Little House on the Prairie

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jason88cubs, May 18, 2018.

1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

and another episode when 2 brothers sold infected meat knowing such...they both died as well...heavy episode.

2. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thats a great one!

3. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

There were some startlingly dark episodes of Little House, to a kid anyway. I’ll remember the woman in the burning house smashing the window with Mary’s baby till my final days.

4. jason88cubs

5. jason88cubs

I swear I read somehwere, and I can't find it now, that Michael Landon wasn't originally gonna play Charles and was just gonna produce and direct

ANyone else hear this?

6. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member

Yes, just in the last few months (or within the last year), I believe, but I don't recall the source.

7. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

I'll always remember the episode with the demolitions expert who accidently blew himself up while Charles looked on in horror.

jason88cubs and Michael like this.
  8. Michael

heavy episode...

clhboa and jason88cubs like this.
  9. I love the early episodes. The first two seasons were the best for me. I also lost interest when Albert joined the lineup. The worst was when Cassandra and James were thrown in the pile. ugh

ZippyPippy and Michael like this.
  10. Michael

I loved all of them...just a feel good show and yes, Albert was kind of a drag with the drug crap, but it was common back then...especially laudanum...

Butterfly Blue likes this.

11. Oh, the annoying, "Alyssa! Alyssa! Alyssa!" episode.

j_rocker and AndrewS like this.
  12. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

Love little house. No one commented about Almonzo? He would be put in jail today for going after someone under age. :shrug:

13. Jack Lord

Jack Lord Forum Resident

Oh I remember that one .... brutal. Jolly Irish fella who celebrates Charles winning something and hits a stick of dynamite and blows himself up. Charles has to stop at his house and tell the wife and son.

They really could hit hard sometimes.

S. P. Honeybunch and Michael like this.
  14. jason88cubs

Seemed like Charles got his ribs broke every other episode

15. Michael

I felt bad all around in this episode...

Jack Lord likes this.
  16. Michael

I don't recall that...: )

17. Michael

the episode freaked me out I thought I was having a flashback! OMG! it was horribly annoying to the point of shouting (((((((SHUT UP!)))))))))
    at the TV. There never been a more annoying episode ever as that.

Butterfly Blue likes this.
  18. Michael

yea, he robbed the cradle, but it was different times of which morally it was a better world.

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  19. First time he broke them was in the Harvest of Friends episode. Falling out of that tree he made a sound that made me laugh.
    Yes, mean. :shh:

Michael likes this.
  20. Michael

O' OK I remember that episode...do you have the series on BD? it's fabulous compared to those sad DVD seasons which looked absolutely horrible and cut to S***!...yea, I bought them all them all on BD...I can't help it I love the show...my wife and I watched it on BD...I'm ready to watch it again! she's not. : ) and I have the UVs loaded up as well...now the seasons are going for peanuts...S7 BD (Amazon Exclusive) was like $7.95?! what a bargain.

AndrewS likes this.
  21. No, I don't own any episodes. I think I have the movie on VHS somewhere. The movie to introduce the show.
    YEARS ago my mom saw a commercial selling the whole series on VHS and wanted to get it for me. She only got the introductory tape and quit. haha

22. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

Great episode. Michael Landon on finding them saying "Burn it down."

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  23. Michael

if you decide to buy it I highly recommend the BD...

24. BLUESJAZZMAN

BLUESJAZZMAN I Love Blues, Jazz, Rock, My Son & Honest People

So reminds me of being a kid. Makes me feel all warm inside. They used to run it on a Saturday morning around early - late 80's in the UK. Decent show that always carried some kind of moral story. Better than most of the crap the kids are watching nowadays. Things were much more innocent then. Kids would probably laugh at it today!!

25. jason88cubs

Caroline cheating on Charles with Chris the Handyman

oh boy