List all UK online record shops

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by onm3rcur7, Sep 3, 2022.

1. onm3rcur7

onm3rcur7 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi,

Can you all list all the record stores that you know, chains or local (but based in the United Kingdom please), where you can order online.

2. Rock Box in Camberley I've used for about ten years and they've been great, especially when I was living in Oz. Cheaper to buy from them than the ridiculous Oz prices.

I use them or Badlands in Cheltenham, who I've had no problem with either.

I'm in Worcester.

No record shops, bar a couple of second hand places, in town.

Not even HMV anymore.

onm3rcur7 likes this.
  3. Dr Wu

Dr Wu Active Member

I have always had a good experience with Juno, competitive prices, fast delivery & well packaged.

4. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Beatdown in Newcastle is a great shop that do online orders.

5. nwpsys

nwpsys Forum Resident

I use Burning Shed for all my Prog (and beyond) needs and have done for years. Delivery charges not the cheapest but their packaging is super-tough.

Man at C&A likes this.
  6. stillrockin

stillrockin Forum Resident

What Records are very efficient and competitive on pricing for vinyl records and cd box sets

7. stillrockin

I really do want to support independent retailers either directly or via an ebay shop if necessary. I have had two poor experiences with Chalkys where items were listed as in stock and then after a couple of weeks I was advised item out of stock and not able to be supplied. It is fine advertising a competitive price but you have to be able to deliver. I have now had an out of stock notification from Badlands on an order of a brand new release requiring me to try to find an alternative source. It is no wonder purchasers stick to the corporate giants.

8. stillrockin

I am writing to endorse the previous post concerning a positive experience with Junos. I just used them for the first time and they were fast and decently packaged.

There are good online sellers for new items on ebay uk such as lovemusicglasgow, mm3478 and a1tradinguk1. I have used all of these sellers successfully.

9. normanr

normanr Forum Resident

I have used

Resident Music - Brighton
    Union Music - Lewes
    Rough Trade - London
    Assai - Edinburgh
    Badlands - Cheltenham
    Off the Beaten Tracks - Louth
    Soul Brother - London

And probably others I’ve forgotten. Widened my horizons during the pandemic, basically just used Google to find shops and then looked online to see if they would send by post. Anyway Resident in Brighton would be my top recommendation for a bricks-and-mortar shop that also sells online.