequently been released on solo albums. Maybe even one other one. "Singer Not the Song" is one that I don't think has been officially released.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  8. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

There is a 1 disc set which is the 1st disc of the 3 disc set.

9. wilbuck

wilbuck Forum Resident

Ha! This was what i was thinking too. I still have this on my DVR from when it first aired. Great Buckingham/Tusk era stuff in there

Hep Alien likes this.
  10. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

Lindsey Buckingham presale codes: Spotify = TROUBLE, Live Nation = COVERT, Amex = 8778770987 Capitol One = 412800 Chase = 541712

The spotify one seemed to work for me for Portland

11. Koabac

Koabac Self-Titled

Sorry if this has been answered (I didn't see the response if it was), but the iTunes version credits "Sleeping Around The Corner" to LB & CM, so that appears to be the only track from the album that isn't strictly Lindsey solo, even though it's clearly a solo LB song from his previous solo album (and, to my ears, he just overdubbed Christine playing and singing over the existing recording and remixed it) and, I suppose, he felt that was the best version of that song.

12. MikeVielhaber

I think the new version has a new bridge. That's what I'm told. I don't think I've heard the original and it's not up on youtube. Also, I can't discern any audible contributions from Christine.

13. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

A deluxe edition of Law and Order. Yeah, I was referring to that.

14. Koabac

Koabac Self-Titled

I haven't really sat down and A-B'd them find the differences, but seeing how LB used basic tracking and, many times, complete songs, from his early, original 1995-2000 "Gift of Screws" sessions for most of the songs on FM's 'Say You Will" and his subsequent three solo albums, I would be surprised if he re-recorded much of anything for the LB/CM "Sleeping" version. That said, I assume Christine put some harmonies and keyboard in there somewhere. Otherwise, what's the point of putting on their collaborative album?

For me, the answer will remain a mystery - mostly because my laziness about discovering what changes were made outweighs my interest. ;)

15. MikeVielhaber

I agree, what’s the point, yet I believe all of Lindsey’s songs to be sans Christine. You would have trouble spotting her on any of them. Most of them are from the 2012 sessions with Mick and John. Yet she’s clearly there on all of her songs and the songs they wrote together.

16. Koabac

Koabac Self-Titled

Interesting. Yes, I suppose, now that you mention it, it wouldn't be THAT outlandish if their duet album had a completely solo Lindsey OR Christine song on it (apart from, of course, LB producing and playing), like a typical FM album where each songwriter had the occasional, basically, "solo" song (though they usually threw in some harmonies). If that IS the case, however, and CM is NOT on "Sleeping" at all, it makes it an even stranger choice to put on their album. It had already been previously released in two different versions. Why a third on a duet album if he wasn't going to utilize his duet partner? The mystery deepens, as does the laziness beyond rambling about it...

Lost In The Flood and Hep Alien like this.
  17. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

That was Lindsey's way in Fleetwood Mac too. He'll play and sing all over others' songs, but his songs are his. I don't know if Christine has played on one of his songs (in the studio) since 1977.

Hep Alien and trumpetplayer like this.
  18. Galaga King

Galaga King "Drive where the cops ain't"

The anthology is now available for $29.99 on Amazon. Seems a little steep...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. For 3 cd's?

20. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

If Lindsey plays with a band, I really hope his drummer uses acoustic drums. As much as I've loved seeing Mr. Buckingham in concert, those non-acoustic drums have been disappointing.

21. “Out Of The Cradle” is a masterpiece, and I’m so glad it’s getting well represented on this new compilation.

I’m just wondering what the mastering is going to be like, considering the original “Out Of The Cradle” CD is often used as a reference CD when trying out new hi-fi systems.

22. Me, too. That album is begging for 5.1 treatment, and it's a real shame that it never came out in that format when more things were being done that way. I also consider it one of a handful of reference-quality CDs in my collection.

Chris C and Oyster Boy like this.
  23. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

It's crazy how smooth Out of the Cradle is for the ears and his recent albums .... aren't.

Sigma6, Matthew Tate, Chris C and 2 others like this.
  24. JFSebastion

JFSebastion Forum Resident

Nice to see him bouncing back. The 6 piece vinyl set sounds fab. You can't get a copy of "Out of the Cradle" on vinyl for a king's ransom here in the U.S. Believe it to be a European vinyl issue only. That is a great album. All the experiments of the first two solo albums, although really good, was welcome here. It showcased his guitar work and his growth in his lyrics for his songs. Like a fine wine, Lindsey gets better with age.

25. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

There was an interview I think within the past few years where he talked disparagingly about Law And Order.

I just searched a bunch of Lindsey interviews online but couldn't find it. Sorry. Maybe someone else knows.